Palmervich

All Australian
Oct 2, 2008
Rangelands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Why the f....k do people want to discuss Morra playing for another club. He's retiring from the AFL.

I think the club would have given him the opportunity to retire, if he thought he had nothing more to offer, to me, the fact that this isn't a retirement announcement means he's at least open to go on. Reality tells us that there probably isn't too many suitors given his history. Still think we should have held on one more year, simply for the fact we won't pick up that talented a player with the last pick in the rookie draft(which we have just opened up) but I guess we can't go on forever. Heartbreaking for it all to end here, but he will move on to better things. Good Luck Mora!

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think the club would have given him the opportunity to retire, if he thought he had nothing more to offer, to me, the fact that this isn't a retirement announcement means he's at least open to go on. Reality tells us that there probably isn't too many suitors given his history. Still think we should have held on one more year, simply for the fact we won't pick up that talented a player with the last pick in the rookie draft(which we have just opened up) but I guess we can't go on forever. Heartbreaking for it all to end here, but he will move on to better things. Good Luck Mora!
I think freo make the right decision to cut short the pain for both parties. With the amount of soft tissue freo players had and with mora injuries is better both go seperate way.

Super talent ruined by injury.

Always a shame to see any footballer have their dreams shattered through no real fault of their own. Morabito could have been elite and the AFL is poorer that we only got a glimpse of what might have been.

Good luck to the lad in whatever he chooses to do in the future.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I admit that i am totally wrong about ross. Now look like freo make the right decision not giving him afl games based on sentiment. Imagine he break down during pav farewell. But look like he will be back soon.

Mora: i am excited for what the future bring.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Devastated. One of the best first seasons for Freo, that running bounce from half back all the way through to the inside 50 and goal in the elimination final will always be remembered. Such a shame.

sorry for intruding, but nothing on the main board
love this vision. so sad for the kid. seriously hoped he would get back.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
A shame for us and him; his power and nice foot skills could have given us the sort of player we never really had. Who knows how 2013 would have or could have been if he was never hit by those ACLs.

However, the club did really well to stick fat with Mora for so long. The writing was on the wall by ACL 2 and yet he got a few more contracts. There are worse ways for a club to deal with that sort of thing, and we could all see the inevitability of it.

As for Mora. Yes, he's an incredibly driven, tough, aspirational person and I'm sure this is a big knock to him, but he isn't dead. He may have some trouble walking and with his legs as the years go on, but his life in his early 20s was good. He played a few games in the AFL, probably owns his own home in a decent spot, and was basically paid to go gallivant all over Spain and Italy on the club's dollar a few years ago. The dude did well.

There are plenty of guys, at Freo or elsewhere, who play 20-odd games and are never ever thought of again. That, or people think 'thank ****' when they're turfed. Anthony Morabito can know that he only played 20 games in the AFL, but everyone wanted him to play way more. I could think of worse legacies and situations.
You're not turning are you?

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Very sad news, could have been absolutely anything.

It's a dangerous game wondering "what if", but its very hard not to wonder what could have happened if he stayed fit and was running around with Hill and Fyfe.

I presume the club will continue to stick by him in some capacity as he starts his new life.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just watched the first half of the first quarter of the Peel game so I could see Mora dashing out of defence. The most of ground he makes with his running and booming kick is something we sorely lack. What could have been :(
Sorry its my 3rd post in this thread but I'm really grieving this one.
Stop it , dont remind me .

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Another 2010 Mora highlight indelibly imprinted in my brain was him bursting on to a centre square clearance in a tight game against St Kilda, and reeling off a raking 50 metre left foot I50 which was marked and goaled. We were going head to head with the eventual grand finalist and were right in it (unfortunately we were edged out). His contribution was vital and he was a first year player with only half a pre season under his belt.

I'm no good on technology, but if anyone could find the footage of that piece of action, I'd donate an important body part to science.

Some of the marking ability he showed in the F50 was also worth getting excited about.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
I remember that, pretty sure Pav was on the end of that. Was a monster kick on his left. It should be among his 2010 highlights which you can find on YT but I'm not going to check because it's too depressing.
Another 2010 Mora highlight indelibly imprinted in my brain was him bursting on to a centre square clearance in a tight game against St Kilda, and reeling off a raking 50 metre left foot I50 which was marked and goaled. We were going head to head with the eventual grand finalist and were right in it (unfortunately we were edged out). His contribution was vital and he was a first year player with only half a pre season under his belt.

I'm no good on technology, but if anyone could find the footage of that piece of action, I'd donate an important body part to science.

Some of the marking ability he showed in the F50 was also worth getting excited about.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
A big personal Thanks to Freo for giving Morabito the opportunities to battle his physical limitations.

An even bigger Thanks to Mora for fighting the challenges presented to him for the last 6 or more years. As sad as this time may be, I applaud him for his continual fight and hard work every time he was confronted by an injury. It appeared he demanded more from his body than it could provide. It must have taken a big heart and so much courage to continually ask his body for a little more after so many rejections. I hope he limps away, finds good health, stands tall and proud of his efforts and takes that same courage in to whatever future beholds him.

Thanks Mora!

Back