Most advantaged and disadvantaged clubs

Who is the most advantaged team in the league?

• Adelaide

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 310 44.2%
  • Carlton

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 77 11.0%
  • Westcoast

Votes: 113 16.1%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Geelong

Votes: 184 26.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Sydney

Votes: 74 10.5%
  • Giants

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Freo

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon EEEEEEsports
Wrong. We have travelled 6 times a year since 2012.
you only travelled 5 times in 2013.

didnt even leave the state until round 7.
2018 - Crows, Lions, Suns, Swans & Freo
2019 - Lions, Sydney, Eagles, Giants & Crows
Eddie loves Gill

saints_333

Senior List
Feb 16, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
The bigger clubs have the advantage because they have the better training facilities and ability to pull in the players during the trade period. However between the top clubs like Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast, Sydney etc I don't think there is much difference between them.

Given the two above factors, if your the likes of St.Kilda, North Melbourne, Melbourne, Carlton etc in the current set up of the game you are screwed because no one ones to come to you and the majority of the stats over the last few years prove this. St.kilda only does well because we seem to be able to get the most out of our trades. Well at least until 2010 anyway.

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Cats do seem to get a good run with the MRP but in general more leniency to the good players. Wouldn't want someone missing a Brownlow over an incident that should just be 50

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Cats do seem to get a good run with the MRP but in general more leniency to the good players. Wouldn't want someone missing a Brownlow over an incident that should just be 50

Yeah our best forward since Gary Ablett Sr has a great record with the MRP so f***ing excellent post mate, real top quality

Our next best forward also had a real exemplary record with the MRP before he spent a couple of seasons at GWS too

(I’m assuming you dont have the mental capacity based on your post, to work our who I’m talking about. It’s hawkins and Johnson. Might want to do some research before posting this sort of garbage champ)

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Damn.
59CA89AF-7BD0-48D5-B62A-9144FA8B264D.jpeg

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Lot of discussion on why Collingwood are the 2nd most favoured for "obvious" reasons. Like every other year we travel 5 times, WA, SA, NSW & QLD are all the states included.

Yeah HUGE!!! advantage over the competition. So I'll explain it to all you salty campaigners why that is ("obvious reasons") that we play a lot of games at the G. For starters it's our home ground and 2nd we are a high drawing club and play other tenants there who are also high drawing clubs, so no home ground advantage. Only when we play Marvel tenants at the G do we have (hardly) which is 5 times this year - hardly a glaring advantage.

Yeah we play minimal games at Marvel against non vic teams for "obvious reasons" - once this year of true home ground advantage.

Wow, who would've thought that HQ would have enough business nous to actually do this?! Y'know take advantage of stadium capacity with a high drawing team.

For obvious reasons we don't play in Tas, Geel, Darwin, Ballarat, Alice or China.

For obvious reasons the teams over here travel a lot, "yeah f*** you geography - knew you had it in for us" FMD Whadya's want? What we move the competition to the middle of the country with 1 x 5k stadium so the travel is even for every team?

For obvious reasons the teams over here get to play 10 true home advantage games. Same as Port and Crows.

So there you have it, the comps f***** because of the overwhelming advantages to us and disadvantages to everyone else. How about if you don't like it stfu and go follow the local leagues where the teams train on their home ground.

Yeah our best forward since Gary Ablett Sr has a great record with the MRP so f***ing excellent post mate, real top quality

Our next best forward also had a real exemplary record with the MRP before he spent a couple of seasons at GWS too

(I’m assuming you dont have the mental capacity based on your post, to work our who I’m talking about. It’s hawkins and Johnson. Might want to do some research before posting this sort of garbage champ)

Gotta pay the fact it was only to fairly recently cats have had a fair go at the MRP

Remember a few years ago when Tom Hawkins would get a week just got looking at a bloke funny

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
It really depends on your viewpoint. If you look at Joel Selwoods record he has played 30% of his games at the MCG and 31% at KP.

I think it's safe to say you would have a fair degree of familiarity playing that many games at the G even if it is against those big bad MCG tenants.

Most disadvantaged is the Marvel tenants but hopefully Geelongs push for home finals in Geelong means that the Etihad tenants get home finals at their home ground. It's either all vic clubs get it or leave it at the G. Geelong has to be grouped with the Marvel tenants to be fair.

Can't say the MCC would like that too much.

Geelong with their tailored rulebook written by Whateley and Hocking.
I saw the title of the thread and asked myself, ‘how long will it take for a Tigers supporter to......’. BINGO

I love the fact that this thread started pretty decent with people having a decent discussions about the advantages and disadvantages of both opp clubs until a few Geelong bay posters come along a just want to act like Geelong is the most hard done by club in the comp
Me too. The first 7 posts were reasoned and compelling. Then a Tiger supporter comes in with the line that Geelong has the media and Steve Hocking in its pockets. THAT was when the thread was derailed....you just can’t help yourselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed & understood, but going back to the 60s, did they go or were they pushed ... academic only.
Melbourne FC foolishly voted to allow Richmond to become cotenants. Look how that panned out

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Clearly it’s the MCG based tenants.
No one else gets home finals and Grand Finals.
Funnily enough Saints, Roos, Dogs, not the interstate clubs are the most disadvantaged. They get no home finals ever and play on the G twice a year.
Plus bad time slots, more travel, playing at Marvel can’t be good.
Found lingy. Starts every sentence with clearly.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
West Coast most advantaged because they have the most cash. Their only disadvantage is travel but they have enough cash to minimise that.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

But you can't spend more than the salary cap so where's the big advantage in that? Other clubs are spoon fed by the AFL so again, what's their real advantage in a having a big pile of cash?

Why is this a troll? It seems pretty obvious the Collingwood are far and away the most advantaged club for a number of reasons. Do you feel threatened that people can have an honest discussion about that fact?
The reasons given why Club X or Y is "advantaged" are so far fetched you can't possibly take this discussion seriously

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United

Lol why you mad though

Surely Richmond with 9 of their best 22 out injured are more disadvantaged than any other club?

( ;) No I don't mean to start a running flame war.)

Dude, that's just mean :(

Back