Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
At my brother's funeral my sister completely lost it. My mum had to grab her and try to shake some sense into her. Which I found hilarious so I was laughing and crying at the same time.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
At my brother's funeral my sister completely lost it. My mum had to grab her and try to shake some sense into her. Which I found hilarious so I was laughing and crying at the same time.

For my mum's funeral on the way to the cemetery we were debating in the hearse as to the age of the singer at the service, and whether she was too young for my brother to have a crack at. We then discussed whether we could invite her to the wake just in case, but weren't sure whether it was appropriate to have a crack at her at the wake (if she was of age). * knows what the hearse driver thought of us.

I guess I'm generally pretty clean. About the worst thing I do is drive a V8 supercharged Range Rover while supporting a number of environmental causes. Lol.

However, as a businessman you do come across some very dubious individuals. For instance, there was this one chap in Indonesia a few years back. A couple of colleagues and I decided to go equal thirds in buying a factory in the Indonesian clothing manufacture business; the problem being that Indonesia has strict rules about ownership, so we decided to get an Indonesian national in as the front man for our venture. Everything went well for a few years, but then we assessed that clothing manufacture in Indonesia was about to go belly-up. So, we decided to sell out and reinvest in the central African diamond trade, that was going quite well for us at the time. We instructed our front man to sell and forward us our share... but he kept the lot! We then nabbed his 7 year old daughter and started sending him an ear or a finger every couple of days, but he still wouldn't pay up - what a scumbag! I mean, to value a few millions dollars over your own daughter's life, that's ice cold. Anyway, we ended up grabbing him instead and putting him the frame for a wild night of dope with a rent boy, with said rent boy ending up strangled by 'his' hand - we had photos, the whole shebang - but we could only get 65 cents on the dollar out of him by that point. An expensive lesson to learn. Took the enjoyment out of torching his house with him and the rest of his family in it, after we got our money.

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Old job in a warehouse, the pickers were rubbish at times and would under pick orders. Then when receiver complained to customer, I would take extra stock we weren't meant to have, throw it out and claim we sent order correctly and receiver was lying/mistaken.
Everyone knew I did it in the WH including branch manager but the amount we were miss picking was crazy. And because I ran those accounts (despite having no control over the pickers/dispatchers) it would turn into my fault.

Also when doing inwards a similar thing. Would unload containers and there would be damaged stock (always a grey area as to how it happened as they were bags of powder and broke easily)

I would throw out damaged bags and claim container was short. Tried to tell them they were damaged when I started but unless we have proof that we hadn't damaged them then it would be blamed on us (and they weren't cheap)

Old job in a warehouse, the pickers were rubbish at times and would under pick orders. Then when receiver complained to customer, I would take extra stock we weren't meant to have, throw it out and claim we sent order correctly and receiver was lying/mistaken.
Everyone knew I did it in the WH including branch manager but the amount we were miss picking was crazy. And because I ran those accounts (despite having no control over the pickers/dispatchers) it would turn into my fault.

Also when doing inwards a similar thing. Would unload containers and there would be damaged stock (always a grey area as to how it happened as they were bags of powder and broke easily)

I would throw out damaged bags and claim container was short. Tried to tell them they were damaged when I started but unless we have proof that we hadn't damaged them then it would be blamed on us (and they weren't cheap)
We film everything we load or unload from containers
We also have cameras in our picking area and on our pickers machines, plus on the wrapper and also under the truck loading canopy
If stocks missing at customer end we show them the footage from pick to truck load
Truck companies prob now....

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Found $50 on the ground at Safeway, picked it up and pocketed it.
When I worked at Safeway, I found 50 on the ground and handed it in.

About two hours later i got called to the front end where a man who dropped it had returned and asked if it had been handed in. He was crying telling me that he was a pensioner and that that $50 meant the world to him. He tried offering me money but i said i didn't want it for doing the right thing

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
When I worked at Safeway, I found 50 on the ground and handed it in.

About two hours later i got called to the front end where a man who dropped it had returned and asked if it had been handed in. He was crying telling me that he was a pensioner and that that $50 meant the world to him. He tried offering me money but i said i didn't want it for doing the right thing
Wrong thread.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
25 years ago I filled up at my neighborhood BP Servo, had a lot of work s**t on my mind, got back in the car & left without paying, all totally innocent until I got close to home & realised what I'd done. Didn't go back to pay, didn't go back to the servo for a year. ftw...

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Back in the days when CD burners were all the rage, I'd go one step further than copying as many CDs as I could: I used to go in to the music shops that put the empty covers on the racks (so you'd only get the CD if you purchased it) and steal the covers.

When I was playing VAFA footy for my old boys team, I'd drive into work in the morning and instead for fighting for a park near work and paying for it, I'd park at the school and just drape my old school sports jacket over the passenger seat so they'd presumably think I was still a student. Started out doing it on the days when I had footy training, but became pretty much the daily routine soon enough. Took a fair while until I got a sign on the windscreen asking me to start displaying an appropriate permit or stop parking there.

I've had the usual opportunistic moments, but those stand out as probably the most willful and flagrant.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Forgot about this one - when I lived in a old house outside of Ballarat that had a sort of outdoor toilet (technically it was part of the house but was tacked on along with the laundry, go figure) & it was cold in the middle of the night (as it nearly always was) I would piss in the bathtub which was in the dunnyless bathroom next to my bedroom. I used to do it during the footy to if I was having a few, just to save that extra 15-20 seconds it would take to go outside. I only got caught a few times.

Back