Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Got on the cans with an ex Swan at the races one day (played a season or two and had a hyphenated surname - actually cannot remember it at the moment). Ended up at karaoke. Actually, he was good fun db swannie . Most boring is usually 99% of the current and former players I have had to deal with via my occupation on the basis I am a somewhat normal adult and getting excited about meeting athletes died in my later teenage years.

Got on the cans with an ex Swan at the races one day (played a season or two and had a hyphenated surname - actually cannot remember it at the moment). Ended up at karaoke. Actually, he was good fun db swannie . Most boring is usually 99% of the current and former players I have had to deal with via my occupation on the basis I am a somewhat normal adult and getting excited about meeting athletes died in my later teenage years.
You prefer umpires these days anyway :)

Alistair Lynch was at my house for the afternoon in Mackay a couple of years ago working with my partner who worked for his allied health business.

She had earlier told me that Lynch had told her when she asked him about life after footy (she had no interest in footy and he knew that) that he hated people always asking him about footy.

So when I came home and walked through the door he said 'G'day' and I said 'G'day' and I left them to get on with it.

In the Offseason late last year I was walking through a national park with my missus and 2 dogs and as we were leaving we went past Brodie Grundy with his lady friend and dog. Brodie was in his Collingwood footy shorts and the dog was off leash and seemed to have a nice blend of speed and endurance. The national park has a strict dogs on leash policy. I dumped him from my SuperCoach team and in hindsight that was a poor decision.

Not a footballer, but I saw Caroline Wilson walking her dog with another lady who was also walking a dog near Toorak station on Tuesday morning. They were talking to each other, possibly about the dogs they were walking, but i'm not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a footballer, but I saw Caroline Wilson walking her dog with another lady who was also walking a dog near Toorak station on Tuesday morning. They were talking to each other, possibly about the dogs they were walking, but i'm not sure.
What breed of dog?!!

Found myself standing next to Jason Dunstall and a woman who I guess is his wife at the cash register at Myer at Carindale Westfield in Brisbane a couple of years ago. I was buying a belt and I think they had found a couple of shirts for him. I thought to myself "I wonder what Jason Dunstall is doing here?" and then I remembered that he started his playing days at the Coorparoo club just down the road and figured that his parents must still live nearby or something and he was in the area to visit them. Anyway, there was a bit of a confusion about who was going to be served first but I told his wife that she could go first and she said "thanks".

Last edited:
- Jordan Lewis walked past me at Civic in Canberra, a few hrs before a demons v GWS game. looked like he was wearing $20 kmart light grey tracksuit pants
- Mark Ricciuto was waiting for a ride in Crown Metropol lobby after checkout - think he was boundary riding a game at the G that arvo
- Was in line behind Luke Darcy and presumably his mrs waiting to checkout at Crown promenade, was short for a ruckman I thought

Saw Bob Murphy eating Pho in a Footscray restaurant. He seemed to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to give way to him and his family as they crossed Nicholson Street, Carlton.

The dog would've been walking her.

I was waiting on an order of Chinese food for lunch last week and saw Leroy Jetta approach and also order some Chinese food. I wondered if MSG would mix with any left over supplements residue from 2012 and cause issues. Before I could decide my lunch was ready and I left. It was delicious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back