Opinion More MFC games in Darwin?

Remove this Banner Ad

On the MFC site there is an interview with Neeld, stating that the club would like to spend more time in Darwin and maybe 'play one or two more games up here [in Darwin]'. I'm not sure if he means playing 2 or more games in Darwin each year, but if so I would be a little cautious about such a deal.
Considering the Richmond/Cairns fiasco, would you support more games to Darwin? We've been able to come away with the win both times so far, but the week after the boys look buggered halfway through and the tropical conditions are hard to prepare for and recover from.
There was also mention of a pre-season training camp in Darwin, which could work I think as it would be a tougher environment than Melbourne, although pre-season does coincide with cyclone season doesn't it?
Anyway, would you care too much if the club sold more home games to Darwin?

My 2c is the training camp sounds like a decent idea, but I am wary of us playing more than one game per year up there due to the difficult preparation required and the recovery.

I'd be against it in general. Although it could work in our favour both on and off the field if the AFL wanted us to do it and we could use that to get them to agree to our terms.

We could push the AFL to commit to scheduling them so that we play there the week before the bye for one game and then with a 7-8 day break after the other game. It would also work in our favour if we played s**t teams up there and if the other team didn't have any previous history of playing matches up north (assuming it wasn't PTA again).

I think the Tigs have overreacted a bit. They lost that game because they only played 1.5 quarters of footy. Period.

Don't mind the pre-season training camp idea if they believe they have the adequate facilities & resources up there to manage the players throughout.

They just have to stay out of the water for their re-hab. Knowing our luck we'll cop the following injuries:

McKenzie - season (blue ringed octopus)

Clark - season (crocodile)

Jones - season (box jelly fish)

I'd be against it in general. Although it could work in our favour both on and off the field if the AFL wanted us to do it and we could use that to get them to agree to our terms.

We could push the AFL to commit to scheduling them so that we play there the week before the bye for one game and then with a 7-8 day break after the other game. It would also work in our favour if we played s**t teams up there and if the other team didn't have any previous history of playing matches up north (assuming it wasn't PTA again).

I think the Tigs have overreacted a bit. They lost that game because they only played 1.5 quarters of footy. Period.

We are the s**t team :(

I'm personally against it, I'd like to see us play all home games at the 'G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back