Universal Love More Beer, More Beer, More Beer ..... The Creed Lager

Pirate Life and the club have gone into a JV to raise more funds for the club, to help build the new Club Museum and are donating $5/slab for the sale of their new drop The Creed Lager.

I reckon it should become a permanent thing, with the local brewer producing a beer where part of the funds go to Port and they effectively become a JMS.

When the athletics started during the Olympics, I decided I would knock off my slab of Prison Bar Ale. So 2 cans a night over the 8 nights of athletics and the slab was finished. Don't know if the beer has aged over the 10 months I had it, but it was a great drop and the cans look bloody great. I'm keeping the cans, cutting off the top and turning them into containers rather than using plastic ones.

The $5/slab the club received from the Prison Bar Ale was supposed to be used to build a new scoreboard. Nothing's been built, but we have the led screen on the back of a truck scoreboard.

Got me thinking, the club and Pirate Life should form a JV, drop the price of a slab of Prison Bar Ale from $55 down to $45, the club still get $5/slab, the club does most of the marketing, becomes a distributor and aims to sell 1 million slabs over 5 years and the $5/slab goes to pay off debt. $5mil of $13mil debt reduction is worthy of Pirate Life being a JMS.

200,000 slabs a year isn't that unrealistic. A campaign promoting - drinking your way out of debt - might give the creative types in marketing, a half interesting challenge.

Anyway will have to taste the new beer to see if its as good as the Prison Bar Ale.

1629772406513.png

The above video is at

Last edited:

SpaceCoyote

Premium Platinum
Oct 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stubbie Holder.....

Attachments

• CreedCanCoolerFrontShopify_560x560.png
    CreedCanCoolerFrontShopify_560x560.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 66
More Beer, More Beer, More Beer ...... more is coming

Club partner, Pirate Life Brewing is ensuring the Creed’s legacy and inextricable link to Port Adelaide’s history are ongoing with the release of its latest beer – The Creed lager.

Pirate Life co-founder Michael “MC” Cameron explained that Tuesday’s release was the first in a four-part series, featuring different coloured cans and cases that celebrate the key pillars of the club and share different messages linked to the Creed.

And, he said, $5.00 from every case sold would be donated to the Port Adelaide Football Club to contribute to the development of a new club museum at the Port Club.

“This really follows on from the 150th Anniversary Lager and the Prison Bar Ale,” MC explained. “I think the success of the Prison Bar Ale and the fact we were able to raise in excess of $30,000 towards the new scoreboard got us thinking about what else we could do to help the club with the redevelopment of the Port Club and the new museum. The Creed just kept coming up in our conversations.

The lager will be similar in design and flavour to the popular 150-year anniversary Lager released in 2020.

MC explained that the Pirate Life crew had thought long and hard about trying something different but decided to be conscious about creating a beer that was suitable for everyone.

“For us the range will also be a collector’s item,” he said. “It’s something where you can drink a few and keep a few on the shelf for later. Being a lager, it will last a long time.

“We’ll release the next one of the range out at Christmas, one at the start of the season and probably the first Showdown if the dates work out so that by this time next year people will be able to have a collection of four cases or four cans, each one a different colour and each one with a different message from a person who represents a key pillar in the Port Adelaide community.”

Permission was sought from Fos Williams’ family to incorporate the Creed in to the new beer.

His son Stephen, himself an eight-time premiership player and three-time premiership coach, life member and Hall of Famer at the club, was one of the first to get a glimpse of the new range at Pirate Life’s Port Adelaide brewery on Monday along with former Port Adelaide AFL captain Dom Cassisi.

While Stephen Williams does not drink himself, he was supportive of part proceeds being used to help the club display its historical collection in a new museum.

Port Adelaide past players Stephen Williams and Dom Cassisi celebrate the launch of the Creed Lager with Pirate Life co-founder Michael “MC” Cameron

1629792722862.png

New beer can #2 of series of 4 from Pirate Life's The Creed Lager. $5/slab goes to help build the Museum.

Long time volunteer Margaret Gill gets acknowledged.

1637632249884.png

1637631946267.png

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
New beer can #2 of series of 4 from Pirate Life's The Creed Lager. $5/slab goes to help build the Museum.

View attachment 1285701

View attachment 1285699

Well done Margie.
Fully deserved.
She does so many things at the Club, for zero recompense.

Think she was on the tv screen in the game versus the Bullfrogs, looking dejected beyond belief, in the first quarter (can't say that I blame her either). Would be mortifying to have devoted your heart and soul for so long to the organisation, and then have that tripe dished up to you by the coach and players as a reward!!!

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

View attachment 1285701

View attachment 1285699

The 2am’er has been forgotten. Shame…

Back