Opinion Moore or Elliott

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jaime Elliott for me.

Elliott is our biggest hurt point.

A fully fit Elliott what he brings, nobody on our list comes close to his goal kicking X factor.

In the air, on the ground he is so much superior to our other possible fillers when he’s injured. (Fasolo as an example just is not in Jaime’s level of talent and ability.)

Elliott hurts us big time.

SideysBottom

Senior List
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Elliot will be a big inclusion come toward the pointy end of the year, in his best form he will give us a goal kicking weapon to explore in the forward line, we would love to have him back as soon as possible but hopefully we can see him fit before Round 18.

Moore likely to get some games under his belt for his confidence and he doesn't add as much value to the side, if we go back to using him as a forward he can have an impact but not as a deep option like Elliot.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder if moores father was fred nerk whether people would keep wrapping him up. To be honest in all of moores games forward of the ball i can think of 1 game where I was excited. One game. I dont think his best position is forward. It may well be chb

Its a very good point but as you well know genetics have a lot to do with whether a player is going to be any good. So when a player's old man is a dual Brownlow medallist you have to take that into account.

Moore is still an enigma at this stage of his career. Hopefully he can get back on track this season and prove to the club why hes worth keeping.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
True.
Comparing Moore to Hogan and Curnow?... Moore has done basically jack-s**t. Though, he’s U18 form was brilliant. His physique and skills are top notch. And, fragility aside... Moore> Elliot. Small, peewee forwards are a dime-a-dozen. KPP players don’t fall out of trees.

Really? That wasn't my recollection of the reports, there were moments of brilliance but little more.

Last edited:
Based on his prior performances then Elliott, absolutely.

I’m still not convinced about Moore, but last year he was struggling to cover the absence of Cloke, and those around him up forward weren’t doing much. This year he hasn’t been fully tried in a better functioning forward set up. Plus he practiced in defence in the pre-season.

We therefore don’t know how he would perform up forward when fully fit and with WHE, JDG and Cox doing his ‘thing’, and the mids’ improved delivery.

He could be a revelation. He could also be a disappointment.

Last edited:

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Elliot - proven goal kicker that can turn a game

Moore - love child who everyone hopes will one day be as good as his old man but who hasnt really strung a series of good games together since arriving

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cox out for Moore.
Elliot in for whoever.

Elliot is X Factor. If we want finals action you need blokes like him.

DeGoey, Stephenson, WHE, Elliot is an amazing group.

I'm hoping Kirby overcomes his issues and realises his potential. Slotting him into that group would allow JDG to the midfield. Stephenson, WHE, Elliott and Kirby would be an amazing group. Likely I'll have to cool my heals on Kirby until at least 2019 but it is certainly something to look forward to.

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm hoping Kirby overcomes his issues and realises his potential. Slotting him into that group would allow JDG to the midfield. Stephenson, WHE, Elliott and Kirby would be an amazing group. Likely I'll have to cool my heals on Kirby until at least 2019 but it is certainly something to look forward to.
We all hope but i mean in terms of this year. Elliot still a chance to be right for the back half of the season!

heading towards the back half of the year i was thinking if we could only get 1 of these 2 fit who would be the better option for us out of Moore and Elliott.

obviously this is based on IF* and on the assumption fully fit

Elliott for mine gets the nod, his proven that his consistently able to perform and impact the game. he adds to our list of flanker type players allbeit he won't go in the middle; he will compliment the rotations of our genuine midfield / Flankers.

A+
Pendles
Sidebottom
Howe

A
Treloar
Wells
Elliott
Crisp

B+
Adams
Phillips
Maynard
Hoskin Elliott
Need to learn how to add a poll....
Elliot for mine.
Moore needs to do a lot to earn a bit of respect on field.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just on Elliott, maybe he has changed his game but how many goals did he score in the games he played last year?

In 2017 played 17 games for 34 goals. (A very basic stat mind you and not his full impact)
Break downs for goals was,
4 goals once
3 goals 8 times
1 goal 6 times
0 goals twice.

As I said still very good player and capable forward just less spectacular.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both, we're all craving to see Elliot carving it up again!! but I'm still 50/50 on Moore playing as a swing man...bit off track here but how's this for a future goal to goal line...
Dunn/McLarty
Sharenburg
Pendles
Moore
Lynch

Moore everyday and Twice on Sundays.

Have plenty to Replace Elliot and only McLarty for Moore
So if McLarty is the only replacement for Moore, why do we field 18 players every week and McLarty has not played a senior game yet??

Elliot has the better exposed performance at the moment by a long way.
He never been dropped for form issues.
You could argue he has "more dire" injury problems, but not that he has more.

Don't get me wrong Dave, I want Moore to succeed at Collingwood, but he is a really long way from being a player who can even dream of demanding a high number on a contract, and if he is, he is deluded.
You and many others were only too happy to pile derision on Cloke when he was asking for big dollars and he was a Premiership Forward who had already been loyal to the club for a long period with the highest contested marking stats in the competition.

Moore has just a smidge above no exposed form fora key forward.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Elliot is X Factor. If we want finals action you need blokes like him.

DeGoey, Stephenson, WHE, Elliot is an amazing group.

As well put as one could put it.

Back