Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if morally corrupt or justified action - you decide?

About 15 years ago, my younger sister and her idiot steady boyfriend of the time had a nasty break up. About a week later he turns up to a wedding of mutual friend with another girl, then gets plastered at the reception, not surprisingly makes a complete arse of himself and eventually gets tossed out by two of the grooms brothers. During the scuffle to remove him which I happily assist with, his wallet drops out of his suit jacket, so I quickly pocket it.

One of the brothers and I then follow him out the door to make sure he actually departs as he was a bit of nutter, then watch him stagger across the car park, stumble into his car and as he drives off past us he flips the bird and shouts 'f**ck you' for good measure!

So I then go back into reception, use their landline and call the cops to report my car stolen! Tell them my location, but provide his name, a description of his car and the rego plate number. Towards the end of the night as we were leaving I simply slip his wallet under a large cloth napkin on one the tables.

A few days later my sister calls, laughing saying she's was told her ex was pulled over by the police after leaving the wedding, was breath tested and blew .022! His car was impounded and he was also locked-up overnight as he assaulted one the cops over something about not being able to produce his license and/or provide evidence of the cars ownership..?
He was eventually fined $2,500, lost his license for 3 years and earned a conviction for assaulting a police officer...
Outstanding, but couldn't you also get in trouble for making a false statement to police?

Outstanding, but couldn't you also get in trouble for making a false statement to police?

Could, yes and it's not something I'd recommend today given the increased CCTV around and the lack of landlines - although cops egos and lack of resources to pursue such a hoax call would still be in your favour...

About 15 years ago, my younger sister and her idiot steady boyfriend of the time had a nasty break up. About a week later he turns up to a wedding of mutual friend with another girl, then gets plastered at the reception, not surprisingly makes a complete arse of himself and eventually gets tossed out by two of the grooms brothers. During the scuffle to remove him which I happily assist with, his wallet drops out of his suit jacket, so I quickly pocket it.

One of the brothers and I then follow him out the door to make sure he actually departs as he was a bit of nutter, then watch him stagger across the car park, stumble into his car and as he drives off past us he flips the bird and shouts 'f**ck you' for good measure!

So I then go back into reception, use their landline and call the cops to report my car stolen! Tell them my location, but provide his name, a description of his car and the rego plate number. Towards the end of the night as we were leaving I simply slip his wallet under a large cloth napkin on one the tables.

A few days later my sister calls, laughing saying she was told her ex was pulled over by the police after leaving the wedding, was breath tested and blew .022! His car was impounded and he was also locked-up overnight as he assaulted one the cops over something about not being able to produce his license and/or provide evidence of the cars ownership..?
He was eventually fined $2,500, lost his license for 3 years and earned a conviction for assaulting a police officer...

* him, that's a classic stitch up.

A few days later my sister calls, laughing saying she was told her ex was pulled over by the police after leaving the wedding, was breath tested and blew .022! His car was impounded and he was also locked-up overnight as he assaulted one the cops over something about not being able to produce his license and/or provide evidence of the cars ownership..?
You know what, Driving drunk is a ******* bullshit thing to do. Cops wouldnt of bothered if you said drunk. You possibly saved some carnage or even a life.

I couldn't imagine getting pissed at a wedding. It's the bride and groom's day and you make it all about you by getting stupid drunk? I'm not sure I'd be able to look them in the eye again.

I couldn't imagine getting pissed at a wedding. It's the bride and groom's day and you make it all about you by getting stupid drunk? I'm not sure I'd be able to look them in the eye again.
I've known a couple of grooms who couldn't face being sober on their wedding day. One is even still married.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of someone I know who got drunk at a friend's wake and started accusing the deceased's kids of all kinds of ludicrous things.

That sounds hysterical.

In hindsight it probably was but at the time everybody was looking at each other mortified.

In hindsight it probably was but at the time everybody was looking at each other mortified.
The Zim part of my family fell out badly over land and money and one of the sisters involved used her funeral to broadcast a pre recorded tape about what complete bitches her two living sisters where. Sadly I was not present for this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back