Moral Turpitude - the Barnaby files

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not good for our democracy that pollies of any flavour get caught up in this stuff.
I never said it was. I’m happy it has highlighted the ineptitude of the federal government. The PM’s response was even more embarrassing. It’s pure gold.

The two are linked.

Jmac you must know that?

If the political damage is your thing to rejoice (Pun intended) that’s your call but the family damage to the kids especially is part of it.

On that besides, the pollie, it’s on the media as well. And you’re in the camp of being gleeful at someone’s demise because of political barracking.
That’s your business, but collateral damage is on the family particularly the kids. And that’s a price it seems you’re happy not to worry about enough.

That’s why people despise politics because so much is about petty barracking for their side regardless who it hurts.

(Funny thing too: amazing how the posts made always seem to have ONLY one side as good or one sude as BAD.

Good people on both sides and bad people on both sides.)
I didn’t link them in my post. Someone else did that to try and score a cheap shot.

I didn’t link them in my post. Someone else did that to try and score a cheap shot.
Ok we’ll leave it there.

Politics is a brutal business.
For some it’s a barracking game for their side of choice.

Carry on

I fail to see what Turnbull has done wrong to single out Barnaby in his pronouncement in tightening behavioural rules.

Barnaby biting back just shows he doesn’t get it
Turnbull has banned sex.

Good luck with that...

Turnbull has banned sex.

Good luck with that...

He has not.

He has banned relationships between senior staff and junior staff or at least demanded full disclosure. Nothing that doesn’t happen in business at least in theory. It’s a basic audit process, abuse of power.

As for the good luck with that, in the days of social media it’s more a matter of good luck keeping these things secret. It won’t stop sex, you’re right, but they will be aware of the consequences.

(Although Barnaby didn’t wear a rubber so maybe awareness not his strong suit)

I really don’t care what Joyce has done in his private life.
But it appears he has used his position to gain an advantage paid for by the taxpayer.
And for that he should resign.
As for Turnbull, he let Joyce be acting Prime Minister whilst still a New Zealand citizen. Then he publicly backed Joyce by trying to defend the misappropriation of taxpayers funds.
Now he has flip flopped.
It’s made him look weak.
All good stuf for a leftie like me.

He has not.

He has banned relationships between senior staff and junior staff or at least demanded full disclosure. Nothing that doesn’t happen in business at least in theory. It’s a basic audit process, abuse of power.

As for the good luck with that, in the days of social media it’s more a matter of good luck keeping these things secret. It won’t stop sex, you’re right, but they will be aware of the consequences.

(Although Barnaby didn’t wear a rubber so maybe awareness not his strong suit)
He’s a joke and won’t last the year. Bishop will take over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you are deliberately missing the real issues here
Hint: It has nothing to do with whom he is bonking

If it had been his wife who he had been bonking, what would the real issues be?

Last edited:
It's about:
1. Misuse of public money
2. Nepotism
3. Donor relationships
4. Misfeasance in Public Office

http://www.ethics.org.au/on-ethics/...pholes-lies-the-real-scandal-of-barnaby-joyce

Not sure that the author of that article has any understanding about the terms of the coalition.

Barnaby’s position is a matter for the Nationals ... and there ain’t a dang thing the Prime Minister or any other Liberal Party member can do about it.

In fact the Prime Minister’s strong words on the matter have only been counter-productive. Turnbull’s condemnation of Barnaby has only served to galvanise the support of the Nationals around their leader to protect their independance.

Not sure that the author of that article has any understanding about the terms of the coalition.

Barnaby’s position is a matter for the Nationals ... and there ain’t a dang thing the Prime Minister or any other Liberal Party member can do about it.

In fact the Prime Minister’s strong words on the matter have only been counter-productive. Turnbull’s condemnation of Barnaby has only served to galvanise the support of the Nationals around their leader to protect their independance.
Its the PM who allocates Portfolio's
He can sack him today if he wanted to

Reality dictates he won't, because it would bring down the Government, but to say there is nothing he can do about it is patently incorrect

Interesting that the Daily Telegraph broke the story just as Turnbull had a few weeks of clear air. That is given that the DT was Abbott/Credlin's fav paper. #Tinfoilhat

If you think the Liberals dont have any influence over the Nationals in this situation then think again.

Natonals main problem is that unlike the Libs they have zero credible candidates to replace Barnaby.

So they have a dilemma.

If you think the Liberals dont have any influence over the Nationals in this situation then think again.

Natonals main problem is that unlike the Libs they have zero credible candidates to replace Barnaby.

So they have a dilemma.
the libs have 0 credible candidates to replace Malc and plz don't say Bishop because:

(1) The conservative wing of the LNP hate her even more than they hate Turnbull. They will never allow her to be leader.
(2) Her ministerial record is overrated. Foreign minister is the flattest track in public life. Even Bob Katter could do it to a decent level (actually probably not).
(3) She was a disaster as shadow treasurer.
(4) Politically she is Malcolm Turnbull lite so it makes 0 sense that the LNP would push her as his replacement. And don't say she's more popular than him because that was never the case until he became PM.

+1, Turnbull is really bad at politics which is a pity. The effect of his dressing down of Barnaby has been to announce to the electorate that he, the Prime Minister, is not powerful enough to personally remove the leader of his junior coalition partner. I don't get why he would say it unless he thought BJ would resign which is now looking like an expensive misjudgment. Politically it's a massive blunder because if Joyce goes to the next election the LNP can't run on a stable and effective leadership team which should be a coalition strength when up against the ALP. If Joyce resigns in the next week I'll be wrong but it's looking more and more unlikely imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back