List Mgmt. Morabito delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the likelihood of another club picking him up? If he thinks he can get even one good year out of his body, it would be worth it for any team.

What's the likelihood of another club picking him up? If he thinks he can get even one good year out of his body, it would be worth it for any team.
Sydney is the best destination for recycle footballer, but i doubt he want to play footy in the highest level and will take a different career path.

I think anybody who has even a slight idea about football recognises the potential that Mora had. Of course it may have gone anywhere, but those early years; the power, poise, physical size, speed, and driving long kick - it's that feeling of what we almost had, and not once, but over and over again every time he (nearly) recovered from his next major injury we were teased yet again.

Mora's career from a Freo fan's perspective was like watching us get a repeated first round pick, one year after the next, only to have it taken away again. So frustrating. Much harder for him of course.

But, it went where it went and he's going to take some good stuff with him on his journey from here. And who knows, maybe without the pressure of top flight, a bit of time off or something, he might finish his career as good player at lower levels and maybe a WAFL flag or two.

Last edited:

At this stage, next to zero. If he decides to continue at WAFL level and he completes a full season or so (not likely itself), he might get a good look at - but I doubt it, I think he's done.

Can't believe that running goal was in 2010.

I had just come back from 6 years overseas.

I've since got married. Had a 4 year old with another one on the way. Bought 2 houses. Put on about 25kgs!

To think he's been rehabbing all his injuries and only added a few more games during that time is upsetting.

All the best to him.

The goal in the final against the Hawks is the talking point. It was his two goals against Geelong earlier in the year that I will remember the most.
I think it was the second, when he took the ball from the pack, wheeled boundary side, straightened and slotted the goal that got me.
yep that was the game where I realised we had a genuine star and in particular the goal you described.

No chance.

He was supposed to be delisted 2 seasons ago, but because of his high draft pick and well attitude he got given a chance.

Right move by all concerned but hell its gut wrenching to see all those years of pain,self sacrifice and turmoil come to nought. Best of luck to you Mora in your future endeavours.

Hurley , mora , one more ruckmen? ( FA)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise that he'd injured his quad in the victory over East Perth until I saw it on the AFL website.

Unbelievably unlucky player. What could've been...

It must've felt like taking aim at Bambi for Chris Bond today.

Sincerely good luck with the rebuild. Derbies are better when both teams are legitimately competing for finals, and come 2018 at the new stadium...oh yeah!

Didn't realise that he'd injured his quad in the victory over East Perth until I saw it on the AFL website.

Sincerely good luck with the rebuild. Derbies are better when both teams are legitimately competing for finals, and come 2018 at the new stadium...oh yeah!

Yep defiantly feels like we shot Bambi, but it was more akin to a mercy killing after he injured himself again on the weekend. Thanks for never giving up Mora and best of luck for your future.

Yep defiantly feels like we shot Bambi, but it was more akin to a mercy killing after he injured himself again on the weekend. Thanks for never giving up Mora and best of luck for your future.

I can't imagine that they would they be happy to "sit" on him for as long as it takes to recover from his upcoming quad surgery.
Dont take me seriously, nobody will be willing to take a risk on him . He might go and do a coaching course now . Might be a coaching prodigy you never know. J .lo as an example.

I cant help but feel for Mora #couldhavebeenachampion
Champion in my eyes mate. Someone who continued to have disappointment after disappointment. Constantly kept on his rehab and tried to get back. Hopefully he can get his body right and enjoy whatever he does in life. All the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back