Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

I saw David King in the Lolly Shop at Sth Melbourne market on a gameday last year. Buying bags of sweets. He was happy to have a brief chat and told me that it was his turn to stock up for the boys in the commentary box later that day.
Reality would be him running to his car to eat the lot.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Saw Wayne Carey at the Australian Open strutting aroung like David Hasselhoff with 3 mates.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
I saw David King a few months ago noisily walking into a cafe on south bank. A tall, leggy blonde was with him, although she was walking a few meters behind him and he didn’t wait for her at the door.

May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon
I ended up in a corporate box at the old AAMi stadium years ago for an Essendon v Adelaide trial game. In there was Tony Shaw and Greg Phillips of Port Adelaide fame. Both really good blokes, talking openly about the tactics and strategies and really down to earth. Shaw was handing out stubbies every 5 minutes and would pretty much talk to anyone about anything...those were the days

Feb 19, 2009
Moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda
I ended up in a corporate box at the old AAMi stadium years ago for an Essendon v Adelaide trial game. In there was Tony Shaw and Greg Phillips of Port Adelaide fame. Both really good blokes, talking openly about the tactics and strategies and really down to earth. Shaw was handing out stubbies every 5 minutes and would pretty much talk to anyone about anything...those were the days

Way too interesting for this thread.

Get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I saw Paul Salmon playing golf about 15 years ago at some golf club in eastern melbourne. His drive was a little 'flakey.'

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I saw David King a few months ago noisily walking into a cafe on south bank. A tall, leggy blonde was with him, although she was walking a few meters behind him and he didn’t wait for her at the door.

Was having a beer with my brother at the Woolshed at Docklands after a game a few years ago. Kingy strolled in with two young stunners on each arm. I was impressed.

Had Jake Stringer hold me up in a line in the supermarket last week. He then said 'sorry mate' and let me go first. He was waiting for a girl who I assume was his mrs*

* she didn't look underage

Back