Opinion More Bomber games at the G make it happen

Remove this Banner Ad

That doesn't make a lot of sense for the AFL. Why would they want us to move to the MCG now that they own Etihad - they'd want as many people going through the Etihad turnstiles as possible.

I figured both the club and the AFL might make more coin if we had bigger crowds at the G but forgot that if they allowed us to move the MCC would get a cut which ultimately means less for both us and the league...right?

With that being said, would it be fair to assume that a move to the MCG would result in greater crowd and membership numbers? And if so, would that negate any loss we'd wear from having a less lucrative contract than the one we have now?

Is it possible for us to have a stadium deal which financially is a corker (like our current one) while playing home games at the G?

Most of the east prefer the MCG. More train lines go to Richmond/Jolimont first in actual fact (Glen Waverley, Belgrave, Lilydale, Alamein, Frankston, Cranbourne, Pakenham, Sandringham/Hurtbridge, South Morand compared to Upfield, Cragieburn, Sunbury, Werribee, Williamtown). Who cares about those country people?

Thanks mate /s

Ok.

Focus on my convenience then.
I will. And then suggest the opposite to what's convenient for you. ;)

Seriously, I feel like the club makes noise about this more or less every year now. Until we actually see a change and we get an extra MCG game, I'm not getting excited.

No. More games at Etihad.

VAvZ9.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back