Mortgage Free - has anyone on BF achieved it at a relatively young age ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok cool.

The initial convo was based around paying down debt v contributing to super.

I guess my point is that the tax concession one gets via using super as an investment structure offset the negatives you pointed out. Especially when you consider the main (not only) alternative is investing in property, which really isn't that flexible, and attracts its own set of costs.

Each to their own I guess. Thanks for pointing out why you think super isn't the most effective structure to invest in. In your opinion, would you be looking at trusts? Or something else?

Or perhaps my comments created the conversation of super conts v paying down debt

Point out how/why I am incorrect?
Wow, you really just don't grasp what a fool you made of your self:

You said this:
JohnW said:
super is the most effective way of investing

Then you claimed I was the one claiming "Super is an investment" and pointed out that I was the dumb arse for thing this:
JohnW said:
You posted "I see, so investing in real estate is a risk but super isn't" in response to me. Clearly you think that super is an investment. It is not.

Can you see why you look like a massive dumb arse?

Don't make me go back and find more gold. And stop whining at me on other forums about this thread. get over it and move you window licker.

Ok cool.

The initial convo was based around paying down debt v contributing to super.
No, it was about investing and returns and you claimed paying into super was without a doubt the best investment.

Something tells me you're 75 and your name is Godfrey or something.

Wow, you really just don't grasp what a fool you made of your self:

You said this:

Then you claimed I was the one claiming "Super is an investment" and pointed out that I was the dumb arse for thing this:

Can you see why you look like a massive dumb arse?

Don't make me go back and find more gold. And stop whining at me on other forums about this thread. get over it and move you window licker.

Care to actually comment on the effectiveness of using super as a structure to invest? And how effective it is? This is the main issue, look forward to your explanation on why using the super structure isn't the most effective, and what other options would you suggest?

Care to actually comment on the effectiveness of using super as a structure to invest? And how effective it is? This is the main issue, look forward to your explanation on why using the super structure isn't the most effective, and what other options would you suggest?
Myself and others have provided options. Let's have a recap of the thread because it's possible you may have a defect.

JohnDowns said:
Please give an example on when paying down the loan on your PPR is not the best option. Keeping rate's of return similar.
They have been provided. Re-read the thread. Please make sure you acknowldge that you are the only poster on this thread claiming your way is the best, no exceptions.

JohnDowns said:
You need to sell the property to recieve that.
This suggest you are unaware of the concept of accessing equity to invest.

JohnDowns said:
My thoughts on an investment property are that they should be looked at after you have paid additional into your PPOR mortgage, and after you have maxed your concessional super conts. Not before.
Maybe you think you get it, but really, you don't.

JohnDowns said:
I see no need to take risk when a more than solid return can be had with no risk at all. Obviously if your home is paid off and super conts are maxed then sure why not. But personally I prefer to take the risk free returns available before taking on risk
Here you try to claim property investing is risky but super isn't.

I've just twigged that your views are so absurd I shouldn't even bother talking to you. I mean **** me, you're an A grade spacca. And then you go onto other boards and start whining "yeah Bunsen, you're an a-hole, always think your right". Well guess ****ing what? I am right. I am right, you are ****ing wrong. Get it?

Do not bother conversing with me again you ****ing peanut. Put me on ignore.

Ok maybe someone else will understand the question, and actually answer it. A more effective investment structure than super?

$400,000 loan on an investment property (assumed LVR of 100% using PPR as security)
$24,000 interest (6%)
$20,000 rent (5%)

Gross loss of $4,000
Net loss of $2,800 (30% tax rate)

compared

Put $4,000 into super (concessional)
less $600 contributions tax (15%)
Super balance $3,400
Claim $4,000 as a tax deduction
Net cost of contribution $2,800

Senario 1) Loss in income $2,800, plus/minus capital return (??) (Total -$2,800)
senario 2) Loss in income $2,800, plus increased super balance of $3,400, plus/minus capital return. (Total $600 gain)

Now if the discussion is about property and its returns compared to any other investment return then thats a different question.

If the logic in the above is not correct, some one please explain.

Bunsen - learn to argue without the name calling, it just distracts from the debate.
There is no debate. I'm not interested in debating this. Only interested in calling names. He's a f***t***d so I'm calling him on it.

This was done and dusted ages ago and I had forgotten about it. If he didn't go and approach me on other boards and whine like a bitch (about this thread) I would have left him alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back