List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember during the 2017 season where daniher had his breakout year after a few seasons of relatively good improvement i was dreaming of having him on our list. Still can't believe its happened.

Now this can go 3 ways.

1. Rarely gets on the park. Which would suck immensely.
2. Has an average career at the lions get a goal and a half a game and a decent chance at some silverware.
3. Becomes an out an out superstar. Kicking 300 goals from his last 100 odd games. Winning several flags.

I know which one I'm hoping for.

The mid option Joe offers us is we play one ruck.
Which help with rotations.. Stef only been on ground around 50% last few weeks
So takes up bench space.
PF Stef 50% Big O 82%
QF Stef 52% Big O 78%
Blues Stef 56% Big O 78%

Big O ruck more.. McStay/Daniher swap with him or Big O still 20% bench time.
Gives us the option to rotate our small forwards more on the ball.
I say we end up with the 3 talls and Coleman basically forward
Other 2 smalls go into mid and rotate off bench keep fresh.
See more mid minutes for Linc, Cameron and Rayner

That's because Maroon is our best colour. I wish we had have adopted Fitzroy's maroon guersney rather than their red one. It's much better IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The trio of forwards Brisbane has now got, McStay, Hippy now yourself, we asked Zorko what you should be known as and he said 'The Three Daddy Longlegs'."

lmfao

We have hippy, Daniher and even rich who can slot it from 50+ so defenders will have to stay high to keep them from taking long shots. Oscar has decent boot as well.

But then we have Charlie and linc who can get behind that ‘zone’ area and create havoc. Going to be almost impossible for opposition to double team players.

We’ll have to make sure we don’t let the forward ground get clogged so I expect to see Daniher and hippy roaming the midfield terrifying opposition defenders. Going to be highly entertaining (trying to limit my use of the word awesome)

I remember a lions games vs Geelong in the early 2000’s where our bigger bodies destroyed the Geelong side. i remember Voss hitting Cameron Ling and and wondering how Ling didn’t shatter into a thousand pieces

another big off-season for all the young guys and those 50/50 contests start to turn in our favour.

I was at that game in Rd 21, 2002 at then Kardinia park/shell stadium and distinctly remember a big thump and instant abuse from the crowd when Vossy made the bump and you right our boys really use to bash Geelong up in that era before they served a little bit back in that bruising prelim in 2004.

Geelong have always been big. I remember watching them years ago - preseason game at Princess Park. The game got washed out so the Carlton boys went inside but the Geelong players started pounding out laps around the stadium in the rain and mud. They were huge.

We have hippy, Daniher and even rich who can slot it from 50+ so defenders will have to stay high to keep them from taking long shots. Oscar has decent boot as well.

But then we have Charlie and linc who can get behind that ‘zone’ area and create havoc. Going to be almost impossible for opposition to double team players.

We’ll have to make sure we don’t let the forward ground get clogged so I expect to see Daniher and hippy roaming the midfield terrifying opposition defenders. Going to be highly entertaining (trying to limit my use of the word awesome)
I do love the way the Big O lets rip with a torp every so often but I suspect like us he's never really sure where it's heading.

Geelong have always been big. I remember watching them years ago - preseason game at Princess Park. The game got washed out so the Carlton boys went inside but the Geelong players started pounding out laps around the stadium in the rain and mud. They were huge.
It's all in the hoops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back