Moore v Hipwood v Curnow

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hipwood is that rare, freakishly sized but not agile beast. Daniher the same. They are the size of ruckman and probably the ideal new-age key forward.

Moore I think is probably the most traditional of the 3. The right size for what you want and looks like the prototypical key forward. Perhaps just needs more support up forward.

You realise that Moore (listed at 203cm and 102kg) is actually bigger than Hipwood (203cm, 90kg) and Daniher (200cm, 95kg), right?

I'm not sure why Moore has been moved to defence. He looked good up forward and was a potential nightmare matchup with his size and athleticism. For me a gun KPF is always more valuable than a gun KPD .

I'm not sure why Moore has been moved to defence. He looked good up forward and was a potential nightmare matchup with his size and athleticism. For me a gun KPF is always more valuable than a gun KPD .

I don’t agree with it, even with Goldsack now being out for the season.

Dunn and Reid should be adequate as big defenders, and Howe, Scharenberg, Langdon are all 190cm+ too.

Why? Because of 1 game this year?

No, because of his entire output so far.

He'll kick 1-2 goals and have a highlight (which usually just involves him sprinting towards goal) every couple of weeks, and go largely unseen for extended stretches outside of that.

People are enamoured with his potential, but to reach that potential, you would expect him to be further along and having a bit more of a consistent impact than he is now.

Last edited:
No, because of his entire output so far.

He'll kick 1-2 goals and have a highlight (which usually just involved him sprinting towards goal) every couple of weeks, and go largely unseen for extended stretches outside of that.

People are enamoured with his potential, but to reach that expected potential, you would expect him to be further along and having a bit more of a consistent impact than he is now.

Hipwood is good but to 1 dimensional for me in the modern game while Curnow has many more strings in his bow for his arsenal starting with a much bigger tank and the ability to play anywhere on the ground and influence a result.

Hipwood is glued to F50 and close to the square which will inhibit him as these types are slowly disappearing from the game unless you are Lance Franklin and even he goes up the field now a fair bit.

Hipwood is still good but his talents i reckon are a decade to late for the modern game.

Hipwood is good but to 1 dimensional for me in the modern game while Curnow has many more strings in his bow for his arsenal starting with a much bigger tank and the ability to play anywhere on the ground and influence a result.

Hipwood is glued to F50 and close to the square which will inhibit him as these types are slowly disappearing from the game unless you are Lance Franklin and even he goes up the field now a fair bit.

Hipwood is still good but his talents i reckon are a decade to late for the modern game.

Hipwood is at his best as a CHF type. Not a FF that's always close to the square. His skills, speed and athletic ability are elite for someone of his size. Just needs to keep adding to his frame so he can hold his own in the contest more.

Hipwood is at his best as a CHF type. Not a FF that's always close to the square. His skills, speed and athletic ability are elite for someone of his size. Just needs to keep adding to his frame so he can hold his own in the contest more.

Yeah needs to bulk up cause he is still way to skinny and i am not pissing on him as i reckon he is a great leading mark and kick but i reckon his ceiling is not as high as Charlies regarding the ability to hurt the opposition cause Charlie can literally play anywhere.

Talk of moving Hipwood to CHF rather than as a FF. As Cotter said elite speed and athleticism. Think both will be elite but we'll just have to see how it pans out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had both I'd be very very happy! Would happily trade out Casboult, McKay and Kerr for Hipwood. Not even kidding.

Not McKay yet.

Cas and Kerr easily!

Scary how good Hipwood looks like he could be if he adds some weight to his build.

Between him and Curnow its a flip of the coin at the moment and I'm biased so obviously I'd pick Charlie, however both players have X-factor, something special.

Both unique players.

Moore needs help, both structurally and the players around him, could be a good player but seems to lack confidence.

Yeah needs to bulk up cause he is still way to skinny and i am not pissing on him as i reckon he is a great leading mark and kick but i reckon his ceiling is not as high as Charlies regarding the ability to hurt the opposition cause Charlie can literally play anywhere.

Charlie's got more strings to his bow, but gee I hope Carlton persist with him as a forward.

So how long until we remove Hipwood from this comparison/poll, and replace him with Todd Marshall?

Not after his effort last night, clearly the better KPF when compared to Todd on the field.

The thing at the moment with Hipwood is that he is 100% more dangerous when he spoils his own mark and then roves it, or gets the loose ball into the 50. Give him another 2-3 years and his contested mark will become much better and our mids will kick better entries for him to run onto.

Hipwood is an absolute freak. In a few years he will be a nightmare for opposition defenders.

Perhaps Marshall in for Moore who is a long way off Hipwood and Curnow

So how long until we remove Hipwood from this comparison/poll, and replace him with Todd Marshall?

Well you'd have to remove Moore as well, who has the same performance averages despite being a year older and playing in a mediocre side vs a terrible one.

d7f262151bc45d77130c3bbf3c0c06dd.png

Back