What the heck? More racist abuse on social media

Remove this Banner Ad

Entitled and spoilt for calling out a s**t post?

Mighty touchy when called out for posting bullshit.
It's so easy to just take the popular position..point the finger and shout "RACIST" isn't it? not actually offer any solution except that your a "Virtue Signaller".

Pretty sure my tribe won in every placed it landed a boat so i'm happy but this is very true unfortunately

So lets police people's thoughts eh? you can't stop someone with how they think and what they post on fakebook.

Well actually, Australia has no explicit freedom of speech laws so legally, yes you can. Even theoretically, the notion of free speech does not grant anyone the right to air inflammatory or hateful opinions, it does however, protect that person from political persecution provided they do not incite hatred when airing them.

The International Covenent on Civil and Political Rights states that freedom of speech may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "for respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "for the protection of national security or of public order, or of public health or morals".

I.E. Don't be a racist dickhead

https://www.afl.com.au/news/365183

Jarrod Cameron from West Coast the latest target from some brain-dead weak idiot. As much as players are told about the so-called dangers of using social media, it’s a shame the only danger is from complete *******s like the bloke that send him a reply to his story.

No surprise that account is no longer active, much like pretty well all other cases. I’d like to know if they are reported & banned or if it’s just self initiated as they can’t handle the abuse they then get, but feel it’s ok to dish it out?

I feel sorry for the blokes copping it but by at least making it public knowledge hopefully that can weed out any of the s**t people that think it’s all ok.

making it public knowledge encourages more attention seekers.

making it public and preaching to everyone that racism is bad doesn't stop racism. a racist isn't going to see it and think to himself "hmmm good point, i'll stop being a racist idiot", they're going to see the outrage and want to create some for themselves.

best to just not give it oxygen.

I was playing an online game and someone said some pretty nasty s**t s**t about my mother, my level of *ation and my socio economic status. Story will break in the media anytime now.

So lets police people's thoughts eh? you can't stop someone with how they think and what they post on fakebook.
We cant stamp out rape, theft, assault murder etc and probably never will. Naughty words are pretty bloody far down the list of problems that will never get fixed.

Ignore, report and move on. Don't give the morons the time of day. Racism or sexism in the workplace, hiring, judicial etc are were people should be focusing and I think we've almost gone to far in that direction were people are given priority or leinency based based on race or sex rather then ability or fairness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well here's something for ya, notice how its perfectly ok for the leftist media to be racist toward Nazi's ? :) surely that's also racism is it not ? hypocrites.
What a stupid comment, it is not racism but a political ideology. One that is based around hate.
What’s funny is you come from that shallow end of the gene pool the nazis of WW2 were looking to eliminate.

Sticks and stones?

I'd be more worried about Australia's genocide of the aboriginal people and it's continued denial that we have an underlying racism problem bolstered by Government policies like *Turn back the boats* and the strategic demonization of Muslims over two decades to justify support for the U.S and Israel.

But maybe I am just Kwazy :confounded:
I fully realise most of our illegal immigrants fly in rather then come in boats. The hard line while costing a lot originally will save money in the long run as there's no one to intern anymore as it does seem to have worked.

More importantly a strong border policy regarding boats could be extremely important in the future. If climate change has the effects claimed we could face a influx in the hundreds of thousands if not more.

Studies show people are unconsciously drawn to people that look and act like them. Safety in the herd. For most of human history, hanging out with ‘your own people’ has been to your advantage in an evolutionary sense.
Not an excuse for racism, but partly explains why it’s a global phenomenon.

Being drawn to people who act and look like yourself is a long way from racism on social media let alone a survival instinct. Racism as we'd recognise it is a pretty recent thing: About 200 years ago. Humanity has been around far longer than that.

People are born to be more suspicious and less trusting of people different to them. Whether that be skin colour, race, religion ect. Even people who have never consciously said or done a racist thing in their life have in built subconscious bias, which has been scientifically tested.

I suggest you do some reading on just how much your subconscious thoughts and biases control your decisions in your life. I wonder if you were really put under the microscope would you treat every person from every race and religion exactly the same...? Hmm... A muslim man with a thick beard and a ticking backpack sits next to you on the train. Would your heart rate be EXACTLY the same if that man was now a 70 year old white grandma with the backpack? I wonder...

Maybe you are the only completely pure person on this earth? Maybe you have evolved far beyond anyone else...

The point is stop pretending that we are going to "end" racism. We need to understand how to deal with it a lot better because these public headlines are not the answer...
Was the grandmas backpack ticking as well?

Kinda getting annoyed with this. You know the fact that it becomes a giant news story is a win right? Why not just delete the person's social media account and make sure their IP address is blocked.

These athletes have the ability to block comments from people that aren't friends, it's head in the sand to think you can have a platform of exclusively people telling you how awesome you are all the time
Lol, pot kettle black? You're one of the most abusive posters on here. Every time you disagree with someone you go on an abusive rant. TopKunt more like it.

Lol, pot kettle black? You're one of the most abusive posters on here. Every time you disagree with someone you go on an abusive rant. TopKunt more like it.
Probably because people post dumb s**t like this, this is a discussion forum, it's literally designed for people to argue with each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back