Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Police arrest three men over $50m drug bust

Six men arrested over $50m cocaine importation plot​

The police operation on the M7 to arrest three men over the alleged drug bust. (9News)
Officers tracked the package to a property in Cawdor, in Sydney's south-west.
A police chase was initiated when a van and a truck drove off along the M7.
The driver of the truck allegedly tried to ram police cars before both vehicles were stopped by officers.

To the tune of Another one bites the dust
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Criminals attempted to hide 125kg of cocaine in specially manufactured diesel generator​

A group that is alleged to be part of a transnational drug smuggling organisation was shipping the industrial machinery from Heathrow to Sydney, Australia, via airfreight consignment.

'And another one gone and another one gone'

Macca180

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yawn... all it does is make it more lucrative, criminals richer and create more violence.

More and more people are using cocaine in Australia than ever. More and more people are bringing it in. More and more criminals are getting filthy rich and there is more and more violence.
Again... can someone please explain to me how well prohibition works, furthermore how successful the never ending 'war on drugs' has been. lol.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Yawn... all it does is make it more lucrative, criminals richer and create more violence.

More and more people are using cocaine in Australia than ever. More and more people are bringing it in. More and more criminals are getting filthy rich and there is more and more violence.
Again... can someone please explain to me how well prohibition works, furthermore how successful the never ending 'war on drugs' has been. lol.

Guess its the personal experience of my daughter working as an ambo & ED nurse that influences my opinion.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
& some more grabbed:

A cross-state cocaine bust has seen eight men and a woman with alleged links to a “ruthless” Colombian drug cartel arrested, and a clandestine coke laboratory in rural Queensland shutdown.

Key points:​

• Nine people will face court over alleged links to an international cocaine syndicate
  • The AFP alleges a man arrested in Darwin was running the cartel’s Australian operations
  • An alleged drug laboratory was also raided in rural Queensland during the operation

Macca180

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Guess its the personal experience of my daughter working as an ambo & ED nurse that influences my opinion.

Genuinely curious here... with this comment are you throwing cocaine under the umbrella of all drugs???
Of the amount of people that end up in your daughters ambulance and in the emergency room in hospital on a Saturday night ... I am extremely skeptical it is from doing lines of cocaine.

Stomach pumped from too much alcohol...yes, heroin overdose, too much GHB, maybe ecstasy, maybe flip outs from acid too much meth.

Cocaine would have to be the least...if it all.

Alcohol would be the main one..but wait that's ok because it's legal because politicians say you are not a criminal if you take that.

Again the only people that love the war on drugs are those that get rich from it.... Criminals. And cocaine provides the biggest profits.

So the harsher you make the laws the higher the price goes and the more and more people will try and get rich from it.

And right now cocaine consumption is at an all time high in Australia.

So the war on drugs has always and will always fail. All it does is makes criminals rich and creates horrible violence....nothing else.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Police arrest three men over $50m drug bust

Six men arrested over $50m cocaine importation plot​

The police operation on the M7 to arrest three men over the alleged drug bust. (9News)
Officers tracked the package to a property in Cawdor, in Sydney's south-west.
A police chase was initiated when a van and a truck drove off along the M7.
The driver of the truck allegedly tried to ram police cars before both vehicles were stopped by officers.
Who will get a slap on the wrist given how easily we treat drug dealers. Mandatory life without the chance of parole should be the sentence in the absence of the deatg penalty. About time we started fighting the war on drugs.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Genuinely curious here... with this comment are you throwing cocaine under the umbrella of all drugs???
Of the amount of people that end up in your daughters ambulance and in the emergency room in hospital on a Saturday night ... I am extremely skeptical it is from doing lines of cocaine.

Stomach pumped from too much alcohol...yes, heroin overdose, too much GHB, maybe ecstasy, maybe flip outs from acid too much meth.

Cocaine would have to be the least...if it all.

Alcohol would be the main one..but wait that's ok because it's legal because politicians say you are not a criminal if you take that.

Again the only people that love the war on drugs are those that get rich from it.... Criminals. And cocaine provides the biggest profits.

So the harsher you make the laws the higher the price goes and the more and more people will try and get rich from it.

And right now cocaine consumption is at an all time high in Australia.

So the war on drugs has always and will always fail. All it does is makes criminals rich and creates horrible violence....nothing else.
There will (probably) always be people who hit women and hurt children. Do we give up fighting them as well? Decriminalising drugs normalises them and more peope will do them. If you made alcohol and cigarettes illegal, less people would use them (many people don't want to break the law, for various reasons).The harmful effects of drugs are so numerous and well documented that there's no point discussing them all over again. Just because one drug is legal is not an argument for legalising more drugs. We should be moving towards a society where drug use of all kinds is minimised IMO - that will minimise harm associated with drug use.

Yes, there are people who make a lot of money from illegal drugs. There would be people who make a lot of money if drugs were legalised, only the disincentives would be removed, there'd be no avenue to punish them, and more people would be doing more drugs (with the associated health and social harm). No thanks - I'd rather the drug dealers and manufacturers are hunted down and locked up.

Flog111

Debutant
Jul 6, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There will (probably) always be people who hit women and hurt children. Do we give up fighting them as well? Decriminalising drugs normalises them and more peope will do them. If you made alcohol and cigarettes illegal, less people would use them (many people don't want to break the law, for various reasons).The harmful effects of drugs are so numerous and well documented that there's no point discussing them all over again. Just because one drug is legal is not an argument for legalising more drugs. We should be moving towards a society where drug use of all kinds is minimised IMO - that will minimise harm associated with drug use.

Yes, there are people who make a lot of money from illegal drugs. There would be people who make a lot of money if drugs were legalised, only the disincentives would be removed, there'd be no avenue to punish them, and more people would be doing more drugs (with the associated health and social harm). No thanks - I'd rather the drug dealers and manufacturers are hunted down and locked up.
Yeah true you can’t legalise meth and heroin all hell will break loose.

Macca180

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm reflecting the injuries my daughter has suffered at the hands of druggies from her patients & the hangers on that often come them.

Right, I understand but these violent and aggressive drug users that you speak of that are attacking your daughter are more likely to be ice/meth heads not people on cocaine.

And I'm not for one minute saying cocaine isn't bad for you. Just saying if you understood the actions (half lives, potency) of both drugs properly, the cost of each, the demographic and social status of people that use each substance, you would realise that people violently attacking your daughter while she is carrying out her duties aren't doing it because of cocaine. I would even suggest alcohol before cocaine.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Right, I understand but these violent and aggressive drug users that you speak of that are attacking your daughter are more likely to be ice/meth heads not people on cocaine.

And I'm not for one minute saying cocaine isn't bad for you. Just saying if you understood the actions (half lives, potency) of both drugs properly, the cost of each, the demographic and social status of people that use each substance, you would realise that people violently attacking your daughter while she is carrying out her duties aren't doing it because of cocaine. I would even suggest alcohol before cocaine.

Yeh, well I'm only reflecting what has causes my daughters injuries. You seem to have a way of ranking the injuries for whatever reason.
I hope you mean well.
Someone needs to give you a whistle & a seat in an ED.

Back