Morrison's new censorship laws - the bigfooty edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I understand correctly today's changes, if you post something defamatory:

- BigFooty is responsible
- to absolve themselves of the responsibility, BigFooty are required to send the email address and/or other identifying information of the poster to the person claiming defamation

Is this retrospective, I'm not sure.

Be careful out there people.

If I understand correctly today's changes, if you post something defamatory:

- BigFooty is responsible
- to absolve themselves of the responsibility, BigFooty are required to send the email address and/or other identifying information of the poster to the person claiming defamation

Is this retrospective, I'm not sure.

Be careful out there people.
Its an announcement, no explanatory memorandum, no draft bill, no bill before parliament to be debated and amended and the Morrison government can't even control their members to vote for government legislation.

Its an embryo, maybe even at zygote stage, and you are worried about which private high school to get the kid into.

Sack Hinkley posts will have to stick to the truth, no name calling or threats.
Australian defamation laws are all about well resourced people accusing their critics of defamation (even if it is the truth) and then sending them broke with legal costs from drawn out court cases.

All about forcing a settlement to be paid, even if you didn't actually defame someone.

An exposure draft of the legislation will be released in the coming week. This will provide all Australians, the industry, states, territories and stakeholders to have their say on these important new laws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An exposure draft of the legislation will be released in the coming week. This will provide all Australians, the industry, states, territories and stakeholders to have their say on these important new laws.
I'll still take the piss out of you if it gets passed.

You and the cyber police can email me as many times as you want.

*Who can afford the legal bills which in most cases will exceed hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars per case.

It's a 'I'm a rich politician with no spine' law.

Good_Luck_I_m_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back