Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I too have had this experience, sans favourite player and gushing. Nice bloke to chat to though.

I used to sell wine to David Bourke and Clinton Casey when I managed a wine shop in Richmond. Dipper used to drop in every once and awhile too.

Bought a coat for my daughter off Trent Cotchin's Mrs at a baby clothes fair. Trent was there and he took the payment. Very quiet bloke who was really embarrassed to be there.

Kyle Cheney lived on my street when he played at Hawthorn. Said hi to him once when I was walking past him back from getting some milk.

Was at a Box Hill game back when Shane Tuck was still at the Hawks. Was standing at the urinal Michael comes in and takes a spot up beside me. Had an awkward conversation about wanting to shake his hand after he washed his hands.

I was managing a wine shop in the area of Dublin Jim Stynes came from. His parents came in one day ( I didn't know them at the time) and mentioned that they had been out to Australia a lot to visit their sons who lived out there and played football. I started to work out who they were talking about and realised that their youngest son was playing footy with my younger brother at the time.

My dad was a teacher and he his glasses broken in a teacher vs student match by Brendon McCormack who was playing at Fitzroy at the time.

I did some work at Box Hill Hawks when Donald Mc Donald was coach and remember playing kick to kick with Luke when he was only 5 or 6.

Gary Buckenarra used to live on the street of my primary school. His son Andrew and my brother got on well and they went to Jason Dunstall's house one day for a swim.

So many more that I have forgotten over the years.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was at a Box Hill game back when Shane Tuck was still at the Hawks. Was standing at the urinal Michael comes in and takes a spot up beside me. Had an awkward conversation about wanting to shake his hand after he washed his hands.

Genuinely funny stuff

Was at a wedding with Andrew Walker. My father in law hassled him about how s**t Carlton are.
Surprisingly Andrew left early.

Was he wearing a hat?

Seen Nic Nat & Koby Stevens getting lunch from Subway in Innaloo one day, pretty sure they got healthy options. Nic Nat sighed when a lady needed a second time to take photos with her, Koby seemed content

Also seen Zac Clarke, Stephen Hill & some other unremarkable Freo player at a Sunday sesh in Mullaloo one day. They were sitting on chairs, presumably looking at the local talent

Seen Nic Nat & Koby Stevens getting lunch from Subway in Innaloo one day, pretty sure they got healthy options. Nic Nat sighed when a lady needed a second time to take photos with her, Koby seemed content

Also seen Zac Clarke, Stephen Hill & some other unremarkable Freo player at a Sunday sesh in Mullaloo one day. They were sitting on chairs, presumably looking at the local talent
Nic Nac would be hassled relentlessly for photos and signatures in WA. He should just carry a bag with pre-signed photos of himself and refuse photos unless they're disabled or have a serious illness. images (91).jpeg

Saw Toby Nankervis while working at the Renegades game yesterday, he asked me where the free water give-aways were, i pointed to my right and told him where they were. He replied politely and proceeded to get free water. Tight bum
Can you tell me where they are? I see the signs but no directions and I get dehydrated at the cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone more unremarkable than Zac Clarke? Too interesting for this thread, that’s a find.

Saw Tom Rockliff in the back streets of Grange here in SA a month ago, was thinking we wanted to cross the road I was driving down but he didn't, we walked on the road to his car, I slowed down for nothing.

Two from just before Christmas,
Sold Todd Goldstein a bike in my shop, remarkably nice and chatty bloke, not your archetypal footballer. As you can imagine we sold him a rather large road bike.

Saw Scotty West queueing for KFC in Highpoint, counting a massive wad of pineapples in his hands. Must have ordered a few family buckets.

Two from just before Christmas,
Sold Todd Goldstein a bike in my shop, remarkably nice and chatty bloke, not your archetypal footballer. As you can imagine we sold him a rather large road bike.

Saw Scotty West queueing for KFC in Highpoint, counting a massive wad of pineapples in his hands. Must have ordered a few family buckets.
He does have a few families to feed apparently.

I drove over a certain traffic bridge in Mandurah with a Fremantle supporter who said - look to your left is Harley Bennel sitting near the window at the pub?

-oh yeah there he is I said

- *in campaigner is always there. Said the Fremantle supporter as we drove on to buy some rope for our rock lobster pots.Then the next morning we pulled 14 crayfish.The whites have had a good run this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back