Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So he's been on a running program. I presume his fitness base would still be lacking, based on the last time he came back from injury and had trouble playing games out. What is realistic for Mora? Without a sub rule the risk with playing him is greater. Will he only be playing WAFL this year?

So he's been on a running program. I presume his fitness base would still be lacking, based on the last time he came back from injury and had trouble playing games out. What is realistic for Mora? Without a sub rule the risk with playing him is greater. Will he only be playing WAFL this year?

I can't see it being any different to the 2014 season, I think it was. He will play lots of wafl games and a few AFL games if hits some continuous form. This year's team will be harder to break into though with Bennell and lots of other young midfielders pushing for selection.

In such tragedy, there is a real sense of wisdom when he talks. Will be a great story when he runs out again - I can personally see him coming off the wing / half back running through the lines and providing the big body mid when needed at stoppages.

I wonder if he's still got that explosive take off that he had. Can anyone at training Fife some feedback (seriously doubt any work to date will be power though..)

I can't see it being any different to the 2014 season, I think it was. He will play lots of wafl games and a few AFL games if hits some continuous form. This year's team will be harder to break into though with Bennell and lots of other young midfielders pushing for selection.
Yeah, I wonder where he'll be played at Peel. Off half back or in the forward line, you'd think, to ease him into it. Would love him to smash it and force his way into the side in the middle of the year.

I think things are very different to the 2014 season. He wasn't right for the preseason that year, and while he racked up possessions in a few WAFL games, there was still doubt that he was playing pain-free or without concern for the health of his knee - understandably. So he was limited in his movements. I hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but in the vision on the website and the discussion by training watchers (before the sack reference!), it seems to me that Morabito is finally able to move as he used to.

Yes, he has missed a truckload of football. But the kid was a jet, and now he has a mature body and has to make up for lost time. If he continues to star in preseason ball handling drills, has no setbacks and scores a couple of appearances in the scratch matches, I am very hopeful of Morabito forcing someone out or replacing an injured player. It's all about the preseason.

Given how much Lyon prefers hardened fitness over x-factor in shorter supply, if Anthony has a solid preseason he will be just as likely for a game as anyone else.
Apart from the fact that he's now on the rookie list. Will he fit into a category where he can be elevated in round 1?

Apart from the fact that he's now on the rookie list. Will he fit into a category where he can be elevated in round 1?

We are using one extra rookie and are1 short on the main list. We can elevate a rookie any time we like.

Last edited:
We have one extra rookie and our 1 short on the main list. We can elevate a rookie any time we like.
3073014.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all sounds a lot more upbeat about Morra this time around, I hope for his sake he can stay on the park and build his game back to his best and put some pressure on for a place on the main list. Please footy gods, let him play injury free in 2016!!

I hope there are articles written in three years time about all clubs passing up the chance to pinch Morabito from Fremantle in 2015.

I'd like to think that there is some unwritten rules between clubs about these things. If the Dockers made it clear they would Rookie him other clubs would rightly stay away given the investment that's been made.

Last edited:
Not sure how the rookie thing works, is Mora allowed to play at senior level this year?
We have 39 senior listed players out of the 40 max, so we can elevate a rookie (of which we have an extra).

He will only be able to play if he is promoted, paperwork lodged to fill that space.

OR

He is elevated to take the place of a senior listed player placed onto the Long Term Injury list.

We have 39 senior listed players out of the 40 max, so we can elevate a rookie (of which we have an extra).

He will only be able to play if he is promoted, paperwork lodged to fill that space.

OR

He is elevated to take the place of a senior listed player placed onto the Long Term Injury list.

Or, alternatively, he can be upgraded mid-season without being subject to the list size requirement (and in addition to someone promoted as the 40th main list member), right?

Or, alternatively, he can be upgraded mid-season without being subject to the list size requirement (and in addition to someone promoted as the 40th main list member), right?
Right, but I have higher expectations than a mid season inclusion. :)

I miss morabitos brillance just watching him in a game I recorded earlier this month from 2010 he was brilliant, so hope he can regain his brillance and hope its not lost forever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back