Morning Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the first couple of the new season and haven’t been blown away. Might wait until the whole season has aired then smash them out.

Succession blows it away, though.

I think the problem with this show is its not woke enough for lefties and too woke for conservatives.

thats probably not the best way to put It. Its extremely woke most of the times but every now and then does a brutal slapdown of that wokism.

am i the only one who felt sympathy for Mitch Kesler?

I think the problem with this show is its not woke enough for lefties and too woke for conservatives.

thats probably not the best way to put It. Its extremely woke most of the times but every now and then does a brutal slapdown of that wokism.

am i the only one who felt sympathy for Mitch Kesler?

no, and I would watch a Matt Lauer interview if he did one again.

aka The Morning Show.

I'm half way in and it's entertaining enough to keep me watching. Witherspoon is very good. I feel like Aniston and Carroll bring too much baggage from previous roles. Don't like the cuck English husband.

They are doing a reasonable job of presenting both sides of the MeToo argument.

Really forcing myself to watch this, enjoyed the first season, this season has been really ordinary.

I can't think of one character I like in the show, they are all insufferable

I finished the first season. For most of it they maintained some balance and nuance in depicting the different characters' versions and feelings of the sexual events. In the final episode it was disappointing that they went full on MeToo.

Mitch might have been sleazy but he did not rape Ashley or Hannah. Neither of them accused him of that. They fell for his seduction then had regrets. Sure there was a power imbalance but there are many characters in the show prepared to abuse their power. At one point Alex threatens to falsely accuse Mitch of rape.

Hannah made choices to advance her career rather than report the alleged sexual assault.

There are scenes where Mitch's character makes a distinction between his friend's predatory behaviour and his own.

But this is all thrown out of the window in the final episode. They made out Fred to be the evil fall guy - but it was clear the whole production crew knew what was going on, including Alex. It was unfeasible and hypocritical for her to be leading the outraged story to expose her own network when she was culpable.

I finished the first season. For most of it they maintained some balance and nuance in depicting the different characters' versions and feelings of the sexual events. In the final episode it was disappointing that they went full on MeToo.

Mitch might have been sleazy but he did not rape Ashley or Hannah. Neither of them accused him of that. They fell for his seduction then had regrets. Sure there was a power imbalance but there are many characters in the show prepared to abuse their power. At one point Alex threatens to falsely accuse Mitch of rape.

Hannah made choices to advance her career rather than report the alleged sexual assault.

There are scenes where Mitch's character makes a distinction between his friend's predatory behaviour and his own.

But this is all thrown out of the window in the final episode. They made out Fred to be the evil fall guy - but it was clear the whole production crew knew what was going on, including Alex. It was unfeasible and hypocritical for her to be leading the outraged story to expose her own network when she was culpable.
That changes in season 2. Mitch is seen in a much more sympathetic light.

Really forcing myself to watch this, enjoyed the first season, this season has been really ordinary.

I can't think of one character I like in the show, they are all insufferable
I like corey, the weather guy And dont mind mitch.

charlie has become an idiot though. The female characters are mostly annoying Although the laura peterson character has been solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Third season has been pretty solid despite some absurd reactions from its two main characters.

this show is like aaron sorkins newsroom. Not as good. But similar in style and attitude.

its far more enjoyable and intellectual then Succession.

looking foward to the finale after everything fell apart in the last 5 minutes of last weeks episode. Who will be left standing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back