More at stake for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The pressure is definitely all on Sydney. This is a bonus appearance for the Bulldogs, they will have another two or three goes at it before they can't afford to keep everybody. The Swans know GWS and the Dogs will prevent them winning again for a while, maybe even the Saints or Dees might have a say? The Swans will hang around thereabouts, but they won't see GF action for sometime after this year. Wouldn't surprise me if the Dogs play GWS in the next two Grand Finals.

This is hilarious.

No one tipped the Dogs to make the GF this year, now they're certainties to make 2 or 3 in the next few years?

Whilst the Swans, who are in their 3rd GF in 5 years and have reloaded already are sure things to drop off?

You're right

Callum Mills: 19
Isaac Heeney:20
Tom Papley: 20
George Hewett: 20
Zac Jones: 21
Aliir Aliir: 22
Luke Parker: 23
Tom Mitchell: 23
Xavier Richards: 23
Jake Lloyd: 23
Dan Hannebury: 25
Gary Rohan: 25
Dane Rampe: 26
Jeremy Laidler: 27
Josh Kennedy: 28
Lance Franklin: 29
Tippet: 29
Kieren Jack: 29
McVeigh; Grundy: 30 (or over)
Well * me!

Sydney are like kikuyu grass. Once it's established on the lawn/in the eight, it's impossible to eradicate/impossible for them to slide down the ladder, because of the root structure/academies giving them a constant stream of top talent. :cool:
Yep, two top prospects in the life of the academy. I think you've got us confused with that other Sydney mob?

Sydney are like kikuyu grass. Once it's established on the lawn/in the eight, it's impossible to eradicate/impossible for them to slide down the ladder, because of the root structure/academies giving them a constant stream of top talent. :cool:
A "constant stream of top talent" you say! Please tell us who we're plucking from our Academy this coming draft as the next Mills/Henney.

Yep, two top prospects in the life of the academy. I think you've got us confused with that other Sydney mob?
Your clubs ability to have youngsters like Mills, Heeney and Alir up and performing in finals deserves much credit. It is obvious you can be competitive in the future. I think GC belong in this discussion though.

Bullies have had the wool over us the last two games so hopefully we have learnt our lesson.

Should be a great game.
By less than a goal each game, both results could have easily gone either way.
Expecting a similar game on the weekend.

I mean, I get that conventional wisdom says there's more pressure on us. For some reason people bought into a narrative that we were expected to be here this year, and with expectation comes pressure.

1990Swan on the Swans board posted a screen grab of the predictions given by the Herald Sun 'experts'. Sure, not a single one of them predicted a Swans or Bulldogs premiership. 9/18 predicted us to miss the finals, whereas only 6/18 predicted the Bulldogs to miss. Not a single person predicted us to finish in the top 4.

Really, we've overachieved to reach the GF.

On the other hand, you've got a Bulldogs side that hasn't reached a Grand Final in 55 years. Are they sure they're going to get another chance any time soon?

A "constant stream of top talent" you say! Please tell us who we're plucking from our Academy this coming draft as the next Mills/Henney.

Shhhhhh! Maybe not this draft, but we don't want them finding out about Nick Blakey.

I think sometimes we don't appreciate just how hard it is to win a flag.

lol

The pressure is on Sydney to win not because of their ages but for some it will be to redeem themselves after 2014 - the burning that Geelong and hawk players talk about after losing one. Sydney have regenerated their list extremely well and as much as I dislike him - getting the best out of players is something that Longmire is very good at so I don't see them sliding anytime soon

The doggies remind me a little of the Hawks of 08 - under dogs, not expected to win and enter the game to just enjoy the moment and just give it your best shot. It's that thinking which may catch Sydney out similar to the cats in 08

Its a GF there is the same at stake for both teams. You can't just expect the Dogs will be back here again because they have a young team, you have to take advantage of these opportunities when they come around. No guarantees on getting another shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

The pressure is on Sydney to win not because of their ages but for some it will be to redeem themselves after 2014 - the burning that Geelong and hawk players talk about after losing one. Sydney have regenerated their list extremely well and as much as I dislike him - getting the best out of players is something that Longmire is very good at so I don't see them sliding anytime soon

The doggies remind me a little of the Hawks of 08 - under dogs, not expected to win and enter the game to just enjoy the moment and just give it your best shot. It's that thinking which may catch Sydney out similar to the cats in 08

Both sides will feel the pressure this week. If the Dogs lose there is no way they'll just shrug it off and be happy they had a good run - it'll burn the same as it always does.

The bookies favour Sydney, the fans favour the Bulldogs. Should be a cracker!

Both sides will feel the pressure this week. If the Dogs lose there is no way they'll just shrug it off and be happy they had a good run - it'll burn the same as it always does.

The bookies favour Sydney, the fans favour the Bulldogs. Should be a cracker!

No doubt but different types of pressure. I didn't mean to imply that the dogs would just shrug a loss of, more that the expectation on them isn't as great (imo)

Sydney knows what's expected and their first quarters have been very good and I expect this is where they may get them in this game if it takes too long for the dogs to settle

I think we need to win another to justify the talent we have in the team. Also to soften the blow of 2014 where we were the best team all year except when it counts. I'd bet my bottom dollar we won't play that bad come sat but I think we are going to have to be at our best to win. Doggies are a bloody good side.

There is obviously more at stake for the side who hasn't won in over 50 years if you ask me.
I think you are right to a point. The Bulldogs have waited for so long for this opportunity that a loss will feel devastating to many fans. For the players, I think that both groups have the same at stake. For the clubs, the Bulldogs can't lose whatever happens. Lots of memberships and financial support will flow from this finals series whatever happens on Saturday. Sydney, if they lose, will still have to justify the Buddy contract in the eyes of some stakeholders.

This is hilarious.

No one tipped the Dogs to make the GF this year, now they're certainties to make 2 or 3 in the next few years?

Whilst the Swans, who are in their 3rd GF in 5 years and have reloaded already are sure things to drop off?
Yep, i'm a funny fellow, i've been telling "scray" supporters that their turn is nigh and they will win 2 or 3 flags coming sooner than later. This is a bonus Grand Final appearance for the Bulldogs and it won't be so hilarious for the Swans if they don't win because don't expect to be in another GF for sometime. The Dogs and "short people" might just have a mortgage on it for a little while. Sydney have a helluva lot to lose this weekend. The Dogs can throw caution to the wind, they were not expected to make it this far, will they be criticized if they get flogged? Not bloody likely! The Swans on the other hand.....

Stakes are the same for both sides. Neither team will be looking at their 'premiership window' or 'well boys if we don't get this one, we've got a good chance next year'
Complete bullshit. No such thing as nothing to lose, both teams have the capacity to lose everything, their whole year down the drain; what every single club has been striving for week in week out

It's all or nothing this Saturday, 50/50 shot for either side. Winners will go down in history; for the losers, history will go down, without them

So Allir's out ...

Sad-Crying-Meme-Face-05.jpg

This is hilarious.

Hilarious ????

He tipped Geelong to beat Swans by 72 points !!! What would you call that ????

Not to be taken seriously under any circumstances.

Yep, i'm a funny fellow, i've been telling "scray" supporters that their turn is nigh and they will win 2 or 3 flags coming sooner than later. This is a bonus Grand Final appearance for the Bulldogs and it won't be so hilarious for the Swans if they don't win because don't expect to be in another GF for sometime. The Dogs and "short people" might just have a mortgage on it for a little while. Sydney have a helluva lot to lose this weekend. The Dogs can throw caution to the wind, they were not expected to make it this far, will they be criticized if they get flogged? Not bloody likely! The Swans on the other hand.....
You still haven't troubled to offer the slightest explanation as to why the Swans "don't expect to be in another GF for some time" so this post of yours is built on crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back