List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

ubuntu

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The hardest part of this is not watching my fav player play against Essendon, but having to change all my passwords :'(.

Stoked for Joe he was able to move on somewhere else and hope he kills it for you guys although I’m really not sure I can watch.

The hardest part of this is not watching my fav player play against Essendon, but having to change all my passwords :'(.

Stoked for Joe he was able to move on somewhere else and hope he kills it for you guys although I’m really not sure I can watch.
You can sit back and watch him become the player he was destined to be.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I'll sound like a wet blanket, I know, but I'm reserving my judgement until Joe actually shows something significant for us on the park.

I'm really, really hoping that will be sooner than later.

There was a lot of hype 10 years ago about a guy named Brendon Fevola joining the Lions and that didn't end well.

Admittedly, Fev had some dire personal issues that we chose to overlook at the time.

I've got a bit more faith in the decision making process of the regime in place at the club now but still, there is a nagging doubt for me that Joe might not live up to the huge expectations we have for him, especially as there has been more than a hint of mental fragility in his approach to his footy at his former club.

I'm still finding it hard to erase the image of him literally sitting on the fence with a silly grin on his face while a team-mate had a set shot for goal.

Ok, sure, let's put that down to him having already checked out of the Bombers but really.....that was not a good look.

I just can't imagine Fages having any tolerance for that sort of "individuality" and I really hope that has been made clear to Joe before we signed him up.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah I'm feeling the same way......I'm not comparing him to Fev, different scenarios altogether. I just hope our medicos can work their magic on his injuries and keep him sound.

Even if Daniher kicks 3 a game, if he chooses another Britney spears song like the others he will mean nothing to me
Depends on the song. Toxic is a banger.

I'll sound like a wet blanket, I know, but I'm reserving my judgement until Joe actually shows something significant for us on the park.

I'm really, really hoping that will be sooner than later.

There was a lot of hype 10 years ago about a guy named Brendon Fevola joining the Lions and that didn't end well.

Admittedly, Fev had some dire personal issues that we chose to overlook at the time.

I've got a bit more faith in the decision making process of the regime in place at the club now but still, there is a nagging doubt for me that Joe might not live up to the huge expectations we have for him, especially as there has been more than a hint of mental fragility in his approach to his footy at his former club.

I'm still finding it hard to erase the image of him literally sitting on the fence with a silly grin on his face while a team-mate had a set shot for goal.

Ok, sure, let's put that down to him having already checked out of the Bombers but really.....that was not a good look.

I just can't imagine Fages having any tolerance for that sort of "individuality" and I really hope that has been made clear to Joe before we signed him up.

My son is adamant that he was sitting in the fence as the shot was being taken after the siren. Still should have been there to knock the ball away if it came in low,but is better than if it was during the game proper.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
My son is adamant that he was sitting in the fence as the shot was being taken after the siren. Still should have been there to knock the ball away if it came in low,but is better than if it was during the game proper.
If it was his team mate taking the kick, after the siren, why does he have to be there to knock it away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
If it was his team mate taking the kick, after the siren, why does he have to be there to knock it away?

Not gonna be doing much knocking way of anything sitting on the fence behind the goals.

If he'd just cracked a tinnie he could perhaps have done some knocking down.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

reckon we'll start to see glimpses of 2016 daniher, and in 2022 the 2017 version will come on.
He is one of the best players I've seen in reading the ball in the air, leading patterns etc. He's got an elite football brain. Would be good for Hipwood and McStay to play alongside him and learn a thing or two. His field kicking is off the charts too. Goal kicking.... another story.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

reckon we'll start to see glimpses of 2016 daniher, and in 2022 the 2017 version will come on.
He is one of the best players I've seen in reading the ball in the air, leading patterns etc. He's got an elite football brain. Would be good for Hipwood and McStay to play alongside him and learn a thing or two. His field kicking is off the charts too. Goal kicking.... another story.

Those highlights show not only Daniher at his best but footy at it's best

He can take a bloody good mark and has a huge natural leap.
Exactly what we need in our forward line.
If he can get over his yips, he will be a massive addition.
My only hope is that we do not become too Joe centric as we did with Charlie last year.

Sproj

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He can take a bloody good mark and has a huge natural leap.
Exactly what we need in our forward line.
If he can get over his yips, he will be a massive addition.
My only hope is that we do not become too Joe centric as we did with Charlie last year.

That right there is a pretty good plan A and B though. Then this year’s More even spread is plan C and Hipwood is the all else goes wrong plan D. There are a few options.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North

Do you bank with the Bendigo Bank or Commonwealth and you use a Visa or a Mastercard?

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
We'll just have to play at grounds with no fences:)
You can't bang on the fence. They bought a rule about that in years ago . A group of cheer squad members of one club were interviewed about the new rule and they said it was too uncomfortable anyway, but I assume he would get in trouble if he was sitting on one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back