What the heck? More racist abuse on social media

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep spouting your BS until your red in the face, racism isn't an inbuilt thing, people aren't born racists... your FOS.

People are born to be more suspicious and less trusting of people different to them. Whether that be skin colour, race, religion ect. Even people who have never consciously said or done a racist thing in their life have in built subconscious bias, which has been scientifically tested.

I suggest you do some reading on just how much your subconscious thoughts and biases control your decisions in your life. I wonder if you were really put under the microscope would you treat every person from every race and religion exactly the same...? Hmm... A muslim man with a thick beard and a ticking backpack sits next to you on the train. Would your heart rate be EXACTLY the same if that man was now a 70 year old white grandma with the backpack? I wonder...

Maybe you are the only completely pure person on this earth? Maybe you have evolved far beyond anyone else...

The point is stop pretending that we are going to "end" racism. We need to understand how to deal with it a lot better because these public headlines are not the answer...

People are born to be more suspicious and less trusting of people different to them. Whether that be skin colour, race, religion ect. Even people who have never consciously said or done a racist thing in their life have in built subconscious bias, which has been scientifically tested.

I suggest you do some reading on just how much your subconscious thoughts and biases control your decisions in your life. I wonder if you were really put under the microscope would you treat every person from every race and religion exactly the same...? Hmm... A muslim man with a thick beard and a ticking backpack sits next to you on the train. Would your heart rate be EXACTLY the same if that man was now a 70 year old white grandma with the backpack? I wonder...

Maybe you are the only completely pure person on this earth? Maybe you have evolved far beyond anyone else...

The point is stop pretending that we are going to "end" racism. We need to understand how to deal with it a lot better because these public headlines are not the answer...
BS.

Subconscious / unconscious bias does definitely exist, but its social (learned) not biological (born with) in nature.

Subconscious / unconscious bias does definitely exist, but its social (learned) not biological (born with) in nature.

It's really a combination of both. Nature and nurture, not one or other. It's quite ridiculous and stupid to say that we are not born with a single bias anywhere in our brains... The real question scientists are grappling with is how much of it is nature vs how much of it is nurture.

It's really a combination of both. Nature and nurture, not one or other. It's quite ridiculous and stupid to say that we are not born with a single bias anywhere in our brains... The real question scientists are grappling with is how much of it is nature vs how much of it is nurture.

It's much more social than biological

Well i'll let the scientific community know you've solved one of its age old questions...

Ok. Interesting given it's only been recognised in the past 20 years or so (hardly 'age old'), and I don't recall seeing much evidence in support of your point over that time.

Ok. Interesting given it's only been recognised in the past 20 years or so (hardly 'age old'), and I don't recall seeing much evidence in support of your point over that time.
You and Kappa might argue over some scientific specifics, but would you admit it is a reasonable statement that we all have fast thinking assumptions / subconscious biases designed to help with our survival?

this doesn’t excuse or validate racist comments or slurs (as they are the result of ’considered‘ thought, not unconsidered and unconscious reaction).

In that example the racism would be a result of 'nurture' rather than a person being born with it. If the person sitting next to the middle eastern man with the beard didn't have any knowledge of the conflicts in the Middle East or terrorism (related to the 'nurture' side of things rather than 'nature') then I don't think he would be nervous about sitting next him him.

Last edited:
You and Kappa might argue over some scientific specifics, but would you admit it is a reasonable statement that we all have fast thinking assumptions / subconscious biases designed to help with our survival?

this doesn’t excuse or validate racist comments or slurs (as they are the result of ’considered‘ thought, not unconsidered and unconscious reaction).

Yup, I think it’s fairly established with current science that we have reflexive thinking as a result of evolutionary fight and flight response. As you say that’s not the same or the major factor in inherent racism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at a number of studies about subconscious bias in children. One comes to mind about comparing dolls in the 50’s. It’s a positive feedback loop, advertising tells us that white people are superior and to be aspired to from a young age, which then feeds into subconscious bias, which ideally will sell more product and then create more advertising.

There is no such thing as racism btw, we are all the same race ---> Human. The issue is tribalism, every creed is guilty of this not only the White Devils. To allow yourself to be insulted everytime you hear or see a comment about your tribe only fuels this problem, don't give it legs and don't be offended is the best way to stop it. You can't stop trolls or bigots opinions but you can prevent their ego's being fed.

Personally, what is the need for racism?
I have never understood it. What do you gain from being racist toward an AFL footballer for example?

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, they will often have a better life than you so why even bother in the first place.

Very surprised by the views in this thread.

Ranging from letting it go, to making accounts private to calling it out will inspire copycats.

Since eternity these have been the methods to handle this crap. Now, the AFL community stands together and calls it out (disincentivizing the behaviours to great effect) and now we are back to the age old just let it be so it can become just an expected, tolerated occurrence (again) happening a hundred times more because it stops being acknowledged and condemned.

Continue to call it out with full force and support. Finally starting to get some results.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as racism btw, we are all the same race ---> Human. The issue is tribalism, every creed is guilty of this not only the White Devils. To allow yourself to be insulted everytime you hear or see a comment about your tribe only fuels this problem, don't give it legs and don't be offended is the best way to stop it. You can't stop trolls or bigots opinions but you can prevent their ego's being fed.

This is probably the most ignorant thing I’ve read.

Summing up your pathetic post - it basically stats its not the racists that drives the problem, it’s actually the person subject (hearing/seeing) the racism.

Well done.

This is probably the most ignorant thing I’ve read.

Summing up your pathetic post - it basically stats its not the racists that drives the problem, it’s actually the person subject (hearing/seeing) the racism.

Well done.
Being ignorant I have no doubt it stood out to you, sticks and stones you millenial, woke, sjw, entitled little spoilt brat.

Doing nothing is what was done for years and that got absolutely nowhere.
Doing nothing is just accepting that it is normal expected behaviour and does far more harm than good to those impacted and especially to the youth of those targeted

Doing nothing is what was done for years and that got absolutely nowhere.
Doing nothing is just accepting that it is normal expected behaviour and does far more harm than good to those impacted and especially to the youth of those targeted
So lets police people's thoughts eh? you can't stop someone with how they think and what they post on fakebook.

Racism is a human instinct inbeded in us, it's incredibly naive to think its going to stop because people called out an anonymous account for saying something offensive on the internet. Best way to deal with it is ignore the person and report him which hopefully results in his account being banned

People mainly say this s**t to get a reaction and get attention, and that is exactly what we are giving them.
Nah dude racism is taught to us by rich white men through the media!

Being fearful and untrusting of people different from you is a survival instinct that helped our ancestors evolve and survive. It's not just about race, but physical differences is a big one.

Unfortunately the tribes who ran up to a new strange tribe with open arms all got a dagger in their stomach sooner or later.

If only the dodo was racist.

Sticks and stones?

I'd be more worried about Australia's genocide of the aboriginal people and it's continued denial that we have an underlying racism problem bolstered by Government policies like *Turn back the boats* and the strategic demonization of Muslims over two decades to justify support for the U.S and Israel.

But maybe I am just Kwazy :confounded:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back