More tragedy at AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can't see a thread about this on the main board, and deserves to be, if there is an existing thread on the main board then please delete .

"TRAGEDY has again struck Adelaide with captain Taylor Walker and his partner Ellie mourning the loss of their unborn baby.

The terrible news comes less than three months after vice-captain Rory Sloane and his wife Belinda lost their first child Leo, who was stillborn."

Condolences to Tex and family . I know oppo fans see him as the worst captain in the comp etc but at times like this, your heart goes out to them no matter your opinion of them as a player.

Full story

Walker to take personal leave after family tragedy - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-15/walker-to-take-personal-leave-after-family-tragedy

Awful when a family loses anyone, let alone a miscarriage. Not much you can really say under the circumstances except condolences to his family.

Can't see a thread about this on the main board, and deserves to be, if there is an existing thread on the main board then please delete .

"TRAGEDY has again struck Adelaide with captain Taylor Walker and his partner Ellie mourning the loss of their unborn baby.

The terrible news comes less than three months after vice-captain Rory Sloane and his wife Belinda lost their first child Leo, who was stillborn."

Condolences to Tex and family . I know oppo fans see him as the worst captain in the comp etc but at times like this, your heart goes out to them no matter your opinion of them as a player.

Full story

Walker to take personal leave after family tragedy - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-15/walker-to-take-personal-leave-after-family-tragedy

Terrible thing to happen, condolences to the family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many sad stories in recent years. I guess players play longer and are having kids while still playing so we hear about it.

Just tragic.

25% of pregnancies or there abouts end in a miscarriage.

Very common.

More so the media are actually reporting them, as players etc post the news on instagram etc.

And 95% of those are in the first few months.

Stillborn is not at all common.

And far more emotionally wrecking.

Was this a stillbirth? The article didn't go into details.

22 weeks is the cutoff from memory.

I doubt it would be news if it was a miscarriage ?
About 5 months along. Its Adelaide don't forget, nothing to do but read/report on football. We had two miscarriages, one about the same length, its not the same as losing a child. Its sad, but its best to get on with life and when you get pregnant again, you are busy with that and the memory has basically gone.

About 5 months along. Its Adelaide don't forget, nothing to do but read/report on football. We had two miscarriages, one about the same length, its not the same as losing a child. Its sad, but its best to get on with life and when you get pregnant again, you are busy with that and the memory has basically gone.
I don't think you can generalise about the effect of a miscarriage. Some people can do what you did, but others can experience a huge amount of trauma and never get over it - especially if they aren't able to conceive again. And the truth is, when you miscarry, there is always some doubt about whether you will conceive again or miscarry again. The good thing is they are young and can probably successfully have a baby, so that eases the pain. The worst is when a woman is late 30s/early 40s and it's the last roll of the dice before the eggs dry up. I still think it's very hard on most people.

I don't think you can generalise about the effect of a miscarriage. Some people can do what you did, but others can experience a huge amount of trauma and never get over it - especially if they aren't able to conceive again. And the truth is, when you miscarry, there is always some doubt about whether you will conceive again or miscarry again. The good thing is they are young and can probably successfully have a baby, so that eases the pain. The worst is when a woman is late 30s/early 40s and it's the last roll of the dice before the eggs dry up. I still think it's very hard on most people.
Yes it would be tough in that circumstance. We already had our first before miscarrying twice, easy to be distracted by a toddler. I assume the Walkers have plenty to time to have another crack at it, hopefully it works for them next time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back