Not open for further replies.

Defender

All Australian
Suspended
May 4, 2002
I kill snails!
Other Teams
Pies
After watching Nathan Buckley pretty much admit that he has done the lowest thing in his carreer with the blood smearing report I was very disappointed to hear Eddie show more bias on the next show where he interviewed Mark Robinson from the Herald Sun. Looked like some severe damage control trying to
twist the words of Nathan and then cutting Robinson off at the first sign of him making Buckley look bad.

Given the blood rule should be taken quite seriously since players are ordered off at the first sign Buckley's smearing of blood is an absolutely disgusting act. As a Collingwood supporter it really turns my stomach at what he has done.

McGuire's power in the media has again twisted and tainted the incident. A real contempt has been shown in trying to defend Buckley ..when Buckley himself has come out and admitted he did the wrong thing. I think it is very tacky that the president would even comment on this before it has gone to the tribunal let alone try to twist things even more so.

And as to Buckley retaliating at being hit by Ling. You let the umpires take care of that ..you are not meant to retaliate with physical violence let alone smearing them with BLOOD which could possible infect them.

DISGUSTING!! I think Buckley should be made an example of..

His career has now been tarnished with no coming back.

Further than being beaten by Geelong
I think lots of us are Very disappointed Collingwood supporters.

The world has gone crazy!

I just read a post from a Collingwood fan, where he criticised BOTH Eddie and Nathan!

Nothing will ever be the same again.

Originally posted by scmods
The world has gone crazy!

I just read a post from a Collingwood fan, where he criticised BOTH Eddie and Nathan!

Nothing will ever be the same again.

Just someone posing as a Collingwood fan.

Come on Defender........Give Buckley a go will you.
This goes for all you BIG AFL supporters.
Why not ask yourself
1) Why did Buckley loose his cool.
2) What was done to Buckley for him to get a cut on the head.
3) What did LING do to him.
4) Check out why and what the main story is before making any judgement.

Its Eddie's job as Collingwood President to stand behind his players in the good and bad.

I'm sure Eddie is very disappointed by what happened but he needs to make sure that Bucks gets a fair trial. It has all been one sided media so far.

What do you expect him to say???????

Didn't see Eddie's comments, but I was very surprised that Garry Lyon got Nathan to say so much about it. Isn't there something about compromising the report? Surely he should have kept his mouth shut. I mean, a lot of court cases are sub judice, and I would have thought the same thing applied here.

scmods......I shall ask you where you saw a post where a PIES supporter critisized Eddie and Buckley.
I cant find it.....so where is it?????????????

I bet it dosent exist

Originally posted by Crow54
Didn't see Eddie's comments, but I was very surprised that Garry Lyon got Nathan to say so much about it. Isn't there something about compromising the report? Surely he should have kept his mouth shut. I mean, a lot of court cases are sub judice, and I would have thought the same thing applied here.

If you mean this morning on the sunday Footy Show it seemed to me that Buckley did keep his mouth shut, besides the obligatory 'not proud of what I did'. He didn't give much away, saying it would all come out at the tribunal.

The bottom line is that Nathan Buckley as the Collingwood captain, needed to be setting the right example on the field. You can't afford to lose your cool just because things aren't going your way all the time. Cameron Ling did a great job in the Magpie superstar yesterday, and should be congratulated on his great game.

Go Cats!! :cool:
SeinDude

Article on the afl.com.au site about Buckley's "Sunday Footy Show" appearance and his comments on it...

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=46891

If Buckley wants it all to be sorted out in the Tribunal rather than courts of public opinion such as this one, fine. He'll be judged as guilty as sin there, too.

Question for Defender on his original post... where exactly (Triple M, Herald-Sun, etc.) did Eddie McGuire make his comments on the Buckley incident? Just curious, just doesn't seem clear in your original comments...

If it's in a Herald-Sun article, please provide a link, or if there's a sound file on Triple M's site, please show me that, for example.

I understand people are going to have a go at Eddie McGuire no matter what-- if he sneezes, it's critiquable here, or so it seems. All I ask is that people provide a basis for critiquing him, that's all I ask out of fairness for both factions of supporters.

Cheers,
William

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Hurricane75

What do you expect him to say???????

the smart thing to say is nothing. Only opens up the conflict of interest can of worms.

Its pretty obvious even Buckley knows he is guilty. No matter who did what to smear blood on them is an unforgivable offence.

So you would say it would be condonable for Buckley to go off the feild up the race and come back on the field with a gun or knife to avenge someone who had thumped him earlier?

Sorry you are dead set wrong. And what if had infected a Ling cut with blood with the intent he no doubt shows. Very Very low.

Eddie is only making it worse.

Originally posted by Defender
After watching Nathan Buckley pretty much admit that he has done the lowest thing in his carreer with the blood smearing report I was very disappointed to hear Eddie show more bias on the next show where he interviewed Mark Robinson from the Herald Sun. Looked like some severe damage control trying to
twist the words of Nathan and then cutting Robinson off at the first sign of him making Buckley look bad.

What exactly did Eddie say or do that you find so offensive?

Nothing you say here amounts to anything at all.

Originally posted by Rocky
Come on Defender........Give Buckley a go will you.
This goes for all you BIG AFL supporters.

Fine then smartarse, ill answer your questions

Buckley lost his cool because Ling tackled him. Buckley swung his arm around and elbowed Ling in the head when both were on the ground after the tackle. So why did he lose his cool?? Was it because he was getting beaten?? Because he cant handle getting tackled?? Elbowing someone in the face behind the play is pretty low if you ask me.

2) What was done to Buckley for him to get a cut on the head.

Most likely, Ling retaliated and hit Buckley back.

3) What did LING do to him.

Ling obviously hit Buckley back at retaliation for being elbowed in the head by Buckley after he lost his cool at being tackled.

4) Check out why and what the main story is before making any judgement.

You should be asking yourself this. Maybe YOU need to check out the main story. Buckley started it...he elbowed Ling in the face. Buckleys fault. Buckley has nowhere to move here. He can say it was a retaliation for Ling hitting him all he likes but it means bugger all as Buckley started it!!!

Originally posted by McAlmanac
I loved Buckley's comment that "it will all come out in the wash". :D

Yeah I think he'll need "White King" or "Napisan" or something though.

Extremely amusing talk back radio before todays game. I think I heard 3 Collingwood supporters claiming that the incident happened "right in front of me" and then give 3 completely different descriptions of what "happened". Best to just wait for the tribunal I think. It's an unusual one for sure.

Originally posted by Rocky
Why not ask yourself

because his form is slipping week by week, he's nearly 30 and he's career is about ****ed. He will finish his career without a flag. He's mighty ****ed off he didn't stay at Brisbane.

Originally posted by campbell
I thought that when you were charged with anything, you were not allowed to speak to the media at all about it.

that is a very good point..then again he didnt actually talk about the incident of what he did..more what surrounded it

i know the afl are going to be taking his words into account..ie no provacation at all

He will get a week for it however people are overreacting to the act. Yes it was unsportsmanlike and crude but it will hardly tarnish the career of Nathan.

Just to set the record straight. You can't get Aids by transferring blood on a jumper like Nathan did. What is more ironic is there has never been a reported case where blood has been exchanged on a sporting field and Aids has resulted.

The incident on a soccer pitch never occurred.

Originally posted by Rohan_
He will get a week for it however people are overreacting to the act. Yes it was unsportsmanlike and crude but it will hardly tarnish the career of Nathan.

Just to set the record straight. You can't get Aids by transferring blood on a jumper like Nathan did. What is more ironic is there has never been a reported case where blood has been exchanged on a sporting field and Aids has resulted.

You'd be the one over-reacting if an Essendon or Carlton player did it against your low life Captain. COllingwood supporters and their double standards on these boards is laughable.

BTW, how did McKee go against King on Saturday?:p :p :p Got shown for the dud he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back