Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, not at all! Mate I drive a beaten-up 2013 Commodore, I'd be more likely to have to pay someone to take it off my hands!! Hey WillHayward, was that on Burke Rd a few days ago? Hope I didn't come across as rude, might have been distracted by whatever head-banging bull$#%& was on Spotify at the time! ;)

Cheers,
Rohan
Definitely not rude. Just driving your beast to get from A to B and getting hassled by lunatics.

I saw Rohan Connelly at the lights the other day. Hes driving some almost classic Holden sedan from the early 2000s. Gave him an enthusiastic thumbs up and I saw him lock his doors and quickly check the windows were up.

Also think I saw Bailey Smith this week too. Think he drives a black Toyota Hilux - pretty new one.
Connolly was eating with a buncha blokes at a nice hotel last week that i frequent occasionally,it was very quiet and i made a deliberate effort no to make any eye contact,i was there for the food only,rule #1,never disturb others whilst theyre eating

was he talkin bout himself for a change ?
not sure coz of the noise inside...at the table was a lady and a familiar lookin old man which annoyed the heck out of me that i couldn't ID him...but looked like Graham Munster Kinniburgh (deceased of course)

back to boring bits i ordered the curry, my colleague got the charcoal chicken/chips

Within 24 hours last week, I had a boring quadrella of ex-player encounters.

Shared a lift with Daniel Talia twice (no hat), watched Kris Massie run a PT class in Light Square as I crossed the road (blue baseball hat - unsure if a logo was present), had Ken MacGregor (no hat) run past me as I was eating lunch in the Square and saw Dean Brogan stretching before a run (white baseball hat no logo).

Brogan clearly wasn’t slip, slop, slapping either as he had no shirt on.

Saw Ilija Grgic at a Yarraville cafe a couple of weeks back. Knew the face instantly but it took me a while to work out who it was. Finally confirming the name gave me a great sense of satisfaction. He ordered several schnitzel sandwiches.

Sam Menegola works in the same building as me (when I go into the office)
Caught the lift with him no jokes 3 times in 2 days. I didnt say anything to him though

I’ve served Tex Walker and Mitch McGovern in the kiosk at Adelaide Oval. Also poured some beers for Hamish Hartlett at Adelaide Oval. All these encounters were at non-AFL events at the oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, not at all! Mate I drive a beaten-up 2013 Commodore, I'd be more likely to have to pay someone to take it off my hands!! Hey WillHayward, was that on Burke Rd a few days ago? Hope I didn't come across as rude, might have been distracted by whatever head-banging bull$#%& was on Spotify at the time! ;)

Cheers,
Rohan
Hi Rohan

May I please have your beaten-up 2013 Commodore? And what will you pay me to take it off your hands?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back