Movie Mortal Kombat - To be filmed in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

KANO - Hey, new guy, get me out of here, i can help you !!
COLE - ........just sit tight
KANO - .....well i was about to go for a stroll but maybe I'll stick around, YA *EN IDIOT !!!

Last edited:
KANO - Hey, new guy, get me out of here, i can help you !!
COLE - ........just sit tight
KANO - .....well i was gonna go for a stroll but i thought i might stick around, ya fu**EN IDIOT !!!

You just know there’s going to be gifs galore as well as YouTube videos of all his lines.

That was great. Better martial arts and sound effects than the original, but still retained that 'B grade movie' charm the first one had.

Echo pretty much everything about Kano, stole the show haha.

Just watched it, really enjoyed it. Agree with everyone that Kano was great.

Hard to compare to the original as I remember it being amazing when first watched it and ******* terrible when I watched it more recently. To be most accurate, it's far better than my recent memory of the original, but probably on par with my original memory of it. And far better than Annihilation, which was always garbage.

Felt a little rushed though and did a couple of characters a bit of disservice (Goro and Liu Kang mostly). Sub-Zero and Scorpion were great, Kung Lao was a boss. Others weren't too bad. At least Goro's fight ended better than a dick punch.

just wish the fights went on longer and they weren't cut so quick, longer cuts would of made a big difference IMO
I think the movie as a whole needed to be a bit longer. 2 hours wasn't really enough to pack in all the characters development and fight scenes.

Agree with most thoughts on here.
Cole was unnecessary. Like Liu Kang, was also an orphan. They should have just centered the story around Liu kang and Kung Lao and actually fleshed out those two characters, like the "Canon"
In fact only Coles character was fleshed out. Everyone else just felt rushed.

The opening 7 minutes are the best part of the movie, Scorpion fighting ninjas and then Sub Zero, Could have had similar with Sub zero in present day. Running amok, chasing the "Chosen" with longer fight scenes and performing fatalities on random police or people etc, instead we got short fight scenes with random niche characters with no backstory.

At least it knew what it was, and didn't take itself too seriously. Kano great, cheesy dialogue great, fatalities were good.
Wasn't terrible, but should have been way better.

I enjoyed it. Special effects were great and loved the fight scenes. I didn't get the purpose for Cole and I really had no investment in him (he is also a very bad actor).

I wish they kept Sub Zero and Scorpion in their original costumes back from MK1.

Lui Kang bicycle kick was sick, so glad we got to see that. I really liked Kung Lao too, despite not being that much of a fan of him in the games. His fatality was awesome.

I'd have liked to have seen Reptile in ninja form too.

As other have said, Josh Lawson as Kano was brilliant.

"You got a pen? You wanna write this down? GET ****ed!"
"Laser beam! It's better than fireballs ya pussy!"

It ended pretty abruptly and would have been nice to have Scorpion in the film much more.

And how did Terry Cruze not play Jax!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've been thinking about how I would direct Scorpions iconic spear throw

1. Would be a close up front on angle of Scorpion saying 'Get over here!' and seeing him launch the spear from his hand

2. You see the spear flying out in real time, then the angle changes to side on and you see the rope flying in slow motion so the audience anticipates the horror that awaits. This could be in real time too to demonstrate the speed with which the threw it.

3. You get an angle from behind the opponent but it's in slow motion and you see the spear go through the chest and out the back. You can also see Scorpions face coz it's a little isometric. The opponent reacts accordingly as you would expect. Guts and s**t fly everywhere also in slow motion. This is definitely all in slow motion

4. Speed returns to normal as you see Scorpion rip the spear back towards him and the opponent comes too to demonstrate the force and velocity. The whole time you can see Scorpions face to tell he means business. Or maybe just focus on the torture of the opponent

5. The spear rips back through the chest of the opponent just in front of Scorpion and he gives him a massive uppercut to basically finish him off. This is probably side on

Last edited:
Saw it last night. Loved it. Just to be a little different, I actually thought Kano was brilliant. Was just a very fun movie, glad I saw it at the cinema. Looking forward to another instalment.

I enjoyed this. Could it have been better? Yes. Did it do everything to set up a sequel? Yes.

We didn't get the tournament which had been spoken about all movie, but I'm pretty keen on a bigger and better 2nd movie (if this 1st one does well, expect a higher budget and more effort in the 2nd one).

Cole was absolutely unnecessary but he didn't bother me too much.

Kano obviously the highlight. Hoping for heaps of Johnny Cage and Shao Khan in the next movie.

I would be happy for the people that cast this one to make the call. I couldn't have named any actor in this besides the Aussies. Lots of familiar faces but no names I knew. Would assume Johnny cage will be similar and I don't think any of those cast so far were mistakes.

I would be happy for the people that cast this one to make the call. I couldn't have named any actor in this besides the Aussies. Lots of familiar faces but no names I knew. Would assume Johnny cage will be similar and I don't think any of those cast so far were mistakes.
I don't know, i didnt really find the actor that played Shang Tsung all that menacing, more feminine if that makes sense. Maybe that's just because i've only seen him in The Dark Night and he was a wimp in that. Same with Raiden, he looked out of place. Agree with the rest

I don't know, i didnt really find the actor that played Shang Tsung all that menacing, more feminine if that makes sense. Maybe that's just because i've only seen him in The Dark Night and he was a wimp in that. Same with Raiden, he looked out of place. Agree with the rest

Yeah I didn't like Raiden's casting at all. Thought the rest were solid. Sonya was great.

Don't disagree on shang tsung. I think the issue with raiden was more how he was portrayed on the whole than just the actor. His eyes didn't work and his lines weren't great either. He sounded like a bitch when he was whinging about his champions not even having their kanaa or whatever it was.

Don't disagree on shang tsung. I think the issue with raiden was more how he was portrayed on the whole than just the actor. His eyes didn't work and his lines weren't great either. He sounded like a b*tch when he was whinging about his champions not even having their kanaa or whatever it was.
I was less annoyed about Raiden, agree on how he was written. But Shang Tsung annoyed the hell out of me. His tone throughout doesn't suit the character at all, there's nothing menacing about him. His dialogue is also way too softly spoken and almost feminine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back