Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a player. Tick
Not face to face. Tick
Obscure connection. Tick.

im moving a customer’s internet service to a particular address. There is already someone connected there. So I spoke to that person. They are moving into another house, and IT is also already used by another connection.

I checked the connection at THAT house, and traced it back to the customer connected there.
It’s Brendan Fevola’s dad, so I had to call him.

Saw De Grey and Ben Crocker enjoying some eggs in Albert Park last weekend
Crocker was a bit annoyed a table outside to enjoy the lovely weather was not available, whilst De Goey seemed more interested in the attractive waitress's carrying of the pancakes at the other end of the cafe

Saw Brad Johnson at McDonalds in Colac on the weekend

Can confirm he ordered small coffee. Cannot confirm if he is a smiling assassin, he had a mask on.

Saw Gary Ayres coming out of a video shop at Stud Park shops in the late 90's

I asked him for an autograph to which he obliged. He then looked at the video he just hired and said ''Crazy to think that video stores won't even exist in 20 years huh" :eekv1: Is he physic?

Saw Brad Johnson at McDonalds in Colac on the weekend

Can confirm he ordered small coffee. Cannot confirm if he is a smiling assassin, he had a mask on.

About ten years ago I was in line at a cinema in one of the nicer parts of Melbourne.

Jimmy Bartel, who was still a gun AFL footballer at the time, was in line ahead of me, with some cute lady.

I didn't say hello or anything, didn't want to bother him, I guess.

I was surprised that he was less tall and slightly more well built in the upper body than I would have expected.

His girl was no less pretty than I would have expected.

Can't remember the film, I was there with my girl at the time, too.

My girl was like, totally cuter than Bartel's girl. No seriously I wouldn't lie about that, this is the internet.

I met Shane Biggs queueing up to see Kolsch at the Forum, but that was far from boring. He promised me season 2018 would be better than season 2017, but that never happened. The fact that he was off chops and had a dhurrie behind his ear may have contributed to his poor prognostication, loss of form and subsequent retirement.

Shane Biggs. Never forget.

I played Under 12's, 14's & 16's with Tony Lockett. He regually crushed me into the ground at the after training kick to kicks. He never apologised. He also ate more pies than me at the pie nights.

Same fate befell me at the Stylus nightclub mid 90's next to the wrestling ring. I avoided going anywhere near him for the rest of the evening.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I actually braved the stare and went up and had a chat with Spider at one of those A Day On The Green concerts a few years ago (there to see Sunnyboys from memory) and he was quite nice. Although when I said to him "I'm a big Saints fan" forgetting that I was wearing a t-shirt by the rock band The Saints he look rather confused, I think he thought I was a bit "special"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in when he was playing for West Coast, my physio was Brad Ebert's GF now wife Bec.

My dental hygienist was Greg Broughton wife. When he got traded to Gold Coast I was ******* livid. She is back now though so my life’s back to normal though. Still hate them all for that trade though. Terrible for all involved

I can’t remember if I posted this already. But back in 2017 I saw Trent Cotchin with his wife and 2 kids at the time. I was with my wife and kids at the Frozen concert at Rod Laver. It was the day after st kilda smashed them in 2017. Who’d have thought they’d go on to win the flag after that.

I can’t remember if I posted this already. But back in 2017 I saw Trent Cotchin with his wife and 2 kids at the time. I was with my wife and kids at the Frozen concert at Rod Laver. It was the day after st kilda smashed them in 2017. Who’d have thought they’d go on to win the flag after that.
Yep, that concert would put anyone off their game.

I actually braved the stare and went up and had a chat with Spider at one of those A Day On The Green concerts a few years ago (there to see Sunnyboys from memory) and he was quite nice. Although when I said to him "I'm a big Saints fan" forgetting that I was wearing a t-shirt by the rock band The Saints he look rather confused, I think he thought I was a bit "special"...

So Spider is a Sunnyboys fan? I know Dermott Brereton is a fan having spruiked them on the radio. I also saw Dermie at a Radio Birdman gig. One of those my worlds colliding moments.

I was at a sportsman’s lunch with guest speakers Mick Martyn, Glenn Archer and Anthony Stevens.

Mick Martyn was a surprisingly poor public speaker. Glenn Archer is an absolute legend.

Very early in the day I was in the almost empty beer garden enjoying a pre-lunch durrie. Anthony Stevens, completely unprovoked, farted on my head.

I was at a sportsman’s lunch with guest speakers Mick Martyn, Glenn Archer and Anthony Stevens.

Mick Martyn was a surprisingly poor public speaker. Glenn Archer is an absolute legend.

Very early in the day I was in the almost empty beer garden enjoying a pre-lunch durrie. Anthony Stevens, completely unprovoked, farted on my head.

Re "unprovoked" - do you look anything like Wayne Carey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back