Current Mosque Mass Shootings - Christchurch New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Facebook censured by government for failure to act on livestreaming concerns

By Fergus Hunter and Jennifer Duke March 26, 2019 — 6.47pm

https://amp.smh.com.au/politics/fed...n-livestreaming-concerns-20190326-p517sb.html
1d34f6e2aa82959863f7e5b144e7a142.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
"Edited Uploads"!! "Bad Actor": A person that attempts to lie, cheat, or deceive, in a poor manner.

Hmmm. I've seen enough comments that say they think the footage was fake! As in a video game! As in no blood or fake blood! As in it was a big conspiracy and no one really died! Crisis actors being used!

This is absolute rubbish and I have enough contacts in Christchurch NZ to vouch this was a real life event and 50 people really did die.

It's unbelievable to me that some people think this, but the footage did seem strangely like a video game.

Is it possible that filters were used or the footage was edited in some way to in some uploads to encourage those thoughts?

"Edited Uploads"!! "Bad Actor": A person that attempts to lie, cheat, or deceive, in a poor manner.

Hmmm. I've seen enough comments that say they think the footage was fake! As in a video game! As in no blood or fake blood! As in it was a big conspiracy and no one really died! Crisis actors being used!

This is absolute rubbish and I have enough contacts in Christchurch NZ to vouch this was a real life event and 50 people really did die.

It's unbelievable to me that some people think this, but the footage did seem strangely like a video game.

Is it possible that filters were used or the footage was edited in some way to in some uploads to encourage those thoughts?
Hollywood has lots to answer for.
These guys are disappointed there was no huge blood sprays on walls, gaping wounds , people flying backwards on being hit ( i thought Tarantino debunked that one)

Hollywood has lots to answer for.
These guys are disappointed there was no huge blood sprays on walls, gaping wounds , people flying backwards on being hit ( i thought Tarantino debunked that one)
That particular tweet from the head of fb cyber security just makes me think what sort of editing was done to the uploads. Not suggesting fb edited (I don't think I am), but could they have had filter etc added or parts deleted on some of the uploads to make them more game like and less real?

That particular tweet from the head of fb cyber security just makes me think what sort of editing was done to the uploads. Not suggesting fb edited (I don't think I am), but could they have had filter etc added or parts deleted on some of the uploads to make them more game like and less real?

not really sure what you are trying to say here
but
fb are fantastic at collecting clients info(?)
fb are excellent at machine learning(?)
fb are brilliant at web based automated processes(?)
fb can do almost anything with technology
to make these visions look less real
is kind of a mental sickness
imho

Vaguely related.
Investigative journalist Lara Whyte reports on the rise of the new wave of female hardline right-wing activists, a band of reactionary influencers gaining a huge online following
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003twc

One of them is a casual friend of mine, they're a couple actually and I've watched the transformation over the last three years roughly. Non violent and I've never seen hatred or racism unless as self described identitarians racism is inherent.

Identitarians and academics . :flushed:

If it couldn't get any sadder, the exit door at the Mosque which was the only escape route for so many wouldn't open. An electrician had been working on the lock system only days prior and it was closed trapping them in, typically at Friday prayers it was kept open.

Cynical and an ugly thought on my part but I'm sure investigators will be having a look at who the electrician is and whether he is connected to Tarrant in any way.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceani...-mosque-shooting-victims-20190329-p518qw.html

not really sure what you are trying to say here
but
1. fb are fantastic at collecting clients info(?)
2. fb are excellent at machine learning(?)
3. fb are brilliant at web based automated processes(?)
4. fb can do almost anything with technology
5. to make these visions look less real is kind of a mental sickness
imho
Yes to 1 and 5 and Don't know for the others.

Commenting on fb head of cybersecurity policy's statement that the vast majority of the videos spread was due to "edited re-uploads" by a "core community of bad actors trying to circumvent the company's efforts to police the material".

Previous comments by fb stated
"The video was viewed fewer than 200 times during the live broadcast. No users reported the video during the live broadcast," Sonderby said in a statement.

"Including the views during the live broadcast, the video was viewed about 4000 times in total before being removed from Facebook."

In the first 24 hours after the shooting, Facebook removed about 1.5 million versions of the attack video.

"More than 1.2 million of those videos were blocked at upload, and were therefore prevented from being seen on our services," Sonderby said.

A user has already challenged fb as he reported the video during the live broadcast.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/ch...hristchurch-massacre-live-video-facebook-says

My questions are

1. Did these "edited re-uploads" include some sort of filter that made the shooting look more like a video game? (For me it looked very realistic but I'm acknowledging claims others are making).

2. Or were the edits only to try to circumvent fb censure?

2. Were these "bad actors" members of extreme right wing groups knowing the incident would happen and waiting for the live stream to quickly edit and re upload so it was shared at a rate different that a normal upload would?

1553912823840.png

https://thewhiterosesociety.writeas.com/

Extract» (this was published prior to Christchurch - take notice of who went to Austria, and what he did there, in this part of the article)
Anning’s maiden speech: neo-Nazi speech writers?
Anning’s parliamentary debut in August 2018 was controversial. His maiden speech called for an end to “Muslim and third world” immigration, proposing a White Australia policy for the 21st century. At the time, Senator Pauline Hanson called the speech “straight out of the Goebbels’ handbook from Nazi Germany” and told the media that Anning’s speechwriter was a One Nation ex-staffer called Richard Howard.

We can reveal that White Rose Society has been passed information from a credible source claiming that another of Anning's speechwriters for the “Final Solution” maiden speech, was longtime ethno-nationalist Frank Salter. Salter is an honorary associate in the Department of Government and International Relations at the University of Sydney.

In the 1970s, Salter and Jim Saleam co-founded Australian National Alliance, the predecessor to Australian National Action. Most notably, members of National Action took part in a drive-by shooting, organised by Saleam, of anti-Apartheid activist Eddie Funde’s house. (Saleam was later jailed for his role in the crime, and is now the leader of the Australia First Party.)

Salter left activism and Australia in the 1980s and moved to Austria to research the application of behavioural biology to politics. He has published on ethnicity and conflict and describes himself as an Anglo Identitarian. He believes in ‘the great replacement’ of white people by non-white migrants and has been described as “a giant in the intellectual defense of white identity.” He argues for the strengthening of Christianity and the rejection of multiculturalism.

Note: these are all sentiments we have heard uttered by Fraser Anning over the last 6 months.

Firearm found on Reclaim Australia rally bus bound for Melbourne from Sydney.
The Age 23/7/2015 https://www.theage.com.au/national/...or-melbourne-from-sydney-20150723-giiusb.html

Extracts»
An anti-Islam protester at last weekend's chaotic Reclaim Australia rallies in Melbourne had packed a pistol in his luggage, police have confirmed.

The man at the centre of the chilling incident was part of a group of United Patriots Front members who were preparing to board a bus in Sydney for Melbourne last week.

United Patriots Front is a far right group that has aligned itself with neo-Nazis and counts among its leaders a man convicted of anti-Semitic harassment.

Members of the group had openly discussed "packing" firearms — "only small ones" — on Facebook in the lead up to the rally, and police confirmed last week they would investigate those threats.'

942fddf9a498f2e8f60e4c3fc2852c18.jpg

472006f48e8c24fd4fca1c909c99e68a.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Austrian far right leader who received a donation from the Christchurch terrorist in a stunt, donates small sum to an anti racist organisation.
94b97c3c8d88eeba2918060e4a9497d8.jpg
5f63946e0ebcfa18504837f23a90353c.jpg
1a5cea2f15889c73bbba7ec340794f39.jpg

Alleged Christchurch massacre supporter has internet ban upheld, calls media 'animals'

BY COURT REPORTER REBECCA OPIEABOUT 6 HOURS AGO

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04...orter-fails-to-overturn-internet-ban/10963092

An Adelaide man charged after allegedly posting comments online in support of the Christchurch terrorist attack has lost his bid to be allowed to use the internet again.

Key points:

Mr Vinzelberg allegedly posted on social media supporting the Christchurch massacre

Police allegedly found a loaded firearm under his mattress during a search of his home

He said he needed to use the internet to find a job

Chad Rolf Vinzelberg, 37, was charged with possessing a firearm without a licence and four counts of possessing prohibited weapons after police searched his northern suburbs home last month.

The search was prompted by a series of comments Mr Vinzelberg had allegedly posted on social media supporting the Christchurch massacre and praising the terrorist responsible.

The Adelaide Magistrates Court heard his online profile photo showed him holding a gun and during the search police found a loaded firearm underneath his mattress as well as an extendable baton and two flick knives.

A medieval mace and a crossbow were allegedly found in his shed.

Mr Vinzelberg was granted bail during his first court hearing on the condition that he would not use the internet.

On Tuesday, he represented himself from the dock and called on the court to change that condition.

He said he ran his own "handyman business" but also claimed to have lost his job.

"I do need the internet to find a job as the media have blown this up, they have made a mountain out of a pile and I have lost my job over that," Mr Vinzelberg said.

"I'm the sole income earner of the family, I've got a wife and three kids and a mortgage."

Magistrate Brett Dixon refused to grant the request.

Outside court today Mr Vinzelberg referred to members of the media as "animals".

"You animals made me lose my job because you blow this up," he said.

"I want a job … can I put my resume in at your office?"

During a previous court hearing, police said Mr Vinzelberg posed a genuine concern for the safety of the community and that authorities were conducting further investigations into other devices found at his home.

His lawyer on that occasion told the court the items were ornamental and were on display in his client's "man cave".

Mr Vinzelberg was not charged in relation to the alleged online material.

The matter will return to court in December.

Police have 'paid more attention to mosques'

This morning, SA Police Assistant Commissioner Noel Bamford said officers were continuing to monitor groups and individuals with extremist views.

His comments were not made in the context of the ongoing court case, but he said police had "certainly paid more attention to mosques".

"There are both far left and far right groups in South Australia," Mr Bamford told ABC Radio Adelaide.

"We're not talking an armed force of people.

"There are people we've come across who've had firearms and we've taken action against them for that."

In light of the Christchurch terrorist attack, the UN General Assembly debates 'Combating terrorism and other acts of violence based on religion or belief'
The resolution, which has been adopted, is available at https://t.co/aVGMpfO67Y

United Nations A/73/L.79 General Assembly Distr.: Limited 28 March 2019 Original: English 19-05241 (E) 290319 *1905241* Seventy-third session Agenda item 72 Elimination of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance Indonesia, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Pakistan, Qatar, Samoa, Somalia, Suriname and Turkey: draft resolution Combating terrorism and other acts of violence based on religion or belief The General Assembly, Recalling that all States have pledged themselves, under the Charter of the United Nations and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,1 to promote universal respect for, and observance of, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all, Recalling also its relevant resolutions, including resolution 73/164 of 17 December 2018 on combating intolerance, negative stereotyping, stigmatization, discrimination, incitement to violence and violence against persons, based on religion or belief, and resolution 73/176 of 17 December 2018 on freedom of religion or belief, Reaffirming that discrimination against human beings on the grounds of religion or belief constitutes an affront to human dignity and a disavowal of the principles of the Charter, Reaffirming also the obligation of States to prohibit discrimination and violence on the basis of religion or belief and to implement measures to guarantee the equal and effective protection of the law, Recalling that States have the primary responsibility to promote and protect human rights, including the human rights of persons belonging to religious minorities, including their right to exercise their religion or belief freely, Expressing deep concern at the instances of intolerance and discrimination and acts of violence occurring in the world, including cases motivated by discrimination against persons belonging to religious minorities, in addition to the negative projection of the followers of religions and the enforcement of measures that specifically discriminate against persons on the basis of religion or belief, __________________ 1 Resolution 217 A (III).
Noting the Secretary General’s call upon the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations “to reach out to governments, and faith-based organizations, religious leaders and others, and explore actions to prevent attacks against, and guarantee the sanctity of, religious sites”, Reiterating that terrorism and violent extremism as and when conducive to terrorism, in all its forms and manifestations, cannot and should not be associated with any religion, nationality, civilization or ethnic group, Deeply alarmed by all terrorist attacks against places of worship that are motivated by religious hatred, including Islamophobia, anti-Semitism and Christianophobia, 1. Condemns in the strongest terms the heinous, cowardly terrorist attack aimed at Muslim worshippers in Christchurch, New Zealand, on 15 March 2019, and expresses its deepest condolences to the families of the victims and to the Government and the people of New Zealand; 2. Strongly condemns continuing violence and acts of terrorism targeting individuals, including persons belonging to religious minorities, on the basis of or in the name of religion or belief; 3. Underlines the need to hold perpetrators, organizers, financiers and sponsors of these acts of terrorism accountable and to bring them to justice; 4. Strongly deplores all acts of violence against persons on the basis of their religion or belief and such acts directed against their homes, businesses, properties, schools, cultural centres and places of worship, as well as all attacks on and in religious places, sites and shrines that are in violation of international law; 5. Urges all States to work together to protect individuals against acts of violence, discrimination and hate crimes based on racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance; 6. Urges States to protect and promote freedom of religion and belief and to foster a domestic environment of religious tolerance, peace and respect by countering incitement to religious hatred and violence and by strategizing and harmonizing actions at the local, national, regional and international levels through education and awareness-building; 7. Calls for strengthened international efforts to foster a global dialogue on the promotion of a culture of tolerance and peace at all levels, based on respect for human rights and for the diversity of religions and beliefs, emphasizing that States, regional organizations, national human rights institutions, non-governmental organizations, religious bodies, the media and civil society as a whole have an important role to play in such efforts.

View attachment N1909055.pdf

Last edited:
YouTube Is Placing Sweeping New Restrictions On Tommy Robinson’s Channel — But It’s Not Banning Him

The video platform is removing the far-right activist’s videos from search results and stopping his livestreaming.

Posted on Apr 2, 2019, 4:03:22 AM GMT

Mark Di Stefano

BuzzFeed News Reporter

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/markdistefano/youtube-sweeping-new-restrictions-tommy-robinson

An extract»
It remains to be seen whether YouTube’s restrictions on Robinson will be enough to satisfy senior UK politicians who have been pushing for him to be banned from the platform completely after an incident with Mike Stuchbery, a writer with the website Byline.

In a letter to Google CEO Sundar Pichai, Labour’s deputy leader Tom Watson demanded that Robinson be removed after the activist livestreamed himself visiting the home of Stuchbery.

“I have recently been making the argument that the social media companies have failed to regulate hate speech and harm on their platforms,” Watson wrote. “I would ask that you immediately close down all of Yaxley-Lennon’s sites on YouTube before the virus of his views grooms countless more followers via your platform.”

Fraser Anning censure motion was passed by Senate on voices. Government + Labor + Greens + Hinch + Centre Alliance + Burston all in favour.

Only Cory Bernardi voted against. Fraser Anning wasn't in the chamber for the vote.

One Nation abstained.
3c108b899769dda1104f33b9db881634.jpg

Fraser Anning censure motion was passed by Senate on voices. Government + Labor + Greens + Hinch + Centre Alliance + Burston all in favour.

Only Cory Bernardi voted against. Fraser Anning wasn't in the chamber for the vote.

One Nation abstained.
3c108b899769dda1104f33b9db881634.jpg

Bernadi was broadly for it but spoke against some of the rhetoric directed towards Anning. One nation abstained from the discussion . There was no actual vote. The motion passed the senate “on the voices”.

Christchurch's Troy Dubovskiy supported the actions of accused mosque gunman, say police, via @nzherald
3 Apr, 2019 4:34pm https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12219021
The Russian gun and Nazi "fanatic" who died after a police stand-off in Christchurch "supported the actions" of the alleged mosque terror attacker, according to police.

Armed police raided the home of 54-year-old Artemiy Vldimirovich Dubovskiy, also known as Troy Dubovskiy, last Tuesday after a tip-off from the public.

Officers found a cache of firearms, including a modified semi-automatic weapon,
ammunition, "violent extremist content", along with Nazi uniforms, helmets and clothing.

Dubovskiy, who had spent time in jail for a violent home invasion where he put a replica German WW2 Luger pistol to a man's head, died after a three-hour stand-off with police last Wednesday.

Today, police confirmed that Dubovskiy first landed on the police radar after "some concerning emails" that he sent and included reference to the Christchurch terror attacks.

"Based on the nature of the items located during the search warrant, the nature of what he said to police during the negotiation and subsequent inquiries, police are of the view that Mr Dubovskiy did pose a significant threat to the community," Canterbury District Commander Superintendent John Price said this afternoon.

"This remains an ongoing investigation. Based on inquiries to date it is clear that Mr Dubovskiy supported the actions of the man charged with murder in relation to the Christchurch terror attacks, however no connection has been established between the two."

Price said police appreciated that Dubovskiy's family and friends are grieving his loss and offered their sympathy to them.

Search warrants were executed on three properties that Dubovskiy, who arrived in New Zealand in 1997, lived at or had access to.

"A number of items of concern were located at these properties, including firearms, ammunition and violent extremist content," Price said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back