Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

OniAu

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Used to work behind the bar at Etihad Stadium (as it was called back in the day). One night after I finished work I found myself in an elevator with Cameron Ling & Matthew Richardson & had a little chat with them. Served Jason Dunstall a beer once, too.
Did Dunstall go off when the beer dribbled over the side. #savethedribble

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asapartyhat

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
I was in Nullangine on the weekend which is 120 kilometers by dodgy dirt track from Marble Bar in the Pilbara region .The dirt track is more like a roller coaster ride for four wheel drives.Nullingine is as remote and rustic as you could get.While I was in the hotel there were cattle in the beer garden.Anyway Fremantle Dockers game was on and the Aboriginal Women in Nullangine refer to Sonny Walters as the naughty Noongah.And I saw him once in a kebab shop.

AFDogs

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saw Jake Carlisle at the Anglers in about January and the poor bloke was hunched and could barely walk. Back looked absolutely ruined. Felt sorry for him, looked miserable.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Have a new one to add.

Saw Wayne Carey walking down Clarendon Street in South Melbourne on Monday as I was getting my lunch. Thoroughly uneventful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon
Once saw Nick Riewoldt pick up Thai takeaway in Brighton. He ran towards the restaurant, into the restaurant and out of the restaurant and just kept going, all while looking incredibly angry.

Only thing really worth noting is he is way taller than he looks on telly. Much taller than 1.93 m and I wonder if his official height is accurate.

blackshadow

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Team WADA
Once saw Nick Riewoldt pick up Thai takeaway in Brighton. He ran towards the restaurant, into the restaurant and out of the restaurant and just kept going, all while looking incredibly angry.

Only thing really worth noting is he is way taller than he looks on telly. Much taller than 1.93 m and I wonder if his official height is accurate.
That reminds me that I saw him run into a pizza shop in South Melbourne to pick up an order. He was definitely a man in a hurry and didn't look too happy. It was when he was still playing..

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Have seen the same group of young Collingwood players (including Isaac Quaynor and Callum Brown, I don’t recognise the rest) having lunch at the overpriced yuppie fish and chip shop on Swan Street three or four times in the last month.
I hope that they have been managing their money wisely.

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
That reminds me that I saw him run into a pizza shop in South Melbourne to pick up an order. He was definitely a man in a hurry and didn't look too happy. It was when he was still playing..
I’ve heard he ordered delivery but they were late. Just a rumour though. Could be wrong.

sobrave

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Interesting observation. I saw him at Melbourne airport once and was surprised to find him not as tall as I expected. As I walked by I thought "that campaigners not much taller than me"

Coops93

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denv Broncos, Suns, Crows
I saw Stephen Kernahan outside a McDonalds once. It took me a second to click, as being on the Gold Coast you don't expect to see a former footballer from Vic.

Drove next to Peter Wright for a few hundred metres. He was in a beat up old Commodore, because of course he was.

Saw Gary Ablett Jnr in a café. He was eying off the cakes, and I mean really eyeing them off. It looked like he was having an internal struggle as to whether or not to have one. He ended up not having one.

Financialpanther

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Saw Gary Ablett Jnr in a café. He was eying off the cakes, and I mean really eyeing them off. It looked like he was having an internal struggle as to whether or not to have one. He ended up not having one.
Quite a choice to eat cake and burn in hell or to resist.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Maybe he as just waiting for a signal from god before eating one.

Obviously didn't want to burn in hell though

Top Bottom