Injury More surgery for Bradshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully it will be long enough. It'd be nice to have him back for the lead-up to finals and beyond.

good point, I guess you are right. If he only played 3 games and kicked us into the top 4, or even better, kicked us into a grand final, you'd have him every day of the week.

Reports on RWO claim that Bradshaw is set to announce his retirement later this week after not pulling up well from the most recent surgery.

Reports on RWO claim that Bradshaw is set to announce his retirement later this week after not pulling up well from the most recent surgery.

sad news.

but was always on the cards really. i remained hopeful we could have gotten a bit more service out of him on the field. but not to be.

if true, thanks for the wonderful memory of the torp at HT vs lions (i think?)

Our forward line has been so ineffective lately, I'd put Bradshaw on a chair at the 40 metre mark - it might at least take one defender out of play.

Our forward line has been so ineffective lately, I'd put Bradshaw on a chair at the 40 metre mark - it might at least take one defender out of play.

haha yeah our kicking for goal has been pretty ordinary, kicking in general actually, 'back in the day' lol, at training you were expected to hit everything flat out (under the old code 'you play how you train')so now and then we would have slowed down skill sessions that would require 100% hitting targets or sprints for all, increased the speed, basic but it worked.

Seems ridiculous we took Lamb over Darling looking back on it. I know he had issues, but we're the Bloods, we can iron those issues out, and look how Darling's going!

holster that gun pardner. Lamb hasn't even got on the park yet at 18 years of age to show us what he has got. Imagine him and TDL in the pockets purrring along, the Burmese Kitten and the Lamb...

Lamb is much less physically developed and suited a role we wanted/needed at the time going forward. They would be hoping white and co take on from Bradshaw (i bet they hoped/expected they had more time with him).

keep the faith!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not meant to say that Lamb is bad, just that Darling is that good, look what he's already doing for the Eagles.

And I made my stance clear on Draft Night that I disagreed with all three of our picks - as good as Parker is we have an abundance of his type already, just lucky for him Jack was injured - so I haven't exactly changed my stance.

Not meant to say that Lamb is bad, just that Darling is that good, look what he's already doing for the Eagles.

And I made my stance clear on Draft Night that I disagreed with all three of our picks - as good as Parker is we have an abundance of his type already, just lucky for him Jack was injured - so I haven't exactly changed my stance.

who right now is the next Jude Bolton in your opinion, that is the next "full time" mid position to come up, who is taking it? Imagine we are 3 years down the track. No one else drafted. Who will be playing his role for the next 7-10 years? Big boots to fill.

Just heard Horse talk about it on 513 and he says Bradshaw is still to decide if he really wants to keep playing let alone wants to try and recover from this latest surgery.

Can't see someone coming back from that sort of state of mind given his recent run of injuries.

It really is a shame as he has been one of the best forwards over the last decade in the AFL. Always thought he was underrated as a player when he was at Brisbane. Shame also as he would make our side so much better if he was sat in the goal square for the season. Exactly the kind of player we are missing.

Wouldn't be surprised at all, no point putting himself through more rehab when it will just break down again. Heart goes out to him, and despite what many have said (on the FB comments to the Sydney Swans updates, not on here) he was not a waste of money, given he kicked almost 30 goals in 9 games, and almost got us into the PF last year.

Was worth the punt, absolutely. If he stayed fit we had one of the best power forwards in the comp sitting in the square. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to get his body right and consequently it has forced us to think about the future of our tall forward stocks and give them more game time which is a positive in itself.

For him to play that well in the EF last year after such a long lay off was amazing. To be marking and moving that well anyway, less said about 2 of his shots on goal the better...

Genuine star.

haha yeah our kicking for goal has been pretty ordinary, kicking in general actually, 'back in the day' lol, at training you were expected to hit everything flat out (under the old code 'you play how you train')so now and then we would have slowed down skill sessions that would require 100% hitting targets or sprints for all, increased the speed, basic but it worked.

Me, I just remember the mud, the cold, the rain, more bloody cold and the pies after training (and thinking there must be more to life than Melbourne - though I do miss the pies).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back