List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Exciting times ahead!

Seemed pretty happy in the video too 👍

Can’t wait until he slots his first goal for us!

We have hippy, Daniher and even rich who can slot it from 50+ so defenders will have to stay high to keep them from taking long shots. Oscar has decent boot as well.

But then we have Charlie and linc who can get behind that ‘zone’ area and create havoc. Going to be almost impossible for opposition to double team players.

We’ll have to make sure we don’t let the forward ground get clogged so I expect to see Daniher and hippy roaming the midfield terrifying opposition defenders. Going to be highly entertaining (trying to limit my use of the word awesome)
Can add Rayner to that list also! Loves to bomb one from outside 50 on the run!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have always been big. I remember watching them years ago - preseason game at Princess Park. The game got washed out so the Carlton boys went inside but the Geelong players started pounding out laps around the stadium in the rain and mud. They were huge.
Back in the days* Geelong basically invented playing outside because they were a younger team that couldn't cope with the brutality of the inside battle.

* here referring to the 1860s

Back in the days* Geelong basically invented playing outside because they were a younger team that couldn't cope with the brutality of the inside battle.

* here referring to the 1860s
Yep, before Geelong joined the competition, all games were played in warehouses. The only space Geelong had was a cricket pitch and the rest was history.

Nah the Vic media will go nuts if we play a home game round one after 'playing 90% of our games at home in 2020'. Idiots.

If we leave that MCG turf at the GABBA over the off season that'll count as an away ground!

If we leave that MCG turf at the GABBA over the off season that'll count as an away ground!

Good point. The AFL will now be able to claim that they are in compliance with the merger agreement as the Gabba is now a Victorian ground.

Just listened to Joe on the podcast... and I have to say I was really surprised and impressed.

I can see why Fages thinks he has leadership qualities, I can see why he wanted to escape the bubble despite him saying he was ok with living in Melbourne (listen to the amount of times he calls footy his job) but above all I can hear him craving enjoyment from the game again.

He genuinely sounds like someone who seeks fulfillment and enjoyment from what he does - and it sounds like he just wasn't getting it reading between the lines. I really think the nature of our club, the "home away from home" family culture the boys have and their camaraderie just might be the missing piece of his puzzle.

He's a deep thinker too - listen to him speak about his "business" and his uncles MND situation. I was really surprised at how articulate and passionate he was.

I hope we have the recipe to give him the balance and happiness he craves - it just seems that's going to be the secret to unleashing his potential again. I have a feeling the chair opposite Fages in his office will feel really comfortable to Joe in a short space of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back