Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2013 when working an events function, I brought Matthew Pavlich (and Adam Gilchrist) their lunch. They had the beef and both said thank you.

Mate works in a bottle shop and he told me Wayne Carey came in with a few mates, in a stretch Calais.
He bought a couple of bottles of Rose and Sparkling. It took my mate some time to realise it was him, until one of the guys called him "Duck".
He made a joke about not going to Crown and Carey played along, pretending to offer him inflammatories.

Mate works in a bottle shop and he told me Wayne Carey came in with a few mates, in a stretch Calais.
He bought a couple of bottles of Rose and Sparkling. It took my mate some time to realise it was him, until one of the guys called him "Duck".
He made a joke about not going to Crown and Carey played along, pretending to offer him inflammatories.
What a people person. My man

Saw Brett Deledio having a meeting with a group of other men in Docklands the other day, I presume they were part of the player management group he is a part of now. He appeared to be attentive in the meeting. Touches his face a lot.

About 15 BC bumped into John Watts at the Karrinyup Tavern.
Saddled up to the bar to buy my round and a lonesome Wattsie was huddled over his beer. Just staring down.
The miasma of sadness and dejection was palpable.
Normally would not have said anything, but I did ask him if he was OK.
"Yeah mate. But thanks for asking".
His demeanour suggested that he wished to be alone so that was that.
It was quite sad.
He was really in his cups but not in the mood for chat.
Quite different to the public Wattsie persona.

Last edited:
worked at a supermarket. Saw Marc Murphy standing in the refrigerated section. He was looking at shredded cheese.

Another time heading into Southern Cross station, saw Johnno Brown heading down the escalators with who I assume were his daughters. Guy's huge.

Last edited:
Back in 2020 peak COVID lockdowns I saw Ryan Crowley jogging with Mitch Marsh. Apparently Marsh is listed as 5 cm taller but Crowley looked like a dwarf in comparison.

Pretty sure I saw Kane Lambert purveying the avocados in the supermarket the other day. Couldn't tell 100%, as he was indeed wearing a heat!

We didn't exchange glances, he didn't even look at me. It was an extremely boring sighting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Mark "Bomber" Thompson at Greenvale Coles. I was looking at him and he looked back at me. I looked away and then looked at him again and he looked again and caught me looking at him. Neither of us said anything.

I see a lot of the Western Bulldog players regularly at the Alfa Cafe in Seddon. Usually a heap of them are there on a Wednesday from 12pm-1pm. They must have something on at the Whitten Oval on Wednesday mornings.

I see a lot of the Western Bulldog players regularly at the Alfa Cafe in Seddon. Usually a heap of them are there on a Wednesday from 12pm-1pm. They must have something on at the Whitten Oval on Wednesday mornings.

I've seen a bunch of them there too. I was there with some coworkers and they were having a laugh at my sneaking constant peaks.

I've got a friend who's a kiwi and works at some coffee place near Punt Road.
He serves a bunch of Tigers boys and they seem to like him cos he doesn't know who they are.
The two he could name were Prestia and Soldo - said they're nice guys.

Swan Street, just past the corner Hotel?
I had a boring Prestia sighting there about a year ago.
We looked at each other, said nothing, and I walked on by.

Rhys Shaw walked past me at Broadbeach the other day. Saw me look up from my fish and chips and then looked away as he went past to avoid having to talk to some random footy nuff nuff.

My job sends me to supermarkets a lot.
I have seen Tom Hawkins buying toilet paper and Jeremy Cameron buying deoderant

Tony Armstrong is a friend of my girlfriend's boss. Said he seemed nice.

Walking down to Rod Laver arena to see Sting last week .. I strolled past Luke Darcy …. He was infront of the rowing sheds deep in conversation … I was going to tell my partner but she is English so it would take to much explaining 🤷🏻‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back