Society/Culture Morrison Makes It Official, Whatever The Cost, We Will Not Surrender To China's Threats

Remove this Banner Ad

This is how I see control being stabalised.

If we can build a farming monster and ship 20%+ of their food source to them then there will never be any trouble between the two nations.
We are currently at around 7% of their food imports, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

I also don't see why that would necessarily stop them from ever deciding to just take control of the land themselves if they wanted to. Australia is only safe if the international community (well, the US and Europe) is prepared to stop Chinese aggression.

This is how I see control being stabalised.

If we can build a farming monster and ship 20%+ of their food source to them then there will never be any trouble between the two nations.
The problem is ideological. Nothing to do with trade. Trade is the one area where we get along. And Iron ore is our only leverage anyway. The world has excess supply of food now which can be produced anywhere. Tradeable Iron ore comes mostly from australia and brazil. Bolsanaros going even harder on the chinese then we are.

We are currently at around 7% of their food imports, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

I also don't see why that would necessarily stop them from ever deciding to just take control of the land themselves if they wanted to. Australia is only safe if the international community (well, the US and Europe) is prepared to stop Chinese aggression.
Waging a land war against us really isn't worth it from their perspective, even purely economically. The costs would be astronomical.

Waging a land war against us really isn't worth it from their perspective, even purely economically. The costs would be astronomical.
They wouldn't need to wage a land war against us. They would wipe out our navy and air force pretty quickly and that would be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still need to occupy vast swathes of land.
No, they really don't.

I mean, we don't occupy vast swathes of the land in this country. Why would they need to occupy land that we don't occupy ourselves?

They neuter our air force and navy, leaving capital cities containing almost 90% of the population unprotected, and we surrender.

China isn’t going to invade. They don’t have a track record of using military force. That’s America (and it’s South Pacific lackey).

All the rhetoric against China is just populist candy for easily influenced morons in this country. Look away from the headlines of what tabloid papers feed to the masses and look at business trading. Despite all their rheotoric against China the US just made a deal to sell China barley. Despite all their theoretic against Huawei the US Department of Commerce have recently allowed US companies to quietly work with Huawei. I’d probably guess the ban on Huawei using google will be lifted soon.

As far as Iron Ore goes, whilst Australia has the type of ore China wants that’s for today. There are plenty of other stockpiles in the world, especially in Africa. That’s a reason why China has been so invested in Africa. We talk about not being dependent on China? Well they obviously want to have more alternatives to source their ore from than just Australia.

While we only think about the 24hr news cycle and the time to the next election, the Chinese think decades ahead. It will take many years for them to source an alternative support for a second high grade ore source, but they’re working towards it, so Australians shouldn’t be so cocky to believe they’ll want our Iron Ore forever.

Now if we had a government that gave two shits about diversification away from solely mining then they could implement and support other industries. But because they’re such lazy incompetent shits happy to sponge off mining money to provide Australians with a decent amount of wealth without having to make make hard and, more importantly, long term decision about this country’s economy then that won’t happen. So I can foresee a future where China is able to say goodbye to Australian mineral wealth and the morons in Canberra being caught with their pants down and no plan or idea what to do.

Lee Kwan Yew was right, Australian’s are the “poor white trash of Asia”. I guess that’s what happens when your political class is led by evangelical marketing drop outs, young liberal IPA stooges and fish n chip shop owners.

China isn’t going to invade. They don’t have a track record of using military force. That’s America (and it’s South Pacific lackey).

That may be true in regards to invasion but China does have imperial ambitions in their direct region i.e. they annexed Tibet in 1950 and suppressed the uprising in 1959, the Xinjiang conflict which started in the 1930 against the Uyghurs, the Sino-Vietnamese War, Battle of the Paracel Islands, 1,2,3 Taiwan Strait Crisis, participation under the banner of the War on Terror with the intent of further suppressing Islam in their region.

All the rhetoric against China is just populist candy for easily influenced morons in this country. Look away from the headlines of what tabloid papers feed to the masses and look at business trading. Despite all their rheotoric against China the US just made a deal to sell China barley. Despite all their theoretic against Huawei the US Department of Commerce have recently allowed US companies to quietly work with Huawei. I’d probably guess the ban on Huawei using google will be lifted soon.

As far as Iron Ore goes, whilst Australia has the type of ore China wants that’s for today. There are plenty of other stockpiles in the world, especially in Africa. That’s a reason why China has been so invested in Africa. We talk about not being dependent on China? Well they obviously want to have more alternatives to source their ore from than just Australia.

While we only think about the 24hr news cycle and the time to the next election, the Chinese think decades ahead. It will take many years for them to source an alternative support for a second high grade ore source, but they’re working towards it, so Australians shouldn’t be so cocky to believe they’ll want our Iron Ore forever.

The majority of the worlds iron ore is mined out of Australia, Brazil and China. Brazil is Australia's largest direct competitor in this regard. Brazil is having an issue maintaining their iron ore exports due to COVID which is increasing its price and Chinas dependence on Australian exports. Africa has a very small % of the world iron ore market share (except for SA which accounts for ~5%)

China is interested in a few things in Africa, precious metals like platinum, cobalt and gold. There are still vast reserves of oil they want to take advantage of too. They are also buying up utilities, ports and telecommunications of small nations which they can wield to influence the governments in this region.

Now if we had a government that gave two shits about diversification away from solely mining then they could implement and support other industries. But because they’re such lazy incompetent shits happy to sponge off mining money to provide Australians with a decent amount of wealth without having to make make hard and, more importantly, long term decision about this country’s economy then that won’t happen. So I can foresee a future where China is able to say goodbye to Australian mineral wealth and the morons in Canberra being caught with their pants down and no plan or idea what to do.

Yes. We should be doing better than relying on diggin up the ground for a cheap buck. Australians are quite industrious, no reason we can't become a tech powerhouse in teh 21st century.

Lee Kwan Yew was right, Australian’s are the “poor white trash of Asia”. I guess that’s what happens when your political class is led by evangelical marketing drop outs, young liberal IPA stooges and fish n chip shop owners.

He said in the 1980s Australia COULD become the "poor white trash of Asia" if inflation and unemployment was allowed spiral out of control. He later admitted that he should have selected his words better. It was a warning not a blanket racist statement and I find it interesting that you have appropriated it and put it out of context to label a large portion of the Australian population.

That may be true in regards to invasion but China does have imperial ambitions in their direct region i.e. they annexed Tibet in 1950 and suppressed the uprising in 1959, the Xinjiang conflict which started in the 1930 against the Uyghurs, the Sino-Vietnamese War, Battle of the Paracel Islands, 1,2,3 Taiwan Strait Crisis, participation under the banner of the War on Terror with the intent of further suppressing Islam in their region.

He said in the 1980s Australia COULD become the "poor white trash of Asia" if inflation and unemployment was allowed spiral out of control. He later admitted that he should have selected his words better. It was a warning not a blanket racist statement and I find it interesting that you have appropriated it and put it out of context to label a large portion of the Australian population.

All of those conflicts were minor, the longest was the two week Sino Vietnamese conflict, and all conflicts directly on their borders or internal, and the last shot outside their borders was 1988. China has seen the failure of the US expeditionary wars and won't be conquering far off lands, including Australia.

As far as the poor white trash goes, yeah I'll stand by that statement. As long as we've got evangelical marketing dropouts, Pentecostal plants, IPA stooges who were well connected young Liberals at uni, blowhard mining bogans like Clive Palmer, Union lawyers and Fish and Chip shop owners dominating political discourse in this country we're not going to become a "Tech powerhouse" in your words. Hell we even had a neo-Nazi in the senate for a period. In social discourse being university educated makes you the target of sneers, "out of touch academic elites and so called experts" from the likes of those mentioned previously. Say all you want about China their system of government would never allow a Hanson or Anning (or even a Morrison or Abbott) to have a modicum of power.

All of those conflicts were minor, the longest was the two week Sino Vietnamese conflict, and all conflicts directly on their borders or internal, and the last shot outside their borders was 1988. China has seen the failure of the US expeditionary wars and won't be conquering far off lands, including Australia.

As far as the poor white trash goes, yeah I'll stand by that statement. As long as we've got evangelical marketing dropouts, Pentecostal plants, IPA stooges who were well connected young Liberals at uni, blowhard mining bogans like Clive Palmer, Union lawyers and Fish and Chip shop owners dominating political discourse in this country we're not going to become a "Tech powerhouse" in your words. Hell we even had a neo-Nazi in the senate for a period. In social discourse being university educated makes you the target of sneers, "out of touch academic elites and so called experts" from the likes of those mentioned previously. Say all you want about China their system of government would never allow a Hanson or Anning (or even a Morrison or Abbott) to have a modicum of power.
I mean they have actual concentration camps in China so they've obviously got some people with some interesting views on race in positions of power

We must be on guard and vigilant as long as the CCP is in power.

Spies and cyber attacks on our country will NOT be tolerated.

Hopefully, the good people of China will rise and topple that evil regime.

Edward Snowden revealed the Fives Eyes agencies do the exact same thing. Hell, the US government all but bragged about their Stuxnet virus they used against Iran. But when it happens in the other direction only then it’s NOT tolerated?

Chinese people aren’t going to be toppling their regime anytime soon. There’s no sign of discontent or widespread unrest against the government. The US is more likely to suffer a breakdown of their government anytime soon.

Just remember 150 million Chinese travel outside of their nation every year (well up until last year) and all freely return to that so called “evil regime”. Now why would they if they’re so evil?

China has provided their citizens with the biggest increase out of poverty in human history in the last 30 years. An extra 700 million into the middle class. All provided by the ruling Chinese Communist Party, like it or not. Why do you think the Chinese are a hair’s breath away from revolting?

Edward Snowden revealed the Fives Eyes agencies do the exact same thing. Hell, the US government all but bragged about their Stuxnet virus they used against Iran. But when it happens in the other direction only then it’s NOT tolerated?

Chinese people aren’t going to be toppling their regime anytime soon. There’s no sign of discontent or widespread unrest against the government. The US is more likely to suffer a breakdown of their government anytime soon.

Just remember 150 million Chinese travel outside of their nation every year (well up until last year) and all freely return to that so called “evil regime”. Now why would they if they’re so evil?

China has provided their citizens with the biggest increase out of poverty in human history in the last 30 years. An extra 700 million into the middle class. All provided by the ruling Chinese Communist Party, like it or not. Why do you think the Chinese are a hair’s breath away from revolting?

Thank you President Xi Jinping.

And welcome to Bigfooty. It's rice to have you on board. :thumbsu:

Ohhh how wonderful by Scooty standing up to those bully boy commies.

Maybe he’ll announce bigly plans to invest in Australian manufacturing so we don’t have to rely on those Chinese made products we’re all addicted to.
maybe if Australia was allowed to we would still have manufacturing and some local industries after gough signed Australia up to the UN, and old bob the globalist, continued on floating the dollar and allowing the unions to go nuts destroying local industry!

but but capitalism is the cry now days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back