GWS
9D6B6357-391C-4330-910C-0A6AED4A9B39.jpeg

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Six Charged With Sharing Footage of Christchurch Mosque Attacks – Rolling Stone https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...urch-mosque-shooting-facebook-charges-822280/

Six Charged in New Zealand for Sharing Mosque Shooting Video Online

One 18-year-old defendant allegedly shared an image of the massacre with the caption “target acquired”

EJ DICKSON

APRIL 15, 2019 12:13PM EDT

New Zealand police have charged six people with illegally redistributing live-streamed videos and images of the March 15th shootings at Christchurch mosques. They’re being charged with supplying or distributing objectionable material, which carries a maximum sentence of 14 years in prison.

Philip Arps, 44, and an unnamed suspect, 18, appeared in court on Monday in front of a New Zealand judge. (The other four suspects are not currently in custody, and their names are currently being withheldby officials.)

The 18-year-old suspect is accused of sharing livestreamed footage of the attack, as well as a still image of one of the mosques targeted with the caption “target acquired.” Both he and Arps were denied bail.

Arps is the owner of an insulation company called Beneficial Insulation. According to the New York Post, the logo of Arps’ business is a sunwheel (also known as a sonnenrad), an ancient European symbol that has been used by neo-Nazis as a reference to Aryan or Norse heritage. Arps has also previously appeared in a 2016 video in which he delivered pigs’ heads to one of the mosques targeted in the attacks, which was widely distributed among neo-Nazi circles.

A 28-year-old Australian man has been charged with carrying out the attacks against worshippers at al Noor moque and Linwood Islamic Center in Christchurch, New Zealand, in which 50 people were killed. The man is being charged with 50 murder counts and 39 counts of attempted murder.

The suspect also livestreamed the attacks and released a violently Islamophobic manifesto beforehand. Although Facebook said that less than 200 people watched the original, 17-minute livestream of the attacks, in a tweet the company said that it had to remove nearly 1.5 million videos of the attacks 24 hours after the shootings.

Shortly after the attacks, New Zealand’s chief censor David Shanks issued a statementannouncing that the shooter’s manifesto and footage had been banned under the Films Videos and Publications Classification Act (FVPCA) 1993, an act that bans the dissemination of “objectionable” content, defined as content that “describes, depicts, expresses, or otherwise deals with matters such as sex, horror, crime, cruelty, or violence in such a manner that the availability of the publication is likely to be injurious to the public good.” In the past, ISIS propaganda has also received similar classification.

Of the video footage specifically, Shanks said, “every New Zealander should now be clear that this clip is an illegal, harmful and reprehensible record created to promote a terrorist cause. If you have a record of it, you must delete it. If you see it, you should report it,” he said. “Possessing or distributing it is illegal, and only supports a criminal agenda.”

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately IMO there will certainly be payback for this mosque attack and very possibly on Australian soil. The young Turks of the moslem extremist community are unlikely to take this lying down. Intelligence experts calling it a " game changer, " for good reason.

Easter Time Sri Lanka 150 dead. Churches attacked. This could get nasty.

If this is an Islamist attack, it's not necessarily out of the ordinary.

It is quite sophisticated and well coordinated though with seven bombings so far, the numbers killed are big and rising. To me anyway, it has more a european flavour than anything Sri Lanka has seen before. My research isn't extensive so I could be wrong but that's what I'm getting for now.

Edit: 8 bombings

Last edited:

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
If this is an Islamist attack, it's not necessarily out of the ordinary.

Its quite large scale and co- ordinated " Mumbai " Style, killing worshippers as they pray at the most important event on the Christian Calendar....indiciendary part of the world..not that far from Bin laden hide hole.........veeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.....

Its quite large scale and co- ordinated " Mumbai " Style, killing worshippers as they pray at the most important event on the Christian Calendar....indiciendary part of the world..not that far from Bin laden hide hole.........veeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.....

How many suicide bombers in the one day Mumbai?

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hopefully petedavo keeps us updated in the Sri Lanka bombing thread?
Refer to my (@petedavo_world) feed: https://twitter.com/petedavo_world?s=09
There's been some names, and an organization named in a story about a warning cropping up upon social media, and being reported in MSM, but apparently the Sri Lanka government is asserting that it's fake.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
This should have wider press coverage than it's getting if it's ISIS.

Yes well i think we can rule out the Christian Far right , the Hindus and the Tamil tigers ,,,,,hmmmm now who else ?,,,,oh yes Muslim extremist terror cells activated over Easter in retaliation for the Christchurch Mosque Attack....now all we need is some nutter to retaliate by attacking another Mosque and we could see a full on Global Crisis...... Tarrant must be smiling smugly in his cell....

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Muslim extremist terror cells activated over Easter in retaliation for the Christchurch Mosque Attack

I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion too fast.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/s...bs-detonators-in-colombo-20190423-p51gb7.html

Doubts cast over minister's claim attacks were response to Christchurch.
The claim made by Sri Lankan Defence Minister Ruwan Wijewardene in the nation's Parliament today that the Sunday's bombings were in retaliation for last month's attacks on mosques in Christchurch have been questioned by both terror experts and the New Zealand government.

Jacinda Ardern's office said New Zealand "has not yet seen any intelligence upon which such an assessment might be based". Nor did Wijewardene offer any evidence for the connection at the special session in parliament.

Terrorism researchers have suggested it could have taken months to plan the coordinated bombings.

The Islamic State group is claiming responsibility for the Easter attacks in Sri Lanka that killed at least 321 people, but offered no evidence.

The extremist group made the claim on Tuesday via its Aamaq news agency.

The claim said: "The perpetrators of the attack that targeted nationals of the countries of the coalitions and Christians in Sri Lanka before yesterday are fighters from the Islamic State."

It offered no photographs or videos of attackers pledging their loyalty to the group.

There's been suggestions /unverified intel that the group the attackers were in preparation for months to attack were Buddhists, the plan changed after Christchurch.

There was this over one month ago.

Isis has called on its followers to retaliate for the terror attack against Muslims in New Zealand last week, in a rare message from one of its top figures.

The group’s spokesman, Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, broke a six-month silence to call on Isis supporters to “take vengeance for their religion” in the 44-minute audio recording.

“This slaughter in those two mosques is no more than another tragedy among past and coming tragedies, which will be followed by scenes of force that reach all who were tricked to living among the polytheist,” he said in the message distributed by Al Furqan, a media organisation linked to Isis.

“The scenes of death in the two mosques are enough to wake the sleep and incite the supporters of the caliphate who live there, to take vengeance for their religion and for sons of their Ummah, who are killed everywhere in the world.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...hristchurch-mosque-attack-syria-a8829246.html

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Oh , I'm comfortable with it. yes predicted it before it happened and called it right,, Extremist,retaliation,,..now if some Christian nutter decides to payback with another Mosque attack then things will get really hot......they didn't call Tarrants grotesque attack in Christchurch the most significant terrorist attack since 9/11 for nothing.. big statement indeed....potential for global conflagration.....and Tarrant and his handlers even made comparison to 9/11 in his manifesto.....sarcastic comment ...everyone on the planet knew the name of Mohamed Atta and Bin Laden within 24 hrs of the attack and it is the same now with Tarrant...most infamous alleged killer and terrorist ..and an Aussie born and bred in Grafton NSW.......staggering....

Oh , I'm comfortable with it. yes predicted it before it happened and called it right,, Extremist,retaliation,,..now if some Christian nutter decides to payback with another Mosque attack then things will get really hot......they didn't call Tarrants grotesque attack in Christchurch the most significant terrorist attack since 9/11 for nothing.. big statement indeed....potential for global conflagration.....and Tarrant and his handlers even made comparison to 9/11 in his manifesto.....sarcastic comment ...everyone on the planet knew the name of Mohamed Atta and Bin Laden within 24 hrs of the attack and it is the same now with Tarrant...most infamous alleged killer and terrorist ..and an Aussie born and bred in Grafton NSW.......staggering....

Hate his guts tbh and I've been seriously thinking, for the past three years about deleting my old friend who went over to the far right. I know why she did but I dont think anybody would be interested. Since the Tarrant massacre, she has doubled down. I don't know what to do.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree with this and the whole thing stinks of someone trying to ignite a Muslim V Christian s**t fight. I'd read the Albert Pike quote above and see this isn't a new idea.

The Chch bomber wasn't a Christian but a brain washed far right crusader. I said before follow the money and find who financed him and I wouldn't be surprised to find the same financiers behind Sri Lanka.

It's interesting that the Sri Lankan cricket team who were on tour in Chch had been dropped off by bus at the Mosque to pray, heard gunshots and ran to Hagley Park. They could have been in the Mosque if they arrived a few minutes earlier or on the street for him to shoot a few minutes later.

Maybe that would have given an excuse for Sri Lanka to retaliate but now they're relying on Muslim V Christian, instead of brain washed terrorist V paid terrorists.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I agree with this and the whole thing stinks of someone trying to ignite a Muslim V Christian s**t fight. I'd read the Albert Pike quote above and see this isn't a new idea.

The Chch bomber wasn't a Christian but a brain washed far right crusader. I said before follow the money and find who financed him and I wouldn't be surprised to find the same financiers behind Sri Lanka.

It's interesting that the Sri Lankan cricket team who were on tour in Chch had been dropped off by bus at the Mosque to pray, heard gunshots and ran to Hagley Park. They could have been in the Mosque if they arrived a few minutes earlier or on the street for him to shoot a few minutes later.

Maybe that would have given an excuse for Sri Lanka to retaliate but now they're relying on Muslim V Christian, instead of brain washed terrorist V paid terrorists.

Could not agree more.

The Sri Lankan link suggests that the timing of the CC event and the cricketers visiting the CC mosque were possibly not a coincidence.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Hang on a minute.
It was the Bangladesh cricket team that was in Christchurch at the Mosque.
Not the Sri Lankan one!

Here is a very detailed account from one of the Bangladesh teams players of what happened that day.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26281240/was-just-matter-30-seconds
...We returned to the team hotel and went straight to Riyad bhai's room. We started to watch the shooter's video. The players started to weep, like they were doing in the dressing room.

Back