Opinion Moore or Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore's versatility is the key for me.
If Dunn stinks it up against Richmond again, Buckley can swing Moore onto Riewoldt. If Cox hams it up forward again, Moore can contest and kick goals. Grundy needs a rest, Moore is a viable ruck option too.

Cox out for Moore.
Elliot in for whoever.

Elliot is X Factor. If we want finals action you need blokes like him.

DeGoey, Stephenson, WHE, Elliot is an amazing group.
You could say "X" Men.

On performances so far on their careers, Elliott by a mile.

Moore has potential but he hasn't shown much except on a very few occasions.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it was a choice of the 2, I am clearly taking Moore.

Our cohort of mids/wings are doing a pretty good job in those replacement small fwd roles.
I just wonder whether the lack of Elliot and Fas in our fwd line, who both do a lot of leading-up, without being great crumbers, has actually led to a more efficient forward 50?
Now clearly a healthy Elliott is a gun small forward, and when at his peak one of the best in the league - but I don't know how much of a difference he makes to our current lot, and he needs to make some adjustments to his game to stop us from falling into bad habits again.

For me, Darcy is where the improvement would really come for our fwd line. Now- not the Darcy we have consistently seen so far, but the one that would hopefully have taken the step you hope to see in his 4th season as a KPF. (and thats the caveat in all of this - I am really taking Moore for his position and his potential).
But so far this year, Reid has been disappointing (not unexpected, because I just wonder if he has any legs left), and Cox has done really well at being a target, and bringing the ball to ground consistently, but not yet taking enough of those grabs cleanly or putting pressure on the scoreboard.
If Darcy plays as that lead-up tall, is a consistent marking target, and takes those grabs, and is mobile enough defensively to keep his opponent honest, then he would be an automatic upgrade on both those guys (Reid at least).

If only a choice between them, then it’s billy, but a fit Darcy’s versatility playing back or forward cannot be overlooked either. Not so simple as a whole though.

why not trade out elliott and moore? so we have room to keep de goey and possibly get in tom lynch?
i love elliott but he is to injury prone now.. de goey is a beast mid and forward as we all know and lynch is a no brainer..

why not trade out elliott and moore? so we have room to keep de goey and possibly get in tom lynch?
i love elliott but he is to injury prone now.. de goey is a beast mid and forward as we all know and lynch is a no brainer..

Time to stop being romantic

We need to cash in those chips and reboot

Both injury prone
Both have some currency

Get may get lynch get kids

Moore has greater potential and occupies a list area we're deficient in (young talls), but Elliott has produced more to date and is a match winner in his own right. With that said I'd take a different approach in choosing one and consider their trade value; therefore with Moore being a higher commodity he's the one I'd put less emphasis on retaining.

Really? That wasn't my recollection of the reports, there were moments of brilliance but little more.
Moore's junior, school and TAC football was no different to his AFL career. Lot of potential but in reality regular injuries (mostly soft-tissue) interpersed with some games of football where he played very well for some periods. Elliott's absence has hurt us but going forward if one or both are considering leaving then it will help with the salary cap. What we need is a big bodied defender because both McDonald and Curnow have rag-dolled our defenders in the past two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2017 played 17 games for 34 goals. (A very basic stat mind you and not his full impact)
Break downs for goals was,
4 goals once
3 goals 8 times
1 goal 6 times
0 goals twice.

As I said still very good player and capable forward just less spectacular.
I’d take 3+ goals in every second game, hands down.

If Moore was super fit and doesn’t get injured any More, he would be the next Million $ player at Collingwood
Unfortunately he is and always will be a ticking time bomb for injuries

Trade him get a first & second round and end it!

Pass him on to Norf, they do anything to
Improve their image

Sent from my Warped mind

I can't/won't choose... they're both exciting to watch and both make us better...
That said, we shouldn't be "paying overs" for either. Hope they're both "'Pies for Life".

If Moore was super fit and doesn’t get injured any More, he would be the next Million $ player at Collingwood
Unfortunately he is and always will be a ticking time bomb for injuries

Trade him get a first & second round and end it!

Pass him on to Norf, they do anything to
Improve their image

Sent from my Warped mind
Why do you come to the conclusion that he'll always be a ticking time bomb for injuries?
He just needs to get a full preseason under his belt, just like Matt Sharenburg has...Moore is a big part of our future & I hope he stays.

Moore Elliott
Less Injuries.
Moore of everything.

Jamie was huffing and puffing in his limited VFL Game/s this year.The key to Jamie is possibly that his back injury is causing his hamstring issues due to a chronic condition.He will be out of contract and I cannot see other clubs offering big dollars for his services. Definitely a wanted player however a reduced short term contract should be offered with an option to prove his body is okay for a subsequent increase. Darcy is similar however his hamstring issues may not have an underlying cause factor.

Last edited:
heading towards the back half of the year i was thinking if we could only get 1 of these 2 fit who would be the better option for us out of Moore and Elliott.

obviously this is based on IF* and on the assumption fully fit

Elliott for mine gets the nod, his proven that his consistently able to perform and impact the game. he adds to our list of flanker type players allbeit he won't go in the middle; he will compliment the rotations of our genuine midfield / Flankers.

A+
Pendles
Sidebottom
Howe

A
Treloar
Wells
Elliott
Crisp

B+
Adams
Phillips
Maynard
Hoskin Elliott
Elliot is by far the better player, but I would choose more. Having a key back, forward, ruckman winger is rare and I think particularly come finals he will be important. Elliot we can cover as our small forward brigade are playing really well

heading towards the back half of the year i was thinking if we could only get 1 of these 2 fit who would be the better option for us out of Moore and Elliott.

Elliott for mine gets the nod, his proven that his consistently able to perform and impact the game. he adds to our list of flanker type players allbeit he won't go in the middle; he will compliment the rotations of our genuine midfield / Flankers.

A+
Pendles
Sidebottom
Howe

A
Treloar
Wells
Elliott
Crisp

B+
Adams
Phillips
Maynard
Hoskin Elliott
Can't believe you don't have Grundy on that list. EAsily A+ on current form. And Stephenson and Degoey already are A's and Varco B+ at least.

A+
Pendles
Sidebottom
Howe

A
Treloar
Wells
Elliott
Crisp

B+
Adams
Phillips
Maynard
Hoskin Elliott
Mobile talls are a lot rarer but Moore would be risky, he still hasn't really proven himself to be a long term star yet and could fall by the wayside. Whereas Elliot is without doubt a star but the risk for him is health. Due to Elliot's injury concerns you'd probably go with Moore although he has his own injury issues obviously, but as someone said, that would depend a lot on whether we get Lynch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back