Movie Mortal Kombat - To be filmed in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok seen the movie.

- This movie series going forward can be nothing but R rated. I hope it makes the money so as not to hurt the growth in R rated movies.

- The fatalies are great and gory, Kung Lao rocks.

- Kano is one of the best things in the movie.

- Sub-zero rocks cant wait for Noob (thanks for the nod to that Movie)

- Perfectly casted.

- Lots of easter eggs and world building (black dragon)

- Special effects were good enough without being in your face.

- Where the * was the damn tournament? Fights are great and fun but there is no tournament.

- Scorpion was amazing but not really there or any building of his character, besides how he died.

- Some characters who have limited time are able to build their world (Kabal) and others (Nitara, Mileena & Reiko) do not other than be "hired goon".

hopefully it gets the coin to have the sequels and spin offs that are being talked about.

Last edited:
Ok seen the movie.

- This movie series going forward can be nothing but R rated. I hope it makes the money so as not to hurt the growth in R rated movies.

- The fatalies are great and gory, Kung Lao rocks.

- Kano is one of the best things in the movie.

- Sub-zero rocks cant wait for Noob (thanks for the nod to that Movie)

- Perfectly casted.

- Lots of easter eggs and world building (black dragon)

- Special effects were food enough without being in your face.

- Where the fu** was the damn tournament? Fights are great and fun but there is no tournament.

- Scorpion was amazing but not really there or any building of his character.

- Some characters who have limited time are able to build their world (Kabal) and others (Nitara, Mileena & Reiko) do not other than be "hired goon".

hopefully it gets the coin to have the sequels and spin offs that are being talked about.
How does it rate compared to the old 90s movies?

Michael Bisping should have played Kano

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
I haven’t seen it yet but prefer an actor pretending to fight than a fighter pretending to act. Reckon josh Lawson will be fine.

Note: this doesn’t apply to Veronica Vaughn in the original. Her pretending to fight and hold a gun was some of the worst action movie material I have ever seen.

I haven’t seen it yet but prefer an actor pretending to fight than a fighter pretending to act. Reckon josh Lawson will be fine.

Note: this doesn’t apply to Veronica Vaughn in the original. Her pretending to fight and hold a gun was some of the worst action movie material I have ever seen.

He is. Great in the movie.

I still can't believe Josh Lawson is Kano

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ass..

Loved it, loved the comedy in it Kano was the star of the show.

Enjoyed the story but lacked proper scorpion action for mine, but look forward to number 2.

Watched an advance screening last night. I really enjoyed the movie. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did.

I'll always love the original, but this did a good job.

The storyline was a little bit "meh", but other than that there were plenty of laughs, lots of action, and some decent CGI given the budget.

Josh Lawson was great as Kano and almost all of his lines had the whole cinema laughing!

If you are a fan of MK I'd highly recommend it. 7/10

My only gripe is how weak they make Goro look. Given his size and look they could have had him destroy a lot of "humans"

I think they had the right amount of characters and left plenty for the next movie and it wouldn't suprise to see some that were killed come back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back