More fodder for the 'experts', its a wonder anyone won the Geelong v Sydney game

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It was a one horse race until it wasn't ...

Sydney the unstoppable juggernaut against Geelong who had lost 7 of 9 finals recently at the MCG.

After Geelongs surprise win we hear that Sydney has also lost 7 of 9 finals since 2011. There was no talk of that in the week leading up to the final, only of Geelongs shortcomings. Suddenly now its about yet another failed final series for Sydney.. hero to zero

I mean I am kind of envious of both of these clubs that they can keep rising to the finals year after year but am most shocked in retrospect that either of them managed to win that game on the MCG. Listen to the experts they should both have lost ...

The experts off the Sydney band wagon in an instant ... and why don't we take a dump on it as we leave ...

Week by week, 6 finals so far, 5 of them thrashings, most of them unpredictable.

The only certainty as has been the case all season is that one of the preliminary finals will be an upset and win against the odds.

As we seem curiously to be favourites against GWS all I can say is GO CATS lol

Yeah but the experts have to appear to always be right, else they wouldn't be experts. Remember that book about the 1980s, 1984, in this book the protagonist had to change Big Brother's predictions in hindsight so that it always appeared that Big Brother got it right.

Sydney the unstoppable juggernaut against Geelong who had lost 7 of 9 finals recently at the MCG.

After Geelongs surprise win we hear that Sydney has also lost 7 of 9 finals since 2011. There was no talk of that in the week leading up to the final, only of Geelongs shortcomings. Suddenly now its about yet another failed final series for Sydney.. hero to zero

I mean I am kind of envious of both of these clubs that they can keep rising to the finals year after year but am most shocked in retrospect that either of them managed to win that game on the MCG. Listen to the experts they should both have lost ...

The experts off the Sydney band wagon in an instant ... and why don't we take a dump on it as we leave ...

Week by week, 6 finals so far, 5 of them thrashings, most of them unpredictable.

The only certainty as has been the case all season is that one of the preliminary finals will be an upset and win against the odds.

Trust me you don't want us to Win

I saw somewhere with this system the qualifying final loser who meets the same qualifying final winner in the GF has won all 4 of these match ups. Meaning we beat you if history is anything to go by and generally it
is in terms of %

After Geelongs surprise win we hear that Sydney has also lost 7 of 9 finals since 2011.

Not sure where you heard that but it doesn't sound right to me.
They won 3 finals in 2012 alone.

3 in 2012
1 in 2013
2 in 2014
2 in 2016
1 in 2017

9/15 finals wins since 2011

Trust me you don't want us to Win

I saw somewhere with this system the qualifying final loser who meets the same qualifying final winner in the GF has won all 4 of these match ups. Meaning we beat you if history is anything to go by and generally it
is in terms of %
So we beat you comprehensively a couple of weeks ago, which means we can't beat you this time... Whatever happened in the past, this is a new game. Besides, we both have to get through to entertain that scenario.

In 12 years out of 17 under the current finals system, both Qualifying Final winners have won their prelims to contest the Grand. i have no idea why you're so sure that it won't happen again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely in contention for worst informed thread I've read in a while...

lost 7 out of 9 finals... lol they won 2 in 2016 and 2 in 2014... that leaves 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011 I haven't even counted yet.......

OP you're a potato.

Was thinking the same thing. Before the game they were going to win the flag easy. After the game it's "horse doesn't change his game plan, Sydney aren't that good". (Even though they won 15 of the past 17).

Amazing but not surprising how the media works. They were wrong and instead of admitting it they need to find an excuse as to why they lost so they brought out all these stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back