Morrison Out - Tuckey In

Remove this Banner Ad

iceman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2001
Sydney, NSW
AFL Club
West Coast
Just saw on the news that Morrison has been placed on the long term injury list and that Brent Tuckey will be replacing him

IMO, thats a good move, as theres no need to start the season with injured players on your list

It also seems that Tuckey will be in contention with Wilson for the FF spot

Thoughts??

i dont think Morrison was ever going to be ready before mid to late season, so it makes sense to give someone else a go if hes gonna be out that long

Seems the WC recruiting/coaching staff saw something in Tuckey none of us did. I remember the criticism he got from this forum after being our 1st pick at the rookie draft, and now he's suddenly pushing for selection.

Could the eagles staff have drafted a surprise packet? Or is it just another Harding in our line-up?

It's interesting. Don't forget we still have one rookie we can upgrade before season starts due to only having one vet. I thought that would be Tuckey but who will it be?!!!!

Reports are that BB (Wilson) is having a very poor pre season.

Originally posted by daddy_4_eyes

Could the eagles staff have drafted a surprise packet? Or is it just another Harding in our line-up?

Wel he had been training strongly with the bulldogs i read, and they were probably going to draft him, we just beat them to the punch.
Hopefully he can show something in his games and give us a strong target up forward:D

Originally posted by Frodo
It's interesting. Don't forget we still have one rookie we can upgrade before season starts due to only having one vet. I thought that would be Tuckey but who will it be?!!!!

Reports are that BB (Wilson) is having a very poor pre season.

Is Wilson really having a poor pre season (I have been away and have not seen any training or the practice match), or is it just the media again?

Is it just me or is anyone else getting vibes that Tuckey might be one of our best pick ups this season?! As for Morrison, I doubt he'll be back until mid season, maybe play a few WAFL games to get his confidence and match practice up to scratch

Originally posted by GoEagles
Is it just me or is anyone else getting vibes that Tuckey might be one of our best pick ups this season?!
Well let's face it, he doesn't have a lot of competition. :)

But yeah, when he was at Collingwood I always thought he had potential.
And with our forward line, at least he'll get the opportunities that he lacked at the Pies.

Just don't expect miracles straight away. He needs time and confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back