List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

McStay played the whole season whereas Fullerton didn't.

Witherden played every game until this year as well. Players can be replaced when better alternatives are found. Fullarton only needs a decent shot to make it hard for McStay to break into the team

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Payne replaced either Lester or Gardiner. He was a revelation in that Geelong game.

McStay is going to be the 2021 version of witherden. Although, witho is a much better player. Fullarton is a huge upgrade on him and I'm sure Fagan sees that as well.

Doubt it....McStay is going to benefit as he is more likely now to get the 3rd rated defender..he has a goal accuracy of 61.1, Hippy 42.9, Daniher 27.3, Fullarton 25.0.. I'll wait and see where Stef ends up.

Witherden played every game until this year as well. Players can be replaced when better alternatives are found. Fullarton only needs a decent shot to make it hard for McStay to break into the team

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Payne replaced either Lester or Gardiner. He was a revelation in that Geelong game.
Payne will not be replacing Gardiner, Lester maybe, definitely not Gardiner.

A success for the Forwards Cabal. Sick of those pesky midfielders stealing their goal scoring they brought in a powerhouse to starve those short people of all goal opportunities.

I have no expectations for the first half of next year, I hope they start gelling then on though.

Recently I thought there was a much better cohesion in our forwards, and Daniher is experienced enough to slot in so I think I may be surprised in their efficiency in getting it together :) I hope.

We have not seen a healthy Joe with a full pre-season play in the 6-6-6 era. OMac has been getting better at clearances from the middle. Imagine OMac taps the ball forward to McCarthy who runs up from the F50 arc. He wheels and either goes for Joe with 2 defenders on the lead up down the middle, Hipwood on the angled run with one defender or McStay in the goal square wrestling with an undersized third defender or Cameron running around Hipwood on the arc or Rayner running just adjacent to Daniher. So many choices. Alternatively, Daniher against the second tier ruck, plucks the ball from the centre bounce and shoots from inside the square with a skidder into goals.

That all sounds great and I agree. But we also have to imagine a quick defence transitioning out of back 50 too.

He goes alright but plays Harris’ role a bit so doesn’t fit in the best defensive set up.

And after all that you can't help but to call everyone stupid...

There is literally no proof at all that we have changed anything about our offer to Joe. Noble was quoted during the week saying we won't do his contract to suit compo. Everything previously was rumours about our contract offer.

So without any evidence that anything has happened, you get get the **** down from your high horse and Nick off back to your own board. You are no longer needed here.

No longer needed - never wanted

He’s that annoying person you never notify about get togethers but always shows up and is passed around with everybody sacrificing time so others can enjoy an uninterrupted conversation

I have a sneaking suspicion that latter stages of Joe's groin injury was very much heart related. Everyone will be surprised how much of a comeback he makes next year.

The old heart and groin link. When both working at their peak it’s AWESOME

Little mention on sen this morning is joe gonna cost us cam and Hugh . Isn’t noble someone who brought in structured pay scales at Adelaide confident he knows what his doing . If you look at it in isolation though - Neale 800 k - rich 600 k , Cameron 750 k , Zorko would have to be around 600 k - Andrews has to me 800 k and now Daniher maybe around 750 k . That’s big money tied up in 6 or so players . Obviously Martin would have been on decent coin aswell , Zorko coming to end but I’d say things are getting tight . Witherdon May need to get moved on if they don’t see him best 22 just from a cap perspective .

Gee this pisses my off - especially that Cornes Prick who was the one that said this.
We actually have professionals running our club who understand and plan for the now and the future. We have no one on 900K plus - like most clubs do. We're a club that has structured its pay scale fairly amongst the playing group. Not like Carlton next year where apart from Cripps there next 3 highest paid players are Williams, Saad and Martin and they're all locked in for 4-6 years.
As for Hugh and Rayner - their next contract will most likely be for 2022-24 around the 500-550K mark. Both will be 25/26 years old and heading into their prime - It's the contract after this that will involve a significant pay rise.
So to Kane Cornes - you really need to get your s**t together before you open your mouth and talking s**t.

If Joe stays fit, I think this will absolutley work. With so much supply, if he is on the ground - he will kick goals.

Joe, Rayner, Eric, Charlie is an incredibly X factorish forward set up. Along with Linc, Dmac, Big O and Zorks it's a fairly dynanic set up.

Whether or not his body holds up, I don't know. What I do know is.. there will be issues up forward early days. Synergy will be lacking, there will be games he can't get involved and other forwards will struggle at times too.

I implore people not to jump to conclusions too quickly. Keep in mind how difficult forward systems are and how much they rely on players having confidence in their position up there - everyone will have a slightly new role in the solar system, because we effectivly have a new sun.

Get excited, its going to be fun (Daniher is arguably one of the most 'fun' footballers getting around) but keep in mind it will take time.

A good comparison would be how long it took Lynch to fully integrate with the Tigers forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee this pisses my off - especially that Cornes Prick who was the one that said this.
We actually have professionals running our club who understand and plan for the now and the future. We have no one on 900K plus - like most clubs do. We're a club that has structured its pay scale fairly amongst the playing group. Not like Carlton next year where apart from Cripps there next 3 highest paid players are Williams, Saad and Martin and they're all locked in for 4-6 years.
As for Hugh and Rayner - their next contract will most likely be for 2022-24 around the 500-550K mark. Both will be 25/26 years old and heading into their prime - It's the contract after this that will involve a significant pay rise.
So to Kane Cornes - you really need to get your sh*t together before you open your mouth and talking sh*t.
Rayner is already on 500 k now pretty sure he will be looking at 650 k , clugga well if Williams is 900 k what’s high worth . Top 3 in best and fairest last 2 years about to enter prime . He is 700 -800 k easy . Maybe they will take unders.

This (first game for over 15 months) plus hopefully a full pre-season with our high performance guys, slotting into a side that has been top 4 for the last two years.

When's round 1?

I think one of Joe's most underrated qualities is his field kicking. Like Buddy, he is phenomenal at hitting 55m passes on a dime (as you can see in that highlights clip).

McStay is going to be the 2021 version of witherden. Although, witho is a much better player. Fullarton is a huge upgrade on him and I'm sure Fagan sees that as well.
Fagan see's Mc Stay as someone who executes his given role in the best 22 most weeks. You really do often say some outragous s--t on BF. Fullerton is an exciting option for sure but is by no means a "huge upgrade" on McStay. I dont think anyone could argue that Dan needs more consistency in his game. We have all witnessed what is is capable of but what you and everyone in the general public dont know what his role is in each game. (me included) I can tell you that his exit meeting was very positive and overall the club was happy with his effort throughout the season.
As for Tommy, he just needs to keep bringing his best effort everytime he walks on the track be it a training session or game. Hopefully he stays fit and will get another opportunity in season 2021 as he is an exciting prospect.

Fagan see's Mc Stay as someone who executes his given role in the best 22 most weeks. You really do often say some outragous s--t on BF. Fullerton is an exciting option for sure but is by no means a "huge upgrade" on McStay. I dont think anyone could argue that Dan needs more consistency in his game. We have all witnessed what is is capable of but what you and everyone in the general public dont know what his role is in each game. (me included) I can tell you that his exit meeting was very positive and overall the club was happy with his effort throughout the season.
As for Tommy, he just needs to keep bringing his best effort everytime he walks on the track be it a training session or game. Hopefully he stays fit and will get another opportunity in season 2021 as he is an exciting prospect.

From my uneducated POV - that seems to be the biggest things for talented KPF - put in a consistently good effort in games. The best way to do it in game is to deliver on the training track. Big opportunities await Tom in the coming years if he can develop those standards. Fingers crossed!!

I am absolutely positive, even without insider knowledge, that the number of possessions is never used as a criteria for evaluating players performances during matches.

I am absolutely positive, even without insider knowledge, that the number of possessions is never used as a criteria for evaluating players performances during matches.
I couldn't care less if he got zero possessions if he did other things well. That's my issue.

With Daniher in our forward line you'd think we could ditch our two ruck policy even though we have seemed married to it. Besides Hipwood , Cameron and McCarthy and I don't think anyone else is a walk up start . I guess Rayner is but I wouldn't want to be paying him the 650 someone suggested.

I'd have Fullarton ahead of McStay if he shows the required improvement ,or at least give him a shot at it. It's amazing what bringing someone in like Daniher means because you have guys who would struggle to hold a KP but might be able to play fairly well as third banana. If we decide to play tall.

Consistency is the major thing with Dan. If the club is happy with his season that's all that matters.

He’s that annoying person you never notify about get togethers but always shows up and is passed around with everybody sacrificing time so others can enjoy an uninterrupted conversation
A real "brings a six pack of Cascade Light and drinks your craft IPA" type operator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back