Opinion Moore or Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
heading towards the back half of the year i was thinking if we could only get 1 of these 2 fit who would be the better option for us out of Moore and Elliott.

obviously this is based on IF* and on the assumption fully fit

Elliott for mine gets the nod, his proven that his consistently able to perform and impact the game. he adds to our list of flanker type players allbeit he won't go in the middle; he will compliment the rotations of our genuine midfield / Flankers.

A+
Pendles
Sidebottom
Howe

A
Treloar
Wells
Elliott
Crisp

B+
Adams
Phillips
Maynard
Hoskin Elliott

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
To answer your question - Jamie.

Just in reference to your other rankings, i reckon Shaz and Crisp have been 2 of our top 5 best players this year.

Not sure what your ratings are based on, but (unpopular opinion) at the moment i have both of them ahead of Howe.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
To answer your question - Jamie.

Just in reference to your other rankings, i reckon Shaz and Crisp have been 2 of our top 5 best players this year.

Not sure what your ratings are based on, but (unpopular opinion) at the moment i have both of them ahead of Howe.
the rating all be it in there have now real relavance i'm sorry to the actual point. it was more to show that Elliott is in the better half of our quality players.

Brent24

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore. He would be very handy at CHB this week. Don't really like our match ups against Hogan/McDonald. Unfortunately, by the time he's fit, it will be hard to try and incorporate him into our back 6.

Would be pretty stoked if Elliott ever got fit. He's clearly the better player, but we've done a good job covering him this year.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
A fit Elliott adds so much to our line up, looking forward to him slotting into the team come the rest of the season. The big thing is tif he can reach his previous levels and even go beyond. I hope he can.

Moore has everything in his kit bag to be our very own Lynch and if he reaches his potential the two could dominate our forward half for the next 5 years + years.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
A fit Elliott adds so much to our line up, looking forward to him slotting into the team come the rest of the season. The big thing is tif he can reach his previous levels and even go beyond. I hope he can.

Moore has everything in his kit bag to be our very own Lynch and if he reaches his potential the two could dominate our forward half for the next 5 years + years.

I don't think we will ever see the pre pars defect Elliott again, when he was back last time he rarely went for the high flyer and changed his game. Prior to back injury he was up there with Howe for consistently taking speccys in the game.

Still a very good player and capable forward, hopefully it is a confidence thing rather then a injury prevention thing and in time can return to his original high flying best.

My pick is; why not both?

Oct 28, 2006
MT OLYMPUS
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiakos, McLaren
I don't think we will ever see the pre pars defect Elliott again, when he was back last time he rarely went for the high flyer and changed his game. Prior to back injury he was up there with Howe for consistently taking speccys in the game.

Still a very good player and capable forward, hopefully it is a confidence thing rather then a injury prevention thing and in time can return to his original high flying best.

This.

Elliott for sure at this present time. Moore has loads of talent but I’m not sure we will see it consistently.
Having both playing on Monday would make us a far tougher matchup for the Dees.

This ^, but if I had to pick just one, Jamie; any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

We'd be such a formidable side with a fully-fit Elliot, whether that will ever take place again is a different discussion.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood

Exactly, back both of them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
heading towards the back half of the year i was thinking if we could only get 1 of these 2 fit who would be the better option for us out of Moore and Elliott.

obviously this is based on IF* and on the assumption fully fit

Elliott for mine gets the nod, his proven that his consistently able to perform and impact the game. he adds to our list of flanker type players allbeit he won't go in the middle; he will compliment the rotations of our genuine midfield / Flankers.

A+
Pendles
Sidebottom
Howe

A
Treloar
Wells
Elliott
Crisp

B+
Adams
Phillips
Maynard
Hoskin Elliott

Imagine how good our forward line would be if we could get Elliot up and running!

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore. He would be very handy at CHB this week. Don't really like our match ups against Hogan/McDonald. Unfortunately, by the time he's fit, it will be hard to try and incorporate him into our back 6.

Would be pretty stoked if Elliott ever got fit. He's clearly the better player, but we've done a good job covering him this year.

I think you are right.
If we look forward to finals our backline will be faced with challenges with opposition mobile talls in addition to Hogan/TMac such as Cameron, Buddy etc.
Having an athletic tall option like Moore to switch back will be a real benefit and offer a great way to neutralise these fwds and the scoring of their teams.
If fact switching Moore back in the RD 23 games against Melb was a revelation.

Holding these fwds increases our chances of winning more than adding Elliot fwd IMO.

But getting them both fit offers major upside.

Last edited:
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Elliott. He'd kill two birds with one stone. We'd have another match winner up forward. And we'd be able to move De Goey on ball which will help address our issues at the clearances. Hoping for both though! Moore could prove really important as a taller defensive option. Reckon he'd be handy this week for example.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

becuase the point of the topic is to debate which one is more valuable to the team for this finals campaign :p

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

I watched the RD 23 game again recently, and the HAwks rd 9 game - Elliot was superb, and if he can consistently play this way he will really add power to our fwd line even without quality speccys of the past.

surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta

Just on Elliott, maybe he has changed his game but how many goals did he score in the games he played last year?

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore.
Proper forward.
Can pinch-hit ruck.
Hopefully, then, dump Cox.
I wonder if moores father was fred nerk whether people would keep wrapping him up. To be honest in all of moores games forward of the ball i can think of 1 game where I was excited. One game. I dont think his best position is forward. It may well be chb

Apr 17, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder if moores father was fred nerk whether people would keep wrapping him up. To be honest in all of moores games forward of the ball i can think of 1 game where I was excited. One game. I dont think his best position is forward. It may well be chb
True.
Comparing Moore to Hogan and Curnow?... Moore has done basically jack-s**t. Though, he’s U18 form was brilliant. His physique and skills are top notch. And, fragility aside... Moore> Elliot. Small, peewee forwards are a dime-a-dozen. KPP players don’t fall out of trees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back