List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The problem that I see is, if he remains the best option?
Because if he does, then we don’t go any further than we did this year.
With the Natural development of the younger boys, they will overtake him, but they need to be played to take that next step.
CEY could be the best option for all of 2021 and that wouldn't be a bad thing. He's a midfielder in his prime and the alternatives are much younger and more inexperienced. Not worth stressing over.

Dlions

Premium Platinum
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
CEY could be the best option for all of 2021 and that wouldn't be a bad thing. He's a midfielder in his prime and the alternatives are much younger and more inexperienced. Not worth stressing over.
Definitely not stressing.
That’s not my caper, I honestly just do not see the value in CEY at all and we need to find a better option.

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The problem that I see is, if he remains the best option?
Because if he does, then we don’t go any further than we did this year.
With the Natural development of the younger boys, they will overtake him, but they need to be played to take that next step.
In 2018-19 CEY averaged over 20 disposals a game, 11 contested, ~5 tackles and ~5 clearances. He's better than what he showed this year, limited by not getting much midfield time.

Playing Lyons role he'll be reasonable. Playing as a medium forward with some time in the midfield, he's not so good.

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In 2018-19 CEY averaged over 20 disposals a game, 11 contested, ~5 tackles and ~5 clearances. He's better than what he showed this year, limited by not getting much midfield time.

Playing Lyons role he'll be reasonable. Playing as a medium forward with some time in the midfield, he's not so good.
Yeah when he played as a medium forward he stank. As a defensive forward in the prelim he did well though.

Dlions

Premium Platinum
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

He is a one trick pony, one thing that is pretty clear since Fages has taken over is that we don’t like one trick ponies.
Even Ely has been played out of his natural position this year because he was too inside and if he wants to get games in the Seniors needs to work on other areas of his game. He is young enough to be able to do it and successfully make changes to his game.
If CEY doesn’t offer anything in any other position on the ground then I really can’t see why we would persist.

I agree that if we have an injury to someone in the engine room, then he will more than likely be the option that will come into the team. Where he can play his more natural role. The only one he can play.

Scubaveg

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Like the logic, I already had Clugga and Zorko in the A grade category. That would put the onus on Berry to step up to A grade level. Whilst I like Jarrod a lot, is he A grade potential or solid B+? Time will tell I guess. We’d then need in of the younger guys, Robertson or Smith to fill Berry’s role, are they capable of doing that in what would essentially be their first year. I hope so, but not confident of that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Like the logic, I already had Clugga and Zorko in the A grade category. That would put the onus on Berry to step up to A grade level. Whilst I like Jarrod a lot, is he A grade potential or solid B+? Time will tell I guess. We’d then need in of the younger guys, Robertson or Smith to fill Berry’s role, are they capable of doing that in what would essentially be their first year. I hope so, but not confident of that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We may find that some of the younger guys have Bailey / Starcevich type improvement years. Helped in part by the fact they were playing scratch matches against higher quality opponents rather than NEAFL teams.

Remove this Banner Ad