More racist abuse for JC

Remove this Banner Ad

So that's how they find them. I always wondered how they track down fake accounts.
Unless you’re using a VPN pretty much anything you post online can be traced back to the computer or mobile you posted it from. Something tells me the kind of person who’s dumb enough to do something like this wouldn’t be clever enough to cover their steps.

Attention isn't the only reason people post abuse, in fact I doubt it would be the most common reason. Some get a kick out of simply sending it, a way of entertaining themselves in the same way people PM unwanted sexual content to others. And some people mean what they say, and do it out of some twisted sense of duty or justice.

Ignoring abuse will thwart the attention seekers yes, but it would be a mistake to assume most abusers are only seeking attention.

I'm glad the strategy has changed to calling them out, finding them, and handing out consequences.

Unless you’re using a VPN pretty much anything you post online can be traced back to the computer or mobile you posted it from. Something tells me the kind of person who’s dumb enough to do something like this wouldn’t be clever enough to cover their steps.

High level KKK operatives who used to hide behind masks now hide behind fake IP addresses ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Attention isn't the only reason people post abuse, in fact I doubt it would be the most common reason. Some get a kick out of simply sending it, a way of entertaining themselves in the same way people PM unwanted sexual content to others. And some people mean what they say, and do it out of some twisted sense of duty or justice.

Ignoring abuse will thwart the attention seekers yes, but it would be a mistake to assume most abusers are only seeking attention.

I'm glad the strategy has changed to calling them out, finding them, and handing out consequences.
A young player copping that abuse, and not seeing it called out may conclude that this is because the club really doesn't care about it. Support behind closed doors, but no public action may look like, and possibly is, doing the least possible.

If the club and the league is to demonstrate that this is something that they genuinely do not accept, then they must act publicly. It doesn't really matter if no action they take can be really effective.

The club/AFLs actions aren't done in some mistaken belief that they can stop racism. It's done as concrete proof to Aboriginal players that they will not tolerate it.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit on the fence as to how this is managed. Does it really achieve anything by calling out an anonymous racist troll who has covered his tracks / identity or is it better to ignore it publicly and the club and players get around the affected person and give him their support. Sometimes it's better to starve these d***heads of oxygen.

id suggest the media know very well re starving of oxygen, and do so on a regular basis, when it suits them

example - actual scientists (!!) who question climate change etc get starved of oxygen, whilst we get stuck with Grim Greta. That is when shes not too busy sailing around the world on a boat formally owned by a Rothschild...

This (the racist troll thing) goes with their Narrative
* Invasion Day
* White Privilege etc etc

And unless your morally outraged (with some virtue signalling to boot) you too could be a Racism Denier
And we all know where that leads..!!

id suggest the media know very well re starving of oxygen, and do so on a regular basis, when it suits them

example - actual scientists (!!) who question climate change etc get starved of oxygen, whilst we get stuck with Grim Greta. That is when shes not too busy sailing around the world on a boat formally owned by a Rothschild...

* Invasion Day

And unless your morally outraged (with some virtue signalling to boot) you too could be a Racism Denier
Oh Dear, someones a but hurt little snowflake.

* Invasion Day

:drunk:

If it wasn't for all the CO2 maybe there'd be more oxygen for them to have.

The authorities need to go after the platforms that allow this crap to be posted fake account or not fine them big time until they find away to stop it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The authorities need to go after the platforms that allow this crap to be posted fake account or not fine them big time until they find away to stop it happening.
How exactly do you propose instagram stops 1 random comment from 1 random person out of the millions and millions of comments that are made every day?

How exactly do you propose instagram stops 1 random comment from 1 random person out of the millions and millions of comments that are made every day?

The tech side of things is getting pretty close to being able to do just that. It won't be far off. Of course in the spirit of showing me ads for things I just bought they'll probably end up banning feminism instead...

The tech side of things is getting pretty close to being able to do just that. It won't be far off. Of course in the spirit of showing me ads for things I just bought they'll probably end up banning feminism instead...
I don't believe that, unless they filter for certain words and delete any post that contains them which leads to a whole new set of problems.
A certain cheese brand for example might not like having any post which mentions them automatically deleted.

I don't believe that, unless they filter for certain words and delete any post that contains them which leads to a whole new set of problems.
A certain cheese brand for example might not like having any post which mentions them automatically deleted.

Correct

“In summer 2016, /pol/ users launched “Operation Google” in response to the search engine’s introduction of anti-trollingtechnology to push sites with offensive language further down its page listings. Users began replacing hate words with the names of large tech companies, for example using “Google” and “Skype” to replace racist words for black and Jewish people.”

Neural networks are getting quite good at solving problems that computer algorithms have been traditionally really bad at. So it's about a squillion times more complicated than word filtering.

Pretty soon it'll be like having a human read and evaluate every post as it's written. I'm sure things will still regularly get cocked up, but people tend to agree the stuff we're talking about in this thread is racist, so it should be easy enough to start there.

If that certain brand of cheese changed it's name, I don't think the world would end either ;)

Neural networks are getting quite good at solving problems that computer algorithms have been traditionally really bad at. So it's about a squillion times more complicated than word filtering.

Pretty soon it'll be like having a human read and evaluate every post as it's written. I'm sure things will still regularly get cocked up, but people tend to agree the stuff we're talking about in this thread is racist, so it should be easy enough to start there.

If that certain brand of cheese changed it's name, I don't think the world would end either ;)

Big brother likes this :thumbsupemoji:

A young player copping that abuse, and not seeing it called out may conclude that this is because the club really doesn't care about it. Support behind closed doors, but no public action may look like, and possibly is, doing the least possible.
PR is such BS. It's no wonder there are folks out there that get a kick out of making organisations do things and waste time and money because it's 'expected'.

There's always levels; from your garden-variety racist doing it for the kick of just being racist, across to the malicious actors causing events to draw people's attention away from other goings on.

PR is such BS. It's no wonder there are folks out there that get a kick out of making organisations do things and waste time and money because it's 'expected'.

There's always levels; from your garden-variety racist doing it for the kick of just being racist, across to the malicious actors causing events to draw people's attention away from other goings on.

I’m glad that the club does the PR and has the gall to call out Racists .. It costs very little and if certain members don’t like the clubs stance , well don’t be a club member and cancel the membership ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back