Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There is more of a squeeze than you think. Both Moller and Ballard need to be upgraded or dropped. I would expect Moller to stay, Ballard is harder to tell. At the moment only Sylvia is the only "out" player. We will need to delist (retire) or trade 3 to 4 additional players IMHO.

The draft this year is very shallow. We should not be going deeper than our third pick (required minimum) other than to top up our rookie list. Plus any we trade in but that could involve players rather than picks.

I reckon we have plenty of space on our list to maintain someone with the proven potential of Mora if he has a chance of getting over his soreness in the knee. Also I think it makes more sense to give Mora another 1 year contract extension than draft a low potential youngster from late in this draft - better to tide it over for another year and if Mora does not come up next year then next years draft is much deeper.

Realistically, I would have the following players being delisted before Mora and we only need 4 at most assuming we want to upgrade Moller:
Sylvia (gone already)
Crowley (our depth and the game has gone past him)
Duffy (maybe re-rookie, no other club will take him)
McPharlin (lets face it, he was convinced to go another year but he will probably retire this year)
Hannath (not sure we are best served by having him as well as the others including Moller on the list, Apeness has more potential as a genuine forward/ruck and you could use the spot to grab another ruck/KPP prospect)
Duffield (depth player now and age is against him, clearly RTB prefers Sutty, Sherro etc. in his role now and other youngsters pushing up as well).

I am pretty sure Mora is training now with the intention that if his knee shows signs of improvement they will give another chance come the end of the year.
Ballard is very borderline and a rookie anyway - his problem is disposal and that is a hard thing to fix up but critical in the present game against teams like Hawthorn.

Duffield and Hannath should be moved on.
I don't know about Crowley, he is good backup for a veteran midfield through next season.

Onya Morra - great to have you back at the club, playing or not.

Sweet friggin jesus H christ.. can you imagine what our midfield would be like if we can get Morra back in the team fit and firing?

I know it's a long shot - but seriously: Fyfe, Lachie, Blakely, Weller, Barlow, Mundy, Hill and Morra - in the same midfield

God-DAMN that's sexy!

...back in a minute - need to change my undies.

Think both Crowley & Morobito will be moved on . Moro unlucky and Crowls has younger blokes ready to take his spot. Time to move on .

Why? I think its worth trying, he's still hell young. If he was like 26 then yeah but 23 and hes just been to Germany for special super surgery. Sport loves these stories. Lets have one of those good news stories for 2016, Mora amassing 4 brownlow votes next season.

There is more of a squeeze than you think. Both Moller and Ballard need to be upgraded or dropped. I would expect Moller to stay, Ballard is harder to tell. At the moment only Sylvia is the only "out" player. We will need to delist (retire) or trade 3 to 4 additional players IMHO.
Tanner Smith was re rookied on a year extention , Tom Vandeleur has not got anywhere near AFL standard .
We have to do some serious recruiting over the next 2 drafts due to our aging list .these were the ages of these players at the start of this season
Dawson 29 ,Duffield 30 ,Johnson 30 , Mundy 30 , Pav 33 , Elvis 33 ,Mzungu 29 ,Griffin 29 ,Daniel Pearce 29 and Sandi 32 .
The next list may surprise some of you
Ballantyne 28, Barlow 27, Ibbotson 27, Silvagni 28 and Lee Spurr 28 .
15 players guys and all were or are in our best 30 .

God i hope he comes back.... Was devastated when he went down with the injury that goal against the hawks at subi still gives me goosebumps... I still remember it like it happened yesterday. My pop who is an inagraul harbour master said this kids going to be better than pav... Its just so sad because he was going to be a star and i hope he can still be! :(

Tanner Smith was re rookied on a year extention , Tom Vandeleur has not got anywhere near AFL standard .
We have to do some serious recruiting over the next 2 drafts due to our aging list .these were the ages of these players at the start of this season
Dawson 29 ,Duffield 30 ,Johnson 30 , Mundy 30 , Pav 33 , Elvis 33 ,Mzungu 29 ,Griffin 29 ,Daniel Pearce 29 and Sandi 32 .
The next list may surprise some of you
Ballantyne 28, Barlow 27, Ibbotson 27, Silvagni 28 and Lee Spurr 28 .
15 players guys and all were or are in our best 30 .
Good Points. It means we need to really 'spruce up' our rookie list with some actual players.

Seems like Freo want to keep us updated too! Great to see him running and back at the club :)

It is good to see him back, but those bulging quads don't look knee friendly. He's such a beast, I hope he manages to get back on the paddock safely.

If there is any chance of Mora getting back I think he should be held onto.

It sends the right message of standing behind the player in times of adversity and if successful gives the club real steel.

1. October 9, 3.45pm: MORABITO WAITING ON FUTURE
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/live-on-friday-all-the-latest-trade-and-combine-news
Unlucky Docker Anthony Morabito continues to wait to see if Fremantle will offer him another contract.

But the triple knee reconstruction recipient has been training strongly in recent weeks, after a club direction to holiday overseas for 4-6 weeks and avoid exercise has seen his battered joint improve.
resize

His manager Colin Young says Morabito will have a meeting with the Dockers next week but was training well with his knee in near "perfect condition" after the enforced break.

Sounds like the best news we've heard on Morabito all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping for a one year contract, not a rookie contract. If hes training now and gets a full pre season in, that's huge for him and us! I watched his mini highlights against Melbourne, looked pretty good.

Morra's knee is in perfect condition... and Bennell is all but a certainty....

Back in a sec - need to change my undies.

Okay I'm back.

BTW - here's the reason for all the pant-adjusting shenanigans... watch these two vids side by side:

How sexy is that...

oh bugger it - not again!!

(sigh)

...back in a sec...

Last edited:
One last try.

With the senior and rookie list spots we will have and the likely lack of draft picks (McCarthy or Bennell or whoever else), I can't see much of a reason not to keep him around for one last crack at it.

Chances are his knees just can't handle AFL level work after the surgical abuse they'e suffered.

But if he stays healthy, and I dearly hope he does, well...

1. October 9, 3.45pm: MORABITO WAITING ON FUTURE
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/live-on-friday-all-the-latest-trade-and-combine-news
Unlucky Docker Anthony Morabito continues to wait to see if Fremantle will offer him another contract.

But the triple knee reconstruction recipient has been training strongly in recent weeks, after a club direction to holiday overseas for 4-6 weeks and avoid exercise has seen his battered joint improve.
resize

His manager Colin Young says Morabito will have a meeting with the Dockers next week but was training well with his knee in near "perfect condition" after the enforced break.

Sounds like the best news we've heard on Morabito all year.

No offence, and I'm only playing devils advocate, but that's coming from his manager the week before Mora goes looking for a contract. That's like car salesman telling us that Datsun 120Y is now completely rust proof.

I think the real news on how well Mora is going will come when Freo commit to signing him - my gut feeling is they will and I'll be stoke. But until it's official, I'll just bide my time.

Heard that on SEN too, I wonder if they will look to mora as a Forward option now given his knee history.
Hes a big unit, strong mark and his field kicking is not up to scratch for the midfield at AFL level

Heard that on SEN too, I wonder if they will look to mora as a Forward option now given his knee history.
Hes a big unit, strong mark and his field kicking is not up to scratch for the midfield at AFL level

I can see us playing him half back flank.
Run in straight lines with a massive kick. Anthony is probably the ideal size for a line breaker who can stand taller forwards.

I have said this for years, if he wants to continue AFL he needs to become a forward.

Morra's knee is in perfect condition... and Bennell is all but a certainty....

Back in a sec - need to change my undies.

Okay I'm back.

BTW - here's the reason for all the pant-adjusting shenanigans... watch these two vids side by side:

How sexy is that...

oh bugger it - not again!!

(sigh)

...back in a sec...

Man, you forget just how good he could have been with a body that could hold up in the AFL. Not saying he may eventually sort his body out but he will never live up to the incredible potential he showed that year. Makes meh a bit sad

I have said this for years, if he wants to continue AFL he needs to become a forward.

If he can get himself right, would be a very good bonus to have on the HFF,
if Menzel can do it then Mora can, Mora was way more athletic than Menzel was in his rookie year

If he can get himself right, would be a very good bonus to have on the HFF,
if Menzel can do it then Mora can, Mora was way more athletic than Menzel was in his rookie year

Yeah, but who knows?

The biggest issue is that we don't know where Mora stands, as they haven't really provided us with much information. At least if he had another operation, we could have some hope but the problem at the moment is unknown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back