Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Luke Dahlhaus and Lachie Hunter walking from Malvern Station towards Glenferrie Road last year. They looked over dressed. I looked under dressed.

Does anyone know where they were going?

I really want to know where they were going.

It makes no sense. What’s on Glenferrie Road aside from some unnoteworthy cafes?

I wish I knew about this thread last year because I probably thought about this too much.

I know that AFLW may not be welcomed or appreciated in this thread, but anyway...

I was driving through Elwood and saw Tayla Harris on the street talking on the phone.
I literally would not know if I saw an AFLW player. Even at an AFLW game

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Robert Harvey, in his playing days, 1993. Rye TAB, I was desperate that day, I spent the whole day in the TAB. So did he!

AFLW is not welcomed or appreciated, period.
I am pretty sure league football in the first place was popular because the masses could go and watch the footballers and be in awe at seeing them carry out feats normal blokes couldn't dream of doing. So the whole aflw thing escapes me! Just go watch local footy instead!

They have wandered past my house on occasion also the blighters, do they think they live in the area or something??
As previously noted in this thread I've seen them on Canning Street a number of times. That was a while ago now. I believe they have since moved to Northcote (next door to a mate of mine)

#bobwatch

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

As previously noted in this thread I've seen them on Canning Street a number of times. That was a while ago now. I believe they have since moved to Northcote (next door to a mate of mine)

#bobwatch

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Thank goodness for that! ;)

Was driving to umpire a game in Park Orchids. Was on Warrandyte main street and saw Travis Cloke pull up in front of me, didn't even give way.

He was driving a Green Holden Commodore if anyone in the area wants to slash the tyres and windows...

I work at a betting company taking live bets over the phone and Hawthorn ruckman Marc Pittonet is quite a regular caller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Luke Dahlhaus and Lachie Hunter walking from Malvern Station towards Glenferrie Road last year. They looked over dressed. I looked under dressed.

It makes no sense. What’s on Glenferrie Road aside from some unnoteworthy cafes?

I wish I knew about this thread last year because I probably thought about this too much.

Are you sure it was last year? We all know how fast time flies and it’s easy for days, months and years to blur and fade into one another.

I would strongly suggest that you actually saw the well dressed Luke Dahlhaus and Lachie Hunter heading to Kooyong for the David Bowie Glass Spider concert in 1987. It’s the only logical conclusion as the more noteworthy cafes in that strip are closer to the Glenferrie Station as opposed to the Malvern Station where you saw them.

I only wish I knew they were there as I also attended that concert. Despite having never heard of them in 1987, I still would’ve looked out for them for sure.

I saw Luke Shuey, Andrew Gaff and Josh Kennedy roll up outside the Wembley Hotel. Shuey was looking fresh.

I also saw Josh Kennedy and his girlfriend riding cruisy beach side type bikes along the Cambridge St strip near the IGA.

In fact I saw Josh Kennedy so many times in Wembley. He lives right near where I used to. Surprised me that a baller like him wasn't living in somewhere more upmarket.

I also saw Dean Cox strolling a pram in Mt Hawthorn

er you being snorty about Glenferrie road. dude.. not quite your speed. lol

er you being snorty about Glenferrie road. dude.. not quite your speed. lol

No, no, no you have me all wrong here. Glenferrie Road is exactly my speed, I’m usually pushing a pram around that area on a Saturday looking for celebrities.

I think Jean Claude Vas Deferens has provided the only reasonable explanation, given Dahlhaus was dressed like a model in the early 90s (so a few years ahead of his time).

Are you sure it was last year? We all know how fast time flies and it’s easy for days, months and years to blur and fade into one another.

I would strongly suggest that you actually saw the well dressed Luke Dahlhaus and Lachie Hunter heading to Kooyong for the David Bowie Glass Spider concert in 1987. It’s the only logical conclusion as the more noteworthy cafes in that strip are closer to the Glenferrie Station as opposed to the Malvern Station where you saw them.

I only wish I knew they were there as I also attended that concert. Despite having never heard of them in 1987, I still would’ve looked out for them for sure.

This is gold.

I saw Luke Shuey, Andrew Gaff and Josh Kennedy roll up outside the Wembley Hotel. Shuey was looking fresh.

I also saw Josh Kennedy and his girlfriend riding cruisy beach side type bikes along the Cambridge St strip near the IGA.

In fact I saw Josh Kennedy so many times in Wembley. He lives right near where I used to. Surprised me that a baller like him wasn't living in somewhere more upmarket.

I also saw Dean Cox strolling a pram in Mt Hawthorn
I had a stop over in Gero and was at Wollies. All my mates (all of them were freo fans) got to witness the bearded one, while i was busy figuring out which canned soup i was going to have for lunch that day. So devo when i found out he was there. Luckily as we were leaving we drove past the bearded one unpacking his groceries at his place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back