Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
I once sat on the front seat on the bus which is sort of raised like a high chair. It was fairly busy and an elderly lady got on. A person near me glared at me then asked if I was going to give up my seat. The actual priority seats a metre away had 1 or 2 free, and I don't think a high chair is really the best fit for an elderly person to get into but sure, get on your high horse...

Yeah I like those seats and you are right that they are not priority seats yet for some reason people think they are

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
At the pub long time ago
Bunch of loud angry morons at a table somehow hit the chuck out zone
4 bouncers turfed them out
I walked over to the table
3 full jugs and about $200 on the table
Good night for me

That's only immoral if the beer was VB

I'd rather someone sit down and do that (irrespective of whether anyone needs it more) with headphones in and face down than obliviously stand right in front of the doors.
The people in the doorways can be dealt with more easily than the ones purposefully taking up the priority seats with no intention of giving them up when required

At the pub long time ago
Bunch of loud angry morons at a table somehow hit the chuck out zone
4 bouncers turfed them out
I walked over to the table
3 full jugs and about $200 on the table
Good night for me
That's not morally corrupt, that stopping beer from being wasted. Environmentally friendly in a way.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've thrown pizza boxes with crusts in them in the recycling bin
Doesn't even matter. A completely empty pizza box shouldn't be in the recycling regardless. I only learnt this about 18 months ago so don't feel bad.

Not sure what that makes you now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is that because the grease and other s**t contaminates it beyond return?
I assume so, classed as food scraps most likely. So crazy that with all the awareness around recycling and plastic bags/straws that there still isn't education on what can and can't be recycled. I remember we'd get a magnet from the local government every year with what you can and can't recycle. Haven't seen one for years now.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Doesn't matter anymore with no mom and pop sellers on there. This used to be immoral but now who cares what some Chinese campaigner thinks

It's handy for other buyers to see some sort of informative feedback. Not "A++++ seller" but something like "Shipping only 8 days to Perth. As described." or something is what I leave. Helps others filter through all the fake crap.

So yes, quotemokc is a monster.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
It's handy for other buyers to see some sort of informative feedback. Not "A++++ seller" but something like "Shipping only 8 days to Perth. As described." or something is what I leave. Helps others filter through all the fake crap.

So yes, quotemokc is a monster.

Online ratings are useful for some things but they are overrated for food unless a place has some unrealistically high rating from a gazillion reviews. Most places will have 'Worst service I have ever experienced, chicken was raw and gave me food poisoning, rats the size of Splinter roaming the kitchen, 1 star Margaret' reviews followed by glowing positivity 5 star ratings soon after. I have only used Ebay 2 or 3 times ever but was happy to give a positive review each time as the people sent what they were going to send when they said they were going to send it.

Electronics, whitegoods etc. are similar. A TV will have a bunch of 4 and 5 star reviews from people with generally no comment or 'great picture' then a 1 star review with a diatribe from whoever bought one where something went wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back