Remove this Banner Ad

boora

Senior List
Jan 25, 2006
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
hey all,

i am waiting on having my first knee reco on my right knee. i have had 3 arthroscopes already on this knee for meniscus tears and after the last one in july last year, found that i need a knee reco. i am waiting on a letter for a date in the next month or so. but what i want to know is, i played basketball last night and have been for a couple of months and no problems until last night. i landed awkwardley on the leg and the knee went in and then out and i heard a cracking/pop sound. the knee is swollen and is very tender on the outside more than the inside, what more damage could i have done?

Speaking from experience, I'd say you have either torn more cartlidge or torn or snapped your lateral ligament. Or even a bit of bone damage. Doesnt sound good at all. But with the swelling say you have, and the noise you heard, I expect the worst.

Sorry mate.

p.s. if its any consolation, I have had over 30 knee ops.:eek:

with the damage you've already done, it couldn't be much worse. Perhaps LCL, maybe some more meniscus, nothing that they can't clean up when they do the reco.

start some anti inflamm's, compression bandage, hit the pool and exercise bike and give up basketball until your knee has been repaired and you've done a good 10-12month rehab.

RR

Mate, if you have really bad meniscus just get them taken out. I got it taken out of my left knee in late January because it was always locking. They're a stupid contraption.

Mate, if you have really bad meniscus just get them taken out. I got it taken out of my left knee in late January because it was always locking. They're a stupid contraption.

meniscus are crucial in shock absorption of the knee. Theyre definitely not stupid, and if you didnt have one you would have arthritis by the time you are 20. I assume you got a partial or total meniscectomy, which could be beneficial for this guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back