More shite from Barrett...

Remove this Banner Ad

God, journalism these days. There's an introduction, a middle and....

There's no point to that article. It's just "hawks are doing crap".

We deserve articles like this - we are in a disaster state at the moment - but s**t man, learn to write a conclusion before you call yourself a journalist.

I'm surprised it took someone this long to start a thread on it

I don't know that this needs it's own thread though, it's an article in the media that is critical of where a 1-5 club is at

I like how he implied some inside knowledge of how disappointed Clarko was about nobody remonstrating wit he the Geelong player etc etc.
we deserve the blow torch but this truely was a piece of s**t article.

I think the artical is fair enough
Agreed. The trading period has destroyed the spirit of the club, the decision makers looked at things to clinically like a business , they ignored the emotional impact. This combined with a gameplan that works only when you have stars on every line has lead us to where we are now. Clarksons may have even " lost" the players. This is certainy the view of Leigh Matthews when he says the players have lost hope. 12 seasons as coach And the message isn't getting through. It's going to be very tough going from here. If Clarksons does stay on at seasons end lets hope he gives up the BS study trips to US university, stops delegating the nitty gritty of day to day coaching and starts getting more hands on and gets his hands dirty again, the managerial style of coaching is a cop out, it's a football club not a Fortune 500 international company.

"Clarkson has shown no obvious signs of wanting out" :drunk:

In fact, you could almost say that he's shown absolutely no signs of wanting out.

Agreed. The trading period has destroyed the spirit of the club, the decision makers looked at things to clinically like a business , they ignored the emotional impact.
I think the same thing happened when we traded out Croad.

Worked out well for us in the long run getting Hodge & Mitchell with the draft picks but we went from a young team on the rise (2001) to a bottom 2 rabble (2004) in 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Clarkson has shown no obvious signs of wanting out" :drunk:

In fact, you could almost say that he's shown absolutely no signs of wanting out.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT SOMEONE WHO WANTS OUT WOULD DO!

minor nitpicking: "We were just counting up how many All Australian players we have got in our side and at the present moment there are eight of 'em. If we or me are guilty of having confidence in our group, that's a good confidence to have."

The actual quote is "If me - or we as a club - are guilty of having confidence in our group, that's a good guilt that I sit with, because the only way forward..." and the two sentences are from different questions. The All-Australians bit was in reference to our lack of skills, the confidence/guilt was when asked about reassessing where we're at.

As I said, minor. Still, quote errors in a Barrett hit piece. BOOOOOO! FLOG!

Agreed. The trading period has destroyed the spirit of the club, the decision makers looked at things to clinically like a business , they ignored the emotional impact. This combined with a gameplan that works only when you have stars on every line has lead us to where we are now. Clarksons may have even " lost" the players. This is certainy the view of Leigh Matthews when he says the players have lost hope. 12 seasons as coach And the message isn't getting through. It's going to be very tough going from here. If Clarksons does stay on at seasons end lets hope he gives up the BS study trips to US university, stops delegating the nitty gritty of day to day coaching and starts getting more hands on and gets his hands dirty again, the managerial style of coaching is a cop out, it's a football club not a Fortune 500 international company.

Interesting you pick on an out of season study trip as symbolic of the malaise.

We all believe clarko is good and hungry enough to go again with a new group, don't we?

The devil is in the detail. If his message isn't getting through any more, then its not the coach of 4 premierships that needs to go. It's the battle weary contented players that need to be turned over for young, hungry, ambitious colts, to whom he can sell the dream of premiership glory.

Interesting you pick on an out of season study trip as symbolic of the malaise.
obviously worried he wasn't there to make sure Jack Russell didn't sever anyone's hamstring during the preseason

We all believe clarko is good and hungry enough to go again with a new group, don't we?

The devil is in the detail. If his message isn't getting through any more, then its not the coach of 4 premierships that needs to go. It's the battle weary contented players that need to be turned over for young, hungry, ambitious colts, to whom he can sell the dream of premiership glory.
Sadly, I think you're right.

I must admit i was rather sad when not a single hawks player stood up for hodge when he was elbowed by that cats parsons..imagine how hodgey feels now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sometimes overseas sports practices do not translate well to Aussie Rules. That could be the hardest lesson to learn. Sure the Green Bay Packers may do something a certain way that impresses, but just because it works in the NFL...

I must admit i was rather sad when not a single hawks player stood up for hodge when he was elbowed by that cats parsons..imagine how hodgey feels now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Don't believe everything you read
upload_2017-5-3_22-15-26.png

That's Parsons with Smith on his back, Hartung and McEvoy in front of him.

Billy throwing his weight around! LOOK OUT!
at least he tried, I mean sure he threw his weight straight to the opposition as a turn over but still :p

It's worth noting Smith had to turn around and run back to remonstrate and did

Mitchell, Hartung, BB were all in the vicinity and came straight in thats about all you will get these days, is a bit of push and shove and a few choice words

Remove this Banner Ad

Back