Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
About 30 minutes ago I was at my local Woolworths in North Melbourne. I was buying some ham, went through the self serve checkout. As I was scanning my item, I peered across to my right and saw Ben Brown from North Melbourne. Ben is a monster on TV, but in real life, he is so much bigger. Ben and I both left the area at the same time, I was walking, ben was driving. As I was walking up the street, past the car park entries, Ben was pulling out, Ben waived me past, we both gave the thumbs up to each other.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
About 30 minutes ago I was at my local Woolworths in North Melbourne. I was buying some ham, went through the self serve checkout. As I was scanning my item, I peered across to my right and saw Ben Brown from North Melbourne. Ben is a monster on TV, but in real life, he is so much bigger. Ben and I both left the area at the same time, I was walking, ben was driving. As I was walking up the street, past the car park entries, Ben was pulling out, Ben waived me past, we both gave the thumbs up to each other.
Damn, really thought this was going to be Mitch Mcgovern still looking for an apple.

Mar 19, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

Was he hat-less?

Swannnnn

Senior List
Oct 24, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Saw a few of the Sydney boys at Sydney Uni while I was attending night classes there a few years back. Mike Pyke, Josh Kennedy and Kieran Jack.

Going back further, saw Brett Kirk at a farmers market at Fox Studios while i was manning an egg stand. Yelled ' Go Swans', he just smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
What car was he driving

Once saw Aaron Sandilands get out of a small sports car, odd selection of vehicle.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did it look anything like this?

1212427.jpg

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Have seen the same group of young Collingwood players (including Isaac Quaynor and Callum Brown, I don’t recognise the rest) having lunch at the overpriced yuppie fish and chip shop on Swan Street three or four times in the last month.
Did they order all fried?

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
when scanning...did he take HUGE wind ups ? like the item must be 5m away from the laser and then deliberately slowly, he swipes it

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Have seen the same group of young Collingwood players (including Isaac Quaynor and Callum Brown, I don’t recognise the rest) having lunch at the overpriced yuppie fish and chip shop on Swan Street three or four times in the last month.

If you just get basic fish and chips it's not too expensive, and pretty good too.

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Used to work behind the bar at Etihad Stadium (as it was called back in the day). One night after I finished work I found myself in an elevator with Cameron Ling & Matthew Richardson & had a little chat with them. Served Jason Dunstall a beer once, too.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Used to work behind the bar at Etihad Stadium (as it was called back in the day). One night after I finished work I found myself in an elevator with Cameron Ling & Matthew Richardson & had a little chat with them. Served Jason Dunstall a beer once, too.

Did Dunstall go off when the beer dribbled over the side. #savethedribble

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back